PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy Brakes or ABS?

chrisall
Friday 23rd September 2005, 12:39
Here's a weird one:

When I got my C70 it had really bad brake judder & the brakes were pretty bad to say the least. I changed the front discs and pads and also the rear pads, which did improve it somewhat, however about 1000miles later they are starting to judder again. One thing I have noticed: When I start the car in the morning it has a bit of a missfire which coincides with the SRS light being on. As soon as the light goes out (takes a couple of seconds) the engine feels normal. So the question is: are the 2 related? Is the ABS ecu fecked? Can I pull a fuse to disconnect the ABS & see if it makes a difference? Why are my brakes so dodgy again after only a short time? HELP !!!

Cheers,
Chrisall.

madness
Saturday 24th September 2005, 11:45
sound to me like you need rear discs. check the runout, this is something we see from time to time

chrisall
Wednesday 28th September 2005, 09:12
Thanks for that, but I'm sure the problem is the front, it's just getting worse all the time & you can feel it through the brake pedal at low speeds. I'm sure there is an abs issue as well, when it's started the missfire coincides with the srs light being on, then there's like a 'clunk' from the front (definately not the angine!), the light goes out & the misfire clears..... strange but true !!!!