PDA

View Full Version : Fail at fitting fpr

Mongo
Monday 9th July 2012, 21:55
Tryd fitting my fuel pressure reg tonight and failed plumed it in with the vxr injectors started it up to set the fuel pressure to around 2.5bar with no vac via an inline gauge i bought and got jet washed in the face by fuel. There was a pin §§§§§ hole in the t-peice of the gauge and it was squirtimg everywhere. Also in the few seconds it was running the glass that covers the gauge decides to fall out and smash. Really good gauge i recomend this gauge of ebay to anyone £12 well spent crock of s**t.
Making my trip to purtek tomora to purchase a new t-peice and ill just hide the gauge.

smithy
Tuesday 10th July 2012, 01:51
I got a complete kit from Fse mate not a boost valve it was a blacktop fpr and I've had it on my. 940 for 3 years now no probs

mitchyboy01
Tuesday 10th July 2012, 06:31
I bought a cheap eBay FPR first time round. It was §§§§§e. Sometimes you get a bargain but very rarely. Sounds like you've had a mare! When do you think your car will be 100% mate? I need my coilovers fitting, MTE map and oil restrictors for my Holset then I'm ready to roll. Hopefully by end of august Definitely up for meeting up when it's done! Or going to rolling road?

Mongo
Tuesday 10th July 2012, 18:01
Yea that gauge has caused me greiff. I really dont no after fitting this mechanicly its done got a slow water leak from somwere cant find it hopfully bit of kseal will solve it im hoping end of august to got an exspensive month really so gunna wait incase needs extra work at the rollers. Yea deffinetly up for meeting ya even if at the rollers u still going redline?

mitchyboy01
Tuesday 10th July 2012, 18:14
Yea that gauge has caused me greiff. I really dont no after fitting this mechanicly its done got a slow water leak from somwere cant find it hopfully bit of kseal will solve it im hoping end of august to got an exspensive month really so gunna wait incase needs extra work at the rollers. Yea deffinetly up for meeting ya even if at the rollers u still going redline?

No, I'm hopefully going to get a map sorted using MTE. Don at Kalmar Union sells them. Let me know when your car is in for mapping and I'll see what i'm doing mate. Good luck with the leak, bloody annoying the niggly problems!

Mongo
Tuesday 10th July 2012, 18:26
Ahh gdgd mate yea ill let u no mate all the best for u 2