PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in P after having Parrot fitted!!!!

neil298
Monday 2nd July 2012, 17:46
Just had a Parrot handsfree fitted which involved the guy having to remove radio/panels etc and just got back in to move it and the gear stick(auto) is stuck in park and wont move!.Has the guy knocked a wire off or something?,Is it a gearbox that involves having to press the brake pedal before it selects a gear (as in my Audi) or is this just pure coincidence?<He left not 10 minutes ago and that is when its first happened so Im hoping its something hes done and not a new problem

V70 Graham
Monday 2nd July 2012, 17:54
I'd give him a call and get him to come back and re-check his work, if it was ok before......

I had a Parrot kit fitted to my er Golf and to be honest it's the worst bit of fitting ever, comes on only about 50/50

stephenevans99
Monday 2nd July 2012, 17:55
On my Geartronic, it's a combination of pressing the button on the front of the gear selector & foot on the brake pedal.

neil298
Monday 2nd July 2012, 17:59
I've put a call out to get him back but just wanted confirmation that there is indeed a mechanism on the T5 that means you cant select a gear until the brake pedal is pushed.Its too much of a coincidence if there is because of the route he has put the wires through.

stephenevans99
Monday 2nd July 2012, 18:01
So with the brake pedal pressed, the gear selector still refuses to budge? If that's the case, turn the ignition on & check your brake lights as this operates on the same switch.... I think.

Harvey
Monday 2nd July 2012, 20:28
There is a interlock on the gear stick / brake pedal probably pulled plug out.

stephenevans99
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 17:56
Did this get sorted Neil?

neil298
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 19:45
still waiting for chap to come back,should be tomorrow,will let you know the outcome but I really hope it is just something hes 'knocked' off

stephenevans99
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 19:55
Cheers, it'll be interesting to know what he accidentally did to cause it.

neil298
Thursday 5th July 2012, 20:12
So the guy comes back and the gearstick does go into gear with a little bit of force and seems to be OK,He checks his work and assures me that there is no obstruction and that the wires are not interfering in any way.Touch wood it is still Ok so I wonder if it was maybe the centre console that was perhaps not quite sitting square/true when he refitted it and that a little bit of force released whatever it was stopping me finding gears,anyhow,lets hope thats the end of the problem( I havn't paid him yet so another week will see if it has gone away...Fingers crossed and thanks for your help chaps