PDA

View Full Version : BSR ecu (300bhp) or HML remap....??

Rudeyboy18
Saturday 7th July 2012, 16:22
Just wondered what all your thoughts are each..... I used BRS ppc on my saab 9-5 and was very happy. Just wanted any of your experiences with BSR ecu replacement and HML remap?? Its for a 1997-1998 v70 R. So the ppc option is out of the question. I believe its the same ecu as the late 850 R

Rhys
Saturday 7th July 2012, 17:10
There's also MTE to consider. You won't get 300 bhp out of a map alone (maybe 265bhp or thereabouts).
The HLM ones are just old Rica maps but for £150 (the last I looked) offer good value.
I also believe Tim Williams does one for the Motronic cars which is supposed to be excellent (think they're trying to develop one for ME7 ones as well)

Rhys
Saturday 7th July 2012, 17:24
There's also WothRline (http://www.wothrline.com/main.htm), I've got one in my V70 and it does me for what I want :) I've posts a link to his site as there is a wealth of information there (inc. the differences between early/late M4.3 and M4.4 ECU's) as well as a whole shed load of other useful info. I've even emailed Jan Elwoth directly and he was extremely helpful (to be unbiased there are other tuners who I expect will also be as friendly and helpful).

deathrider311271
Saturday 7th July 2012, 18:22
There is a member on T5d5 (dont shoot me please) who had a BSR remap on his car, he removed it asap as it was crap and installed a custom MTE map, he also ran over his ppc loader and binned it. BSR customer service is also crap i personally wouldnt touch them but your choice at the end of the day.

Another one well worth concidering is Shark Performance and AET motorsport