PDA

View Full Version : A few problems to be sorted!

Bison
Friday 23rd September 2005, 21:18
Some of you may or may not know that my T5 had a small oil leak. Well turns out that it is coming from the head gasket, so now the car has come back from the bodyshop in showroom condition I'm going to have to finish off the remaining costly minor niggles to make her perfect.

Firstly I need to get a Head (Gasket) Set, I also need a new clutch as mine is fandangled! Also there is a bush or bushes under the gearbox, like a stabilizer bush, mine are knackered. Everything else i:e cambelt plugs etc is done just the remaining stuff above to be sorted now.

Does anyone know what the make of A genuine Volvo clutch set is?

Bison

BlackBeast
Friday 23rd September 2005, 21:42
If your taking the head off, make sure you send it to a machinists to give it a very slight skim, also as the head is coming off you will need a new cambelt anyway as i wouldnt scrounge on £10 for the old belt to stretch and snap or miss a few teeth and then valves hit pistons, hell of a mess after that.

Clutch is Valeo is it not???

spesh
Friday 23rd September 2005, 21:45
My volvo clutch was sachs

elliot
Friday 23rd September 2005, 22:18
yep mine is sachs to have a chat to sw autos about a stronger one,i am running a R plate with diesel cover

Bison
Saturday 24th September 2005, 11:45
If your taking the head off, make sure you send it to a machinists to give it a very slight skim, also as the head is coming off you will need a new cambelt anyway as i wouldnt scrounge on £10 for the old belt to stretch and snap

I had a new cambelt about 1500 miles ago, surely it won't need another?
Is there anything else I should replace whilst the head is off? Does anyone have the number of this SW Autos? I would like a stronger clutch with the power upgrades I have planned.

Bison