PDA

View Full Version : The breaking of a 854 Gul??

merc85
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 21:53
Ok Let me stress, this is not a sale of parts BUT what do you guys/girls think

My extremely Good Condition Manual 854 Gul may be getting broken.

Dont Wanna do this at all BUT she fails to gauge serious interest as whole so thought id gauge the response in breaking her.

Totally MINT not one mark , 5 Titan Wheels with NEW Toyo Prox's
Extremly good Leather interior best ive seen for a long time
Gearbox 100% Perfect
Engine Sweet uses no oil or water covered approx 5k since rebuild
All electric's works inc abs windows etc etc
Door cards un marked.
All panels accept nsf wing pritty perfect

Any questions just pm

I dont want offers just view's/opinons of the above, as this thread may get deleted or moved what would you do?

She drives and looks 100% spot on

T5frankie
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 22:02
but you wont get anymore for it than a tatty old olive green one in parts, stop being ridiculous, i'll shoot you myself, what do you want for it?

M-R-P
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 22:05
its a rare thing but I'm with Frankie.
Please don't Gav.

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 22:11
mate seems extreme...tho if you want to shift it maybe a swap plus cash with a car you could break with some mods ect....to break a gul seems wrong think this is the first time ive noticed its had a rebiuld? not sure if your other ads stated this,,maybe a more detailed ad showing all the cars good points and bad like listed here take it somwhere for some fancy photos

Santa
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 22:13
Also a rare sight, I also agree with Frankie

oblark
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 22:20
Rent yourself a garage and put the car in it.
In time the value of this car will go up and it will be a classic.
There are only 15-28 T5R`s still on the road in 2012.

shepbomb
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 22:21
Dont do it mate, If I had the money I would have it, but with a upcoming wedding etc.. I just cant afford it

merc85
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 22:24
The car has NO mods, Not 1. Engine rebuild i learnt of through a very kind previous owner who saw my ebay add, and kindly contacted my saying what he had done 5years ago.

Brand new suspension and engine rebuild which i can see by the BLOCK its as new. But i've stupidly lost the email thats why i havent mentiond it before.

Also she had new brakes alround which i have bills for, and bills for rear main etc etc and pcv totaling £1,500.

I dont want offer's just a geunine expresion of what i should do with a car like this. I forget i have it half of the time, i cant use it due to having so many kidds so my estate gets to do all the work.

Trust ME i would keep this car if i could, but it seems the market dictates what happens to cars like this so i reckon it will get broke.

volvo
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 22:28
what if i could MAYBE get a swap with a Gull estate, if you want an estate? Its an Auto

let me know if you do and i will ask. Oh, and i wouldnt break it, you wont get a grand in parts i doubt (if its all standard)

Cheers

merc85
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 22:39
what if i could MAYBE get a swap with a Gull estate, if you want an estate? Its an Auto

let me know if you do and i will ask. Oh, and i wouldnt break it, you wont get a grand in parts i doubt (if its all standard)

Cheers

After my last auto i dont want another, nor do i want to convert one. cant be arsed really and havent got the time either.

As for 1K i broke my previous 855 t5 auto i got £1,500 easy, And that was Red with hardly any mods, all she had mod wise was 17" wheels.

Please dont read this wrong, i know you break Volvo's all day long, i'm just going on my previous experiance.

I must stress although you read it all the time this Car is Far to good to "break", but it's sitting somewhere it will have to be moved from soon and a cant be arsed with storage much longer.

volvo
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 22:43
hmmm....in that case, breaking might be your only option but it would be a sad day.....

unless someone comes in and buys it.....heres hoping they do....if you cant store it much longer, you will be running out of options soon enough

hope you get something sorted and as i say, i will ask around for intrest in it

merc85
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 22:46
hmmm....in that case, breaking might be your only option but it would be a sad day.....

unless someone comes in and buys it.....heres hoping they do....if you cant store it much longer, you will be running out of options soon enough

hope you get something sorted and as i say, i will ask around for intrest in it

Didnt say i cant store it, just said it's got to be moved again soon. its just hassle.

daza-b
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 22:56
its worst than breaking an 855 t5 ;) lol

dalhousie2008
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 23:32
Sent you a pm buddy, but i can fully understand where you are coming from. The car i sold to ayden would have broke for over £2000 easily. In fact i had reservations upto £1500 no probs but it was a bit modified.

V70 Graham
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 23:38
There must be some way to keep this car in 1 piece, would be a real shame, If I had the money I'd snap it up.

M-R-P
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 23:43
group buy?
the VPC gul - for displays?

just a thought.

