PDA

View Full Version : Boost control question

Quicksilver
Monday 9th July 2012, 11:42
My boost has always been inconsistent, I've had turbo cars before and you would always know when the turbo started to spin up and the boost would come in, I've never had than with the Volvo, I seen to have to poke her hard with a sharp stick then she flys! Most of the time it's like driving N/A car.

What I would like is a little bit of boost starting lower down the rev range that I use more often.

All my boost hoses are ok, so my question is do I try replacing the standard BCS or will a manual BCS allow me to tune the boost better.

Cheers
Steve

oblark
Monday 9th July 2012, 12:31
My boost has always been inconsistent, I've had turbo cars before and you would always know when the turbo started to spin up and the boost would come in, I've never had than with the Volvo, I seen to have to poke her hard with a sharp stick then she flys! Most of the time it's like driving N/A car.

What I would like is a little bit of boost starting lower down the rev range that I use more often.

All my boost hoses are ok, so my question is do I try replacing the standard BCS or will a manual BCS allow me to tune the boost better.

Cheers
Steve

The boost should come in at about 3k anything less and you will bend a rod :scared: