PDA

View Full Version : Curious how much my car would fetch?

MattM
Thursday 28th June 2012, 21:46
Curious how much my car would fetch? The info will help me with some decisions in the future. I've spent over £1,500 on her in the 10 months ownership to get her spot on.

Here's the low down...

2005 model 54 plate S60 2.4 T5 - Manual
Autotech Remap producing 321bhp

Had full service including cambelt done 3,000 miles ago
Clutch, Slave, Flywheel changed 1,000 miles ago

DMF replaced with lightened SMF.

Full service history
Cream interior
58k miles

Some pics.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/mmccann722/2-1.png
http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/mmccann722/01.png
http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/mmccann722/IMG_2803.png

Kingsford G
Thursday 28th June 2012, 21:55
No idea but looks lovely mate.Should b good money mate.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 28th June 2012, 21:56
motivation? - bored already?

MattM
Thursday 28th June 2012, 22:52
Mulling things over in my head.
It's a great car, but at times I don't feel I'm fully appreciating it doing so little mileage.
I'm trying to cut back on unnecessary expenses and although I get fuel paid for by my company other costs aren't great.

I think if someone made me a decent offer I'd probably make the change to something bland and cheaper on the consumables/insurance.

M-R-P
Thursday 28th June 2012, 22:55
that's a bloody nice car mate, how could you possibly part with it?

MattM
Thursday 28th June 2012, 22:56
that's a bloody nice car mate, how could you possibly part with it?

I don't think I can, but it's interesting to know how much it would fetch still.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 28th June 2012, 23:04
Personally life's too short. What you need is some 1/4 mile or track day action.

M-R-P
Thursday 28th June 2012, 23:05
well, if I had any cash, I wouldn't think twice about offering 4000. but thats just my opinion. youll only get what somebody will pay for it after all. I really like it. but im broke and will be for some considerable time. :(

MoleT-5R
Thursday 28th June 2012, 23:07
Personally life's too short. What you need is some 1/4 mile or track day action.

I agree with that, life is to short, and there is never enough time for track action :eclipsee_

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 28th June 2012, 23:13
Matt - you're just suffering from an attack of the hum drum. Commuting is dull & yes having 321 bhp or 123bhp makes no difference. I think you need some experience of driving your car where you can enjoy it - Drive to the alps or highlands. Best places to go is where no-one else is.

If you still don't enjoy it after that then perhaps you need to find a car you do like.

graemewelch
Friday 29th June 2012, 04:23
4-4.5k i rekon. Our t5s arnt worth a lot these days

y2blade
Friday 29th June 2012, 07:38
Around £4-4.5k I'd say..judging by what else is on Autotrader right now with the same mileage (and age)

jardon
Friday 29th June 2012, 09:28

Indeed, I probably couldn't give mine away. You have a lovely car Matt and consider the bargain any prospective new owner would be getting. That's how I rationalize keeping mine when I have a wobble.

MattM
Friday 29th June 2012, 10:27
Yea that's a good point Jardon.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 29th June 2012, 13:08
Indeed, I probably couldn't give mine away. You have a lovely car Matt and consider the bargain any prospective new owner would be getting. That's how I rationalize keeping mine when I have a wobble.
You want to try getting an 850 upto 321 bhp - then you will know how good your car is & before I get lynched by a bunch of angry 850 owners, I am merely referring to the technical challenges faced getting an 850 to produce that kind of horse power.

I saw 2 855 GUL manuals on the bay last night (so much for being rare) - and whilst I did take some time to look at them as a future classic. Go buy one - one was up for the same price as your current car. Bit unrealistic. 2 months down the line we'll probably have the same conversation about selling it.

Then you quickly realise it isn't about the horsepower or the torque or the handling. Its a combination of things = the complete package & how a car makes you feel that counts. If not a Volvo then an Alfa or a BMW or VW or a Lotus (this list is not exhaustive) but something that gives you a smile everytime you look at it or plant your foot on the accelerator. Something that makes all the traffic cues, speed cameras, tax, insurance, stupid petrol prices all seem worthwhile. (there should have been some stirring music for the last paragraph). however I hope you see my point.
Do what ever makes you happy.

My best friend said wise words to me once (which stuck with me) - "if you don't like something in your life then change it". Fairly obvious but still wise.

TRAX 2012 is coming up - I have a spare helmet - Silverstone should be a giggle. Are you coming?

So in answer to the original question - it's about 3 - 4.5 grand - usual thing age/conditiion/mileage - but only if you want to. I wouldn't buy it because I am not as keen on the S60 shape & I am in too deep on the C70 vibe.

JamesT5
Saturday 30th June 2012, 22:19

I actually think the T5's are holding their value well. When I was looking at buying one I had to phone lots of sellers up before I actually found one that was still for sale because they just seem to sell in a flash, which means people still want them. I guarantee, if I put my 2001 T5 back on ebay now, even with nearly 227,000 miles on it, it would still fetch at least what I paid for it, if not more. I paid £1125 for mine but I think the T5's are so sought after, I'd fetch £1500 quite easily!

Regards

James