V70 Graham
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 23:47
group buy?
the VPC gul - for displays?

just a thought.

.....not the worst idea you've ever had :D

Rhys
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 23:51
Spray it silver, you won't feel guilty breaking it then. lol

V70 Graham
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 23:53

You mean he wouldn't feel gul-ty :D

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 4th July 2012, 00:14
If there is no market for these cars, then there should be nothing wrong with Breaking it, it seems that no one wants to spend money in these cars, but then we pay out or all the bits, sometimes the logic doesn't make sense.
If Emlyn struggled to get £500 for his then there really isn't a market out there and you have to take what is there.

I think there is 3-4 cars in the adverts at the moment that haven't been sold
I do wonder if actually breaking these cars will ever put the prices back up, or will these gradually disappear into oblivion..??

Wally Dog
Wednesday 4th July 2012, 00:53

No - spray it gay blue, then it will have to be torn apart (lol).

Seriously, have you read the feedback - I'm no expert but I agree with the majority above, THIS IS A CLASSIC OF THE FUTURE. I'm 35 and was around to see Volvo win the touring car championchip and the Gul is the closest to that that went on the road. It's the pinacle of 850's, the swansong. If money is your prime interest then see the future potential of such a rare car. If the love of Volvos is a concideration, pass her on to a worthy home to be kept on the road for years to come.

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 4th July 2012, 02:38
Can I say something? It seems to me and it has always puzzled me that for some reason the T5-R's painted in a flat and often fading looking yellow command on average a £1000 premium over their non yellow counterparts... this is where I believe the problem is.

This car for instance would sell in my opinion if priced at £2000 (infact I would consider myself at that price), despite the engine rebuild it still has 240ish k on the chasis which means the equivalent to those components which have not been replaced.

I think its hard to value it and as they say "Its only worth what someone is willing to pay".

Just my 2p worth ;)

dalhousie2008
Wednesday 4th July 2012, 07:41
I've just paid considerably less for my gull with half the mileage, but i did wait and punch when one came up forsale and it was a couple of months.

But still was more than i would pay for an olive

merc85
Wednesday 4th July 2012, 07:51
Can I say something? It seems to me and it has always puzzled me that for some reason the T5-R's painted in a flat and often fading looking yellow command on average a £1000 premium over their non yellow counterparts... this is where I believe the problem is.

This car for instance would sell in my opinion if priced at £2000 (infact I would consider myself at that price), despite the engine rebuild it still has 240ish k on the chasis which means the equivalent to those components which have not been replaced.

I think its hard to value it and as they say "Its only worth what someone is willing to pay".

Just my 2p worth ;)

You wouldnt believe the miles tbh if you drove it, AndysR and Jims70r have both seen the car and been in the car and were taken by it,

Still undersided what todo after a good nights sleep.

dalhousie2008
Wednesday 4th July 2012, 15:00
No one can make the decision for you mate, most are financial / needs based. If its trying to gain the most for the car as possible breaking may be an option.

I'll take the complete shell off your hands and i'm sure there are other who would want items as well.

To put it in to context i just sold my old 854 t5 engine (if you remember it) 75k on the clock for over £300 and the box for £125, clutch and flywheel £180 and turbo £100

This was from a car i paid £600. So i drove it for 6 months and made a profit with loads of spares.

shrekblackR
Wednesday 4th July 2012, 16:04
lend it to me till i get mine fixed lol or ill give ya £100 a month for it lol

Kingsford G
Wednesday 4th July 2012, 19:17
If u cose the clock and drive it most of u `d say she done 100k tops.I`ve been in the car and drives,handles and pulls absolutly great.Would b shame to c her broken.

t5steve
Wednesday 4th July 2012, 20:59
if you need it stored call me

V8mate
Friday 6th July 2012, 07:50
I'll give you £1000 for it is it a runner

dalhousie2008
Friday 6th July 2012, 08:07
i think he paid more than that mate, didn't sell on ebay for £1700 and worth a fair bit more broken. I think moose offered him £2000 for it.

Hoppsym
Friday 6th July 2012, 08:14
Don't break it!!!! I've wanted one for years but due to family commitments etc never got round to getting one, I looked at it last time you had it up for sale but couldn't bring myself to buy it as even though it's my favourite Volvo along with the (gay) gold one as yous call it I always think do I pay that sort of money for that age of car or do I buy a s60 due to the newness etc, and every time the newness has won. I'm currently looking now for a s60/v70 but ain't seen anything that's taking me fancy so will watch this closely as my heart may out rule my mind.