PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 bar boost

shepbomb
Monday 16th July 2012, 23:08
evening all, just been on a run and the new toy is boosting above 1.5bar not sure how much as the dial is rattling at the end of the dial, the car has a mbc and has been rica remapped is this safe... oh and its a 95 850 t5

t5 pete
Monday 16th July 2012, 23:11
Not safe at all first off the mbc needs taking off and the standard bcs need plumbing in to see whats shes boosting with out it

glock19
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 01:55
evening all, just been on a run and the new toy is boosting above 1.5bar not sure how much as the dial is rattling at the end of the dial, the car has a mbc and has been rica remapped is this safe... oh and its a 95 850 t5

What do you mean you're not sure if it's 1.5 bars ? The turbo dial is 1 bar at the end of the white patch. If it's at 3 o'clock (past the white patch, that's about 1.5 bars then. True on with Pete said, it's not safe with the MBC + RICA. Get a proper boost gauge and lower it to 1.2 max

T5frankie
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 06:11
I ran 1.5 bar for literally months lol, good fun ain't it? Lol

shepbomb
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 09:49
What do you mean you're not sure if it's 1.5 bars ? The turbo dial is 1 bar at the end of the white patch. If it's at 3 o'clock (past the white patch, that's about 1.5 bars then. True on with Pete said, it's not safe with the MBC + RICA. Get a proper boost gauge and lower it to 1.2 max

the car came with a extra boost gauge fitted, and its getting to 1.5bar and rattling as though its trying to go further

stevie69
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 12:28
it held at 1.2 before you found the leak.just wind the mbc back a bit..

Ed.
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 13:31
bye bye rods, nice knowing you :wave23d: lol

shepbomb
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 14:03
stevie took the mbc off, its running a lot better now :wiggle:

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 18th July 2012, 12:51
Mine ran for 3 month at that presure befor it started knockig good fun while it lasted lol

danny-R
Wednesday 18th July 2012, 16:47
The last t5 I owned was running 1.5 with garrett gt28 ,forged rods, tt etc and the bottom end didn't like it lol

Ali-Bongo
Saturday 11th August 2012, 09:40

My turbo needle used to go past the white but as far as I'm aware the car doesn't have a mbc fitted, just a Rica 280!? I do need to have a look at the turbo to see if any hoses are loose as I'm experiencing some boost issues at the moment so I'll follow all the pipes and see if there is a mbc hidden away.

p fandango
Saturday 11th August 2012, 09:51
My turbo needle used to go past the white but as far as I'm aware the car doesn't have a mbc fitted, just a Rica 280!? I do need to have a look at the turbo to see if any hoses are loose as I'm experiencing some boost issues at the moment so I'll follow all the pipes and see if there is a mbc hidden away.
the Rica will of raised the boost to get more power. The end of the white on the factory gauge is about 15psi

Ali-Bongo
Saturday 11th August 2012, 10:06
the Rica will of raised the boost to get more power. The end of the white on the factory gauge is about 15psi

Ah that's what confused me, I thought the standard gauge read higher psi than that!