PDA

View Full Version : Shades of Anthracite and paint codes help please.

LeeT5
Thursday 28th June 2012, 04:11
Can any painter's or Volvo employeeeeees help me regards Anthracite. I am due to have my wheel's refurbed in a few weeks and i want them Anthracite. I know the code is 932 but i have heard there is a 'Dark' Anthracite - code 934. Is this true and does anyone have any pictures of it please? My local dealer said they only know of paint code 932 - Anthracite.
Thankyou kind sir's and sir'ess's:D

frobes2
Thursday 28th June 2012, 09:24
Lepsons in Gillingham are the people to visit as they have three shades, a dark, a medium and a light.. I had my original Titans done by them and I was really happy, I wouldn't go anywhere else now.. Hope this helps

Scott..

LeeT5
Thursday 28th June 2012, 11:29
Lepsons in Gillingham are the people to visit as they have three shades, a dark, a medium and a light.. I had my original Titans done by them and I was really happy, I wouldn't go anywhere else now.. Hope this helps

Scott..

I understand that Lepsons don't powdercoat, hense why i'm going to Spit n polish.

Flatout Phil
Thursday 28th June 2012, 14:05

Scott..

Lepsons ( http://www.lepsons.com/process.phtml ) are extremely professional and I concur with the above comment - it is a very high quality and durable finish and the process involves a full strip, machining etc, and I seem to think it cost me £240 including refitting some new tyres I supplied and balancing. You can get it done cheaper, but not better. The outfit is substantial and they are very happy for you to look around the works:

From this: http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/charliepippin/DSC03448.jpg
To this:
http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/charliepippin/BrandsMay11002-1.jpg

I chose a Lepsons anthracite (it's a tad funkier than 932) - but they will mix whatever you want.

Flatout Phil
Thursday 28th June 2012, 14:23
I understand that Lepsons don't powdercoat, hense why i'm going to Spit n polish.

Oh yes they do...
http://www.lepsons.com/powder-coat.phtml

t5 pete
Thursday 28th June 2012, 14:38
just been looking on there web site thats a really good price to have a wheel straightend or welded

Sharkey R
Thursday 28th June 2012, 14:39
I've got the colour code for you Lee, it's called "Shadow Chrome" ;-p cough cough

smithy
Friday 29th June 2012, 00:33
Have a look at my new rims on older models thread saying 940 future mods they are a nice colour

LeeT5
Friday 29th June 2012, 03:40
Oh yes they do...
http://www.lepsons.com/powder-coat.phtml

Ok fella! Just saying what they told me when i phoned them.

I've got the colour code for you Lee, it's called "Shadow Chrome" ;-p cough cough

Shadow chrome? That's not a code. Is that a name for a can of paint from Halfrauds? :biggrin:

Have a look at my new rims on older models thread saying 940 future mods they are a nice colour

Not sure what you mean mate. You got a link??

smithy
Friday 29th June 2012, 06:59
Ok fella! Just saying what they told me when i phoned them.

Shadow chrome? That's not a code. Is that a name for a can of paint from Halfrauds? :biggrin:

Not sure what you mean mate. You got a link??

If you look on this forum where the 850 threads are ,the is a section called older cars above that with a thread called 940 future mods . The wheels are on the last page dean put the pic up for me yesterday .im thick when it comes to computers so cannot put a link up sorry mate

Wally Dog
Friday 29th June 2012, 11:24
DON'T ASK MARTIN PEACHEY - he'll probably give you the paint code for his wheels, 001/922/gayblue (lmfao!)

V70 Graham
Friday 29th June 2012, 11:28
DON'T ASK MARTIN PEACHEY - he'll probably give you the paint code for his wheels, 001/922/gayblue (lmfao!)

Mind you the new MRP Black does look rather nice.....

LeeT5
Friday 29th June 2012, 16:46
Anyone?? Does anyone know the paint codes for Volvo Wheels that were supplied with P2 V70R/S60R from 2003>?

They list two colours in my brochure. 1) Bright silver 2) Graphite.

I would also like to know the paint code for the graphite/anthracite colour of my old classic R AWD that i used to own. Then i can compare or even see if the codes are the same. If the code is the same then i know exactly what the wheels will look like because my Classic R AWD has darker coloured 17" Satellite's.

