PDA

View Full Version : GearTronic?

Assasin
Thursday 22nd September 2005, 00:08
Is this the paddel shift gear system or is it just a case of pushing the auto leaver foward in stages to shift gears?

/ me looks at search button.. :slap:

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 22nd September 2005, 00:11
Correct to the latter.

BlackBeast
Thursday 22nd September 2005, 00:12
The latter, shift the gear stick forward and back, its the only type of Volvo ive driven so far and i didnt care for it much, the fun factor wore off after about 2 minutes.

Assasin
Thursday 22nd September 2005, 00:17
Thanks...

are you following me blackbeast...

BlackBeast
Thursday 22nd September 2005, 00:19
Stop posting questions i know the answers to and I will :D :D :D :D

TedBovis
Thursday 22nd September 2005, 13:29
"the fun factor wore off after about 2 minutes"

I've got a test drive booked for Monday in an XC90 which will have the geartronic box, I'm not really bothered about the up and down shift as I think I will probably feel the same as you but are there any comments about the box? I've never spent much time with an auto other than a few test drives but with such a big car it makes sense and its the wife that will be using most of the time, I'm deffo keeping the C70.

oh and yes its going to be a d.d..d...deis...diesel (that was hard work)..and hopefully one of the 185bhp models :D

Any comments :)

philt6
Thursday 22nd September 2005, 16:46
I've got a S80 T6 with the geartronic box your choice how you use it i have had no problem in eithier manual or auto mode.

arbee
Friday 21st October 2005, 14:54
is it a proper auto with distinct gears (how many?) or is it a CVT with preset 'artificial' ratios?

Slightly off topic, does the 850 auto have a manual mode?

arbee
Friday 21st October 2005, 14:54
is it a proper auto with distinct gears (how many?) or is it a CVT with preset 'artificial' ratios?

Slightly off topic, does the 850 auto have a manual mode?