PDA

View Full Version : New shiney bits for my 855R

Nealevo
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 17:59
As my Volvo has been tucked away in the garage for a few weeks, due to working away, i finally got around to fit all my shiney new bits that have been yelling at me everytime i walk into the garage,

I brought a new set of coilovers as they seemed cheap, i'm not sure about them at the minute as the car seems to be a bit higher than when i started, but i have not test drove it due to being SORN'd, i'm sure it will settle down and can be adjusted, which i will attempt at a later date!!

I also fitted a FMIC kit that i got from TOYOSPORTS, (MARK-EIRE) said it was a doddle to kit..... He lied alot, but i got their in the end after a lot of swearing. This may be due to all the extra piping for my LPG system, but i think it looks good, i'm sure opinions will differ, I tried to use all my old Samco hoses as the kit had Blue, i nearly succeeded except for 2, it is a little low under the bumper but as the suspension looks like a 4x4 i doubt i'll have many issues.

I also had a call from the workshop where i dropped a large box of brake bits from various cars a few weeks back, saying that they had mocked up my system, just waiting for me to drop over my spare Volan, to see if they will fit inside, since seeing them in the flesh i have my doubts, so i may have to fit my Focus St 18's on......GGrrrrrrrrr

I hope the photos work..

much love and hapiness today!!!

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/nealevo/camera151.jpg
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/nealevo/camera152.jpg

t5 pete
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 18:09
The new pipe work in the engine bay looks smart, how much clearence is there with the new intercooler to the floor also the jag brakes looks really well iirc arnt the jag bolt patter the same as our volvos

T5frankie
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 18:17
wicked mate, brakes would look nice behind my 19's

Nealevo
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 18:22
how much clearence is there with the new intercooler to the floor also the jag brakes looks really well iirc arnt the jag bolt patter the same as our volvos

The intercooler sits flush with the bumper, but it has 2 mounting lugs underneath which are approx 40mm below, as for the brakes, the bolt pattern is the same and the bore it bigger so they bolt straight on.... It's just clearance issues I'm concerned about!!!!

V70 Graham
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 18:32
Looks like you'll be avoiding sleeping policemen then !

t5steve
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 21:29
you need a nice new bumper with more airflow to take advantage of that nice intercooler
http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q634/angliamania/PICT0403-2.jpg

andyb1375
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 21:50
Looks the business buddy

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 18th July 2012, 10:57
Nice job Neal...

I think you'll have a few wanting "rides out" next time you pop to a meet ;)

Nealevo
Wednesday 18th July 2012, 11:18
Emlyn, if i want to lower the car on the coilovers, do i wind the adjusters downwards, i.e undoing the thread... sounds like a daft question i know but i aint looked into it, and i know you fitted some a few weeks ago!!!

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 18th July 2012, 11:32
Emlyn, if i want to lower the car on the coilovers, do i wind the adjusters downwards, i.e undoing the thread... sounds like a daft question i know but i aint looked into it, and i know you fitted some a few weeks ago!!!

Yes mate, you lower the adjusters downwards... seems a daft logic initially because I thought by compressing the spring you would lower the car but of course the play in the dampner is less therefore sits higher so the longer the spring the lower it is but hey ho after learning the hard way I can confirm that this is the way to do it.