PDA

View Full Version : New FMIC setup(volvo 850)

mark_eire
Saturday 30th June 2012, 16:49
Put this on today. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. A lot of cutting and measuring involved. But was worth it. Pulls a lot harder. Turbo spins up quicker. Delighted with it.
http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af291/darren325i/Project%20Volvo/IMAG0295.jpg
http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af291/darren325i/Project%20Volvo/IMAG0294.jpg

martybelfastt5
Saturday 30th June 2012, 17:06
where did you buy this mark?

mark_eire
Saturday 30th June 2012, 17:15
Toyo tuning. It's a universal kit. Just make sure the intercooler isn't too big. Not much room to play with down there.

Nealevo
Saturday 30th June 2012, 17:58
Mark, may I ask what size it is please (dimensions) just been on there website and there are loads, as you say there isn't a lot of room to play with.

mark_eire
Saturday 30th June 2012, 18:09
It's 550x 225x 64

mitchyboy01
Saturday 30th June 2012, 18:16
Looks good mate. Where did you get the hard piping?

mark_eire
Saturday 30th June 2012, 18:17
From them aswell.they have a universal kit that has most of the pipes with it.
I'll do a write up and put it up when I get a chance

mitchyboy01
Saturday 30th June 2012, 18:21
From them aswell.they have a universal kit that has most of the pipes with it.
I'll do a write up and put it up when I get a chance

Did you bend the pipes yourself or just mix and match?

mark_eire
Saturday 30th June 2012, 18:24
Mix and match. Wasn't that difficult. Some needed to be cut but as long as you have an angle grinder and sand paper you'll be grand

Rnash2002
Saturday 30th June 2012, 18:42
Do you have a link to there site?

jardon
Saturday 30th June 2012, 20:20
Good effort - sounds like a nice kit.

martybelfastt5
Saturday 30th June 2012, 22:33
any1 a link??

theflyingbrick
Saturday 30th June 2012, 22:52
any1 a link??

i tried looking for it to put the link up but i cant find it?????? so someone needs to pull their finger out :saythat:

graemewelch
Saturday 30th June 2012, 22:52
Racebits also sell these. Hes a member on here but not as a trader. Im sure if you said yr fro. This forum hed do a good price.

Nealevo
Saturday 30th June 2012, 23:02
On eBay they go under the name tuningpartsbay, based in Birmingham, also called toyo sports. I had an exhaust made by them last year for my ariel atom, top quality stuff.

http://www.toyosports.co.uk/

p fandango
Saturday 30th June 2012, 23:20
i always wonder about the efficiency of extending the turbo pipes & add twists & turns to make the pipes fit the intercooler thats so low down

does look good tho

mark_eire
Saturday 30th June 2012, 23:44
Well the standard intercooler is wedged between the rad and the a/c condensor. The front mounted intercooler is right at the hole in the bumper so should in theory suck in a lot more vital cold air.

Racebits
Sunday 1st July 2012, 00:10
Racebits also sell these. Hes a member on here but not as a trader. Im sure if you said yr fro. This forum hed do a good price.

Cheers mate yeah I'd be happy to help you guys out with a discount and just with the pipes and clips you need to help bring the price down.

theflyingbrick
Sunday 1st July 2012, 00:35
On eBay they go under the name tuningpartsbay, based in Birmingham, also called toyo sports. I had an exhaust made by them last year for my ariel atom, top quality stuff.

http://www.toyosports.co.uk/

those kits are rather cheap!! im quite surprised tbh i thought front mount kits cost alot more than that?? another item added to my list ;)

theflyingbrick
Sunday 1st July 2012, 00:44
i always wonder about the efficiency of extending the turbo pipes & add twists & turns to make the pipes fit the intercooler thats so low down

does look good tho

maybe you could flip the intercooler so the pipework is further up??, im not sure about it being low down but only because the speed bumps round my way are like brick walls,so id be worried about bashing the cooler!!! but it looks the dogs danglys when you see an intercooler lurking behing a bumper :D

any chance of some pics with the bumper back on??

Racebits
Sunday 1st July 2012, 13:25
The intercoolers can be mounted either way as loads of fitting points both sides of the intercoolers.
Could do that exact kit £15-20 cheaper to help members save a few £££ ;)

deathrider311271
Sunday 1st July 2012, 13:38
The intercoolers can be mounted either way as loads of fitting points both sides of the intercoolers.
Could do that exact kit £15-20 cheaper to help members save a few £££ ;)

would you be able to put a kit together for P1 ME7 cars??

thanks

Simon

Racebits
Sunday 1st July 2012, 14:30

thanks

Simon

If we had a car for a day we could get the bumper off and make a kit and fit it. Could do this for any car. We have developed a few parts for Toyosports.

Please note I'm in no way trying to promote myself just trying to help members out.

Rudeyboy18
Sunday 1st July 2012, 17:46
Did you just leave the old cooler in there??? Looks awesome.... i think i might buy one this eve and fit next weekend.

Rudeyboy18
Sunday 1st July 2012, 17:48
If we had a car for a day we could get the bumper off and make a kit and fit it. Could do this for any car. We have developed a few parts for Toyosports.

Please note I'm in no way trying to promote myself just trying to help members out.

How much would you do a kit supplied for a 1998 V70 R awd.....?

p fandango
Sunday 1st July 2012, 17:49

theirs a couple of sensors mounted into the boost pipes on ME7's, should be easy enough with the right mounting bosses & welder tho

graemewelch
Sunday 1st July 2012, 21:10
theirs a couple of sensors mounted into the boost pipes on ME7's, should be easy enough with the right mounting bosses & welder tho

Thats easy sorted. Just send the pipes down to me but marked up wear the sensor gose. Alloy or stainlesz it dosnt mater. Will weld either

deathrider311271
Sunday 1st July 2012, 21:26
Thats easy sorted. Just send the pipes down to me but marked up wear the sensor gose. Alloy or stainlesz it dosnt mater. Will weld either

i will get hold of a pipe and send one down too you, then you can give me a price please mate

Simon

p fandango
Sunday 1st July 2012, 21:32
oh i keep forgetting about you lol. I'm after some alloy flange making & welding onto some pipe, is that something you can do?

graemewelch
Sunday 1st July 2012, 23:09
oh i keep forgetting about you lol. I'm after some alloy flange making & welding onto some pipe, is that something you can do?

Sure can.