PDA

View Full Version : Haynes Manual

White_Heat
Thursday 19th July 2012, 21:02
Hi all, ive recently purchased myself an 850 T5 Estate after not having a volvo for a few years, i always wanted an estate and sourced one locally cheaply which is going to be a bit of a project, my query is will the haynes manual that covers the 850 upto 96 cover a 97? Mine seems to be a 1997 model which is a P reg, and parts ect seem to stop at 1996, or will mine actually be a 96?

Many Thanks.

oblark
Thursday 19th July 2012, 21:08
Mines a P reg and is a 96 but when I get parts by using the reg number it comes up as a 97. I`ve not had any problem getting parts :biggrin:

MoleT-5R
Thursday 19th July 2012, 21:19
Hi all, ive recently purchased myself an 850 T5 Estate after not having a volvo for a few years, i always wanted an estate and sourced one locally cheaply which is going to be a bit of a project, my query is will the haynes manual that covers the 850 upto 96 cover a 97? Mine seems to be a 1997 model which is a P reg, and parts ect seem to stop at 1996, or will mine actually be a 96?

Many Thanks.

Umm.... haynes manual it's not the best as whenever anything gets bit technical it always quotes " refer to your volvo dealer" which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot......not lol

seriously there is nearly all you need to know here, you just need to search the forum or ask, there are plenty of people here that will have done most things at some point.

If your going to get the haynes manual don't pay full price, but it new or used on ebay or amazon, it does have some uses and it i'm sure will cover the year you mention as I believe these were just the run-out models. No doubt if I'm wrong someone will post a correction.

good luck. Adrian

White_Heat
Thursday 19th July 2012, 21:28
Umm.... haynes manual it's not the best as whenever anything gets bit technical it always quotes " refer to your volvo dealer" which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot......not lol

seriously there is nearly all you need to know here, you just need to search the forum or ask, there are plenty of people here that will have done most things at some point.

If your going to get the haynes manual don't pay full price, but it new or used on ebay or amazon, it does have some uses and it i'm sure will cover the year you mention as I believe these were just the run-out models. No doubt if I'm wrong someone will post a correction.

good luck. Adrian

Il keep an eye out on ebay and if i can pick one up cheaply il get me one but you have a good point there actually, anything i want to know il probably find on here anyway, i didnt think of it that way.

Thanks

Phil.

MoleT-5R
Thursday 19th July 2012, 21:32
Il keep an eye out on ebay and if i can pick one up cheaply il get me one but you have a good point there actually, anything i want to know il probably find on here anyway, i didnt think of it that way.

Thanks

Phil.

many experienced hands on here, so don't be shy, I'm not and I've got the the manual and still had to ask...lol