I don't want peugeot codes or any weird 177.3 code that looks like Anthracite, i want the actual paint code for Volvo Anthracite painted on 1999 R AWD and 2003 R AWD.

Thankyou. Somebody must know.....????

V70 Graham
Friday 29th June 2012, 16:52
Wheel paint codes

Silver 930
Dark Silver 931
Anthracite 932
Champagne 933
White Silver 935
Bright Silver 936

V70 Graham
Friday 29th June 2012, 16:55
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/graham1326/DSC1530.jpg

LeeT5
Friday 29th June 2012, 16:56
Wheel paint codes

Silver 930
Dark Silver 931
Anthracite 932
Champagne 933
White Silver 935
Bright Silver 936

Thanks Graham but i question the legitimacy of those codes. Where did you get them from and why do they not list 934 which i know to be Volvo Anthracite Bronze. According to Gary, the very dark coloured one in his two wheel comparison post?

LeeT5
Wednesday 15th August 2012, 00:00
Car is at Lepson's and i collect, hopefully, Wednesday morning. I decided to go with Lepsons Medium Anthracite. The light anthracite looked the same as the R calipers and i don't want them to clash.

Will post photo's in a new thread once i get the car back.

p fandango
Wednesday 15th August 2012, 01:29
I decided to go with Lepsons Medium Anthracite
sorry, but after all the fuss & "MUST BE VOLVO PAINT CODE" comments in the thread. You decided to use there own shade of grey, which is no different to picking up a tin of any brand paint in the local Halfrauds which you frowned against

LeeT5
Wednesday 15th August 2012, 02:37
sorry, but after all the fuss & "MUST BE VOLVO PAINT CODE" comments in the thread. You decided to use there own shade of grey, which is no different to picking up a tin of any brand paint in the local Halfrauds which you frowned against

What you sorry for? Being as nobody could actually answer my original question, regards the paint code 934 and Volvo are less than useless, i had no choice but to roll with a non oe paint. 932 would have been the same colour as my calipers which is not what i wanted. I went with the Anthracite they offered because i could actually see it on a wheel and put it next to my car. I'm hardly going to use a can of paint and DIY my wheels am i!?

p fandango
Wednesday 15th August 2012, 02:53
What you sorry for? Being as nobody could actually answer my original question, regards the paint code 934 and Volvo are less than useless, i had no choice but to roll with a non oe paint. 932 would have been the same colour as my calipers which is not what i wanted. I went with the Anthracite they offered because i could actually see it on a wheel and put it next to my car. I'm hardly going to use a can of paint and DIY my wheels am i!?
i apologised because i don't like moaning. Being blunt even the whole concept of "must be Volvo colour" is beyond me, its grey paint & not as if you were even just doing just 1 wheel so needed to paint match. Find a colour & get them done in that which you did in the end, & yes many people have bought a tin & simply sprayed there wheels

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 15th August 2012, 08:51
all of the paint codes are listed here on the volvo accessory site:

http://accessories.volvocars.com/AccessoriesWeb/Accessories.mvc/en-GB/UK/S40(04-)/2005/all/all/R.H.D/ShowDocument/VCC-424661

the wheel colours are the ones at the bottom of the list.

to find the colour of the particular wheel you have, use the same online system and select your vehicle, open the catalogue and find your wheel. the paint colour (s) it came in is listed at the bottom of each description.

the older models such as s/v40 850 v70 classic are all pdf style but you can open the particular section you need ,aking it easier to find.

hope this helps.

M-R-P
Wednesday 15th August 2012, 12:18

Vauxhall Silver Lightning (cheeky git) :finger:

Mind you the new MRP Black does look rather nice.....

Thank you mate ;)

... I'm hardly going to use a can of paint and DIY my wheels am i!?

Why? If done carefully, you can achieve a good, long lasting finish that, although not as hard as powder coating, costs a fraction of the price and looks no different. Quick repairs to chips and scratches are also much easier with DIY wheel jobs as the chances are, the DIY-er would have the good sense to buy an extra can from the same batch, guaranteeing a colour match.

V70 Graham
Wednesday 15th August 2012, 16:19
.....quick repairs to chips and scratches are also much easier with DIY wheel jobs.....

Hope so, we'll find out tomorrow :)