PDA

View Full Version : 16t with 15g housing pro or con?

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 10th July 2012, 23:54
ive got a 16t with the 3" angled housing waiting to go on the car, and looking to get a decat pipe,but cost is an issue at the mo,so just wondering if i fit the 15g straight housing to the 16t turbo so i can decat the pipe already on it,would i notice any real differences or should i stick with the 3" angled and wait till i can afford the downpipe to match??

oblark
Tuesday 10th July 2012, 23:59
ive got a 16t with the 3" angled housing waiting to go on the car, and looking to get a decat pipe,but cost is an issue at the mo,so just wondering if i fit the 15g straight housing to the 16t turbo so i can decat the pipe already on it,would i notice any real differences or should i stick with the 3" angled and wait till i can afford the downpipe to match??

I`m running a 16T in a 15G straight housing and I have not noticed any lack in performance. But the 3" angle flange would be better.

Kingsford G
Wednesday 11th July 2012, 00:24
Don`t cut corners Brick,u can get 3" one cheap and just decat it like Gav,nock all the cr@p out of it lol

glock19
Wednesday 11th July 2012, 01:50
Go for the angled flange. 16T CHRA is a superback whereas the 15G is flatback. With a superback, you can upgrade to a 19T compressor later.

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 11th July 2012, 17:48
cheers guys,so i best hold out for a "proper" downpipe then :)

T5frankie
Wednesday 11th July 2012, 18:00
all this angled/straight housing rubbish, you will see no difference mate, do it, my 19t has a straight housing

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 11th July 2012, 21:56
well im gonna try get an angled downpipe sorted just for the fact the turbos fitted with it,if no luck then im gonna swap the housings for a straight one ;)

oblark
Wednesday 11th July 2012, 22:52
well im gonna try get an angled downpipe sorted just for the fact the turbos fitted with it,if no luck then im gonna swap the housings for a straight one ;)

I`m looking into making my own 3" stainless downpipe later on this year if all goes ok I mite make then to order :)