PDA

View Full Version : S60 ABS Light

pyrotechnictigger
Friday 13th July 2012, 14:33
Hi Folks,

The traction control on my S60 has been increasingly kicking in on wet roundabouts over the past few months to the point where I just turn it off now before driving. Now ABS light keeps coming on and I'm getting an odd vibrating pedal feel at very slow speeds. Thanks to the Wobbly one, I had the ABS unit done on my V70 and it cleared that fault. So, does the ABS and the traction control use the same sensor? If so, seems a good place to start! Does the S60 (2004) suffer from the same dry joint problem?

Many thanks,

Ian

M-R-P
Friday 13th July 2012, 15:08
It's more likely to be corrosion in the plug/socket connecting the abs pump electricals or the reluctor rings on the hubs. When mine played - up I unplugged the abs unit, cleaned the connections and reconnected it and the problem went away.

pyrotechnictigger
Monday 16th July 2012, 16:50
Had the connector off the ABS module today, cleaned it and reconnected. In fairness, it was clean as a whistle to start with. Still the same problem. Time to read codes? If it's a sensor / ring, will the code give exact info or is it "do the whole lot and hope" time?

Cheers,

Ian