PDA

View Full Version : Solenoid vavle connection

Vinny
Friday 6th July 2012, 17:31
Tried to install a bosst gauge today and got tangeled up with the mass of wires pipes and other stuff in the engine bay.
Unfortunately i wasnt too careful and pulled the Solenoid valve's tubes out of their places, and cant remember which goes where.
Managed to find out where 2 of them go but not the last one.

1 - goes to the turbo

2- goes to the wastegate actuator

3 - ???

If hose #1 is coming straight from the turbo can i install the boost gauge using that hose?

thank you guys

oblark
Friday 6th July 2012, 17:47
Tried to install a bosst gauge today and got tangeled up with the mass of wires pipes and other stuff in the engine bay.
Unfortunately i wasnt too careful and pulled the Solenoid valve's tubes out of their places, and cant remember which goes where.
Managed to find out where 2 of them go but not the last one.

1 - goes to the turbo

2- goes to the wastegate actuator

3 - ???

If hose #1 is coming straight from the turbo can i install the boost gauge using that hose?

thank you guys

Hi, the boost gauge should be plumbed into the inlet manifold, as for the BCS pipework see attached diagram.

Vinny
Friday 6th July 2012, 18:38
Thanks oblark. but that diagram doesnt help me b\c the hose that i cant figure where to connect is the one going down from the solenoid in the picture, so cant tell where it goes.

oblark
Friday 6th July 2012, 18:47
Thanks oblark. but that diagram doesnt help me b\c the hose that i cant figure where to connect is the one going down from the solenoid in the picture, so cant tell where it goes.

That hose should go to the inlet pipework between the MAF and the turbo.

Vinny
Friday 6th July 2012, 19:52
Ive got it all connected properly!
Thank you very much.

still got much to learn about my (not so) little volvo. :)