PDA

View Full Version : Boost gauge stopped working

T5frankie
Saturday 14th July 2012, 14:55
As abobe the boost gauge in my 850 has stopped working, where does the signal come from?

evolvo
Saturday 14th July 2012, 15:41
probably the pipe on the bonnet slam panel, had it a couple of times on the my t5r, under high pressure comes apart

glock19
Monday 16th July 2012, 01:10
The vaccum/boost is coming from the intake manifold (Christmas tree) near the throttle body.
Look out for the white plastic hose, it'll lead through the firewall, underneath the steering coloumn and into the intument panel.
If it's any broken joint inside the cabin, you should be hearing some hissing sound (unless your pipes are too loud), otherwise, it's from the engine side.

t5steve
Monday 16th July 2012, 14:35
look at the join in the white pipe by the rad on the right hand (as you look from front) side of engine bay...............mine used to come apart regularly............until i glued it in...................

JUDGENINJA
Monday 16th July 2012, 15:16
Comes direct from the vac tree..
Single pipe all the way to under the steering column dash. Then a joining pipe that goes to the back of the instrument panel.

t5steve
Monday 16th July 2012, 23:08
Comes direct from the vac tree..
Single pipe all the way to under the steering column dash. Then a joining pipe that goes to the back of the instrument panel.

mine must have been tampered with in the past as i had a piece of rubber pipe joining mine by the rad

t5 pete
Monday 16th July 2012, 23:13
mine must have been tampered with in the past as i had a piece of rubber pipe joining mine by the rad

Thats standard to have the join in but over time the hose hardens