PDA

View Full Version : Volvo 855R Bent In Half

Liddo
Sunday 1st July 2012, 14:41
Was messing around on you tube and saw this! Must of been going some to bend an 855R in half

Got to 1.30sec and pause

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NEwPWmdKRA&feature=related

daza-b
Sunday 1st July 2012, 15:06
thats unreal!!!

T5frankie
Sunday 1st July 2012, 15:28
maybe a write off that one?

Rhys
Sunday 1st July 2012, 15:33
Looks like is got a Piper X induction kit.

Flicking through the vid and it seams I've found the inspiration for Dave Barton's badges...
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/gramayr/8ab75a45.jpg

:rolleyes:

V70 Graham
Sunday 1st July 2012, 16:13
maybe a write off that one?

Thought you'd have at least TRIED to polsh it out !

local-looney
Sunday 1st July 2012, 16:20
Phew!! That was lucky....nearly damaged the rear light clusters!!! Lol

Rhys
Sunday 1st July 2012, 16:32
Phew!! That was lucky....nearly damaged the rear light clusters!!! Lol

Rear wing looks ok as well..

T5frankie
Sunday 1st July 2012, 16:51
looks like a v70r to me lol

NORDIC R
Sunday 1st July 2012, 17:29
Cigarette lighter still working lol

JamesT5
Sunday 1st July 2012, 19:26
This is so awful, I mean the poor tree...! :) By the way can I take the car for a test drive...? :ices_rofl :uglyhamme

Rudeyboy18
Sunday 1st July 2012, 19:33
Jeeeze

Rhys
Sunday 1st July 2012, 20:44
Always said black is the worst colour to keep clean..... :rolleyes:

p fandango
Sunday 1st July 2012, 20:50
it looks like the floorpan hit the tree first, that accident went very very wrong before the tree got involved

spesh
Monday 2nd July 2012, 00:32
I blame the performance air filter

woz
Wednesday 4th July 2012, 17:56
Someone is going to have to notify their insurers about the bodywork modifications:>)

Wally Dog
Wednesday 11th July 2012, 01:14
God - you can just hear the distant echoes of the driver saying "Watch this..." just before the ouch moment!! Do hope it was a right hooker without a passenger though.

LeeT5
Sunday 15th July 2012, 09:11
God - you can just hear the distant echoes of the driver saying "Watch this..." just before the ouch moment!! Do hope it was a right hooker without a passenger though.

Looking at the extent of the damage i would say neither driver or passengers survived. You can clearly see that the tree didn't move and the car was peeled away from it. If i had to guess i would say it hit that tree at about 70mph, not quite hard enough to rip the car apart....testament to the strength of the Volvo chassis. It is a V70R classic too!

JamesT5
Sunday 15th July 2012, 19:14
Looking at the extent of the damage i would say neither driver or passengers survived. You can clearly see that the tree didn't move and the car was peeled away from it. If i had to guess i would say it hit that tree at about 70mph, not quite hard enough to rip the car apart....testament to the strength of the Volvo chassis. It is a V70R classic too!

Lee, unless you happen to be a trained Police accident investigator with years of experience, I doubt you could assess the speed of the car when it hit the tree. Plus how do you even know there were passengers in it, the car could have simply contained the driver and I wouldn't expect any car of this size to rip apart, Volvo or otherwise.

LeeT5
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 00:28
Lee, unless you happen to be a trained Police accident investigator with years of experience, I doubt you could assess the speed of the car when it hit the tree. Plus how do you even know there were passengers in it, the car could have simply contained the driver and I wouldn't expect any car of this size to rip apart, Volvo or otherwise.

I never said there was any passengers, i was simply saying that if there was then i doubt very much that they would have survived, do you??

I don't have to be a Police crash investigator to know that the car didn't hit the tree at 20mph, it think that the state of the car clearly makes that obvious, don't you? whether it was 70, 80, 90+ fact is, the car was obviously driving very fast and 70 is a good average. I'm not stating it hit at 70, just using the speed as a good example considering the extent of the damage. Besides, how do you know at what speed the car would have, or might have ripped in half? If the driver was doing 150mph on impact then i think it's fair to say that the car would be practically unrecognisable due to the fact that it would be in a lot more pieces than shown and scattered over a vast area.
When my Dad rolled his work van years ago, he was only doing 65mph and he swerved to miss stationary traffic on the M25. He went up the embankment and rolled the van in a field. The engine excited the van and finished up 150m further away than where the van came to rest! Miraculously my Dad was ok (bruised etc) but lucky to be alive. There was 4 other vehicles involved and ALL of them piled into each other, my Dad escaped as two of the the other people were seriously injured. Having had a couple of accidents myself in my driving career and seen many different types of rtc myself doing the job i do, i think it's a fair assesment and i'm not saying it's accurate at all, just a pretty good judge of what i can see, that's all.

JamesT5
Thursday 9th August 2012, 23:15
I think the driver should get the tracking checked....... :D

JamesT5
Thursday 9th August 2012, 23:57
Apparantly, they got Special 'Branch' in, to investigate this crash.....

woody
Friday 17th August 2012, 01:40
Jeez, good effort!

flooders
Sunday 19th August 2012, 18:50
Most have been going some wack

JamesT5
Monday 20th August 2012, 16:33
Most have been going some wack

I know, I've never seen a car park dent that size in my life. Shocking innit! :D

stephenevans99
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 08:20
The car is LHD so you could probably say with certainty that the driver didn't survive, the airbag sticking through the screen is most likely the passengers who most likely wished they took the bus that morning.

Tree 1 - SIPS 0