PDA

View Full Version : Sat-R-day is finally here........

foammanmark
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 08:10
The D5 went to it's new home last night, and I'm off down to Alcester to get my laser blue V70 R today.

Look out for me if you're on the M5-M6! Catching the train down at 10.24am so should be in Redditch for 2.0pm where we're being picked up from.

stephenevans99
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 08:17
I bet you're like a dog with two dicks....exciting stuff !

foammanmark
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 08:19
I bet you're like a dog with two dicks....exciting stuff !

I am exactly like that, but at the same time a bit apprehensive on the much lower mpg!!

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 08:47
you dont buy a t5 or "R" to worry about mpg mate lol, good luck

foammanmark
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 08:52
you dont buy a t5 or "R" to worry about mpg mate lol, good luck

I've sat here with me calculator a few times now going through the figs., and at best I'll be paying £120/month more and at the worst £200/month more for fuel. 2 out of the 3 cars I'm using for my 30k a year need V Power, and one I can run on normal stuff most of the time.

The money that I claim for my mileage needs to be saved now to cover the higher running costs, but I'll get used to it..............

stephenevans99
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 08:56
Is a remap on the cards?

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 09:02
I've sat here with me calculator a few times now going through the figs., and at best I'll be paying £120/month more and at the worst £200/month more for fuel. 2 out of the 3 cars I'm using for my 30k a year need V Power, and one I can run on normal stuff most of the time.

The money that I claim for my mileage needs to be saved now to cover the higher running costs, but I'll get used to it..............

i really dont know why you didnt keep the d5 for work and have the blue one for the weekends, you're constantly going to be thinking about fuel costs

foammanmark
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 09:20
Is a remap on the cards?

Already mapped with the BSR 310. Had lots already done it, so that is a big reason for buying this particular car, but that has reflected in the price as well.

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 09:21
Already mapped with the BSR 310. Had lots already done it, so that is a big reason for buying this particular car, but that has reflected in the price as well.

ive a feeling it was top dollar

foammanmark
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 09:22
i really dont know why you didnt keep the d5 for work and have the blue one for the weekends, you're constantly going to be thinking about fuel costs

That makes the most sense what you're saying, but as I posted before, when you consider the depreciation of putting 30k a year on a single car, it's massive. If I can split that mileage roughly over the 3 cars, then OK, I'm running 3 cars, but all cars that I really love and they will only put 10k a year on.

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 09:24
That makes the most sense what you're saying, but as I posted before, when you consider the depreciation of putting 30k a year on a single car, it's massive. If I can split that mileage roughly over the 3 cars, then OK, I'm running 3 cars, but all cars that I really love and they will only put 10k a year on.

dont use the lazer for work

foammanmark
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 09:25
ive a feeling it was top dollar

Couple of minor dents in a rear door, but besides that, it's mint. You or me appreciate what has gone into this car, and I've paid more than the normal price for this car which I think is fair to the seller and buyer. We agreed a price without haggling as we had a very similar figure in mind.

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 09:36
Couple of minor dents in a rear door, but besides that, it's mint. You or me appreciate what has gone into this car, and I've paid more than the normal price for this car which I think is fair to the seller and buyer. We agreed a price without haggling as we had a very similar figure in mind.

quite fancy one myself now lol

V70 Graham
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 10:24
Can't wait to see the pic's

stribo
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 10:31
Enjoy the drive home mate, and watch out for speed cameras.;)

Wally Dog
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 11:01
MPG will be higher if your right foot is like mine (heavy) but you can't put a figure on smiles per mile!! :B_thumb:

I'll keep my ears open around 2:00, as I have a feeling that we'll hear your joy-gasm all the way down on the south coast! :banana:

foammanmark
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 19:39
The R has landed in Great Harwood. If I wash it tomorrow, then I will post some more/better pics.

Really enjoyed the drive home and the car was a joy. Thanks for all the comments.

foammanmark
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 19:40
quite fancy one myself now lol

Why don't you get another saffy V70 R?

foammanmark
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 19:41
MPG will be higher if your right foot is like mine (heavy) but you can't put a figure on smiles per mile!! :B_thumb:

I'll keep my ears open around 2:00, as I have a feeling that we'll hear your joy-gasm all the way down on the south coast! :banana:

LOL!! Did you hear me? It was about 3 or just after due to train delays cos of the flooding.

foammanmark
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 19:47
dont use the lazer for work

If I only do 10k a year in it with most of that being for work, then with 133k on the clock, it's not too bad, is it? I wanted an AWD mainly for the Winter, in case we get a bad one again. It could also come in handy when we go caravanning as we had a nightmare last year with boggy fields.

Nealevo
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 19:48
I live in Redditch, you should have popped in for a coffee, I'd have put it on the ramp so you could look underneath, glad your happy, enjoy the R

foammanmark
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 19:54
I live in Redditch, you should have popped in for a coffee, I'd have put it on the ramp so you could look underneath, glad your happy, enjoy the R

Thanks, and I now know for next time I'm down there. We came into Redditch station, and then had a lift to Alcester. Do you have your own garage then?

graemewelch
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 22:02
Nice looking motor. Look forward to seeing pics

Kingsford G
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 22:13
Sold my 1.9tdi which did twice the mpg of s70 but more fun,means I`ve to make more money to feed her lol as she is one hungry baby.Lazer blue looks the dogs,good choice.

foammanmark
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 22:17
Sold my 1.9tdi which did twice the mpg of s70 but more fun,means I`ve to make more money to feed her lol as she is one hungry baby.Lazer blue looks the dogs,good choice.

The D5 was showing 43.8 average mpg after not being reset since December. Don't think I'll see that with the R though! We did get 99.9mpg whilst going downhill with no throttle on the instantaneous mpg.

V70 Graham
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 23:34
Just make sure you get some more pic's up tomorrow Mark, your just teasing us with the 'behind the bush' shot lol

foammanmark
Sunday 24th June 2012, 14:42
Just make sure you get some more pic's up tomorrow Mark, your just teasing us with the 'behind the bush' shot lol

The reason I did the behind the bush shot, is I didn't want to be seen by neighbours, coming back in a different car and then photographing it! The weather is terrible, so I don't think any further photos will be taken today.

aftershock
Sunday 24th June 2012, 15:20
Glad the drive home was good fun!

MPG .. well I find it an odd one that people look at any "performace" car and say "blimy, bet you don't get many to the gallon in that".

Thats not why we have these type of cars is it! The .. as someone said .. smile per mile is worth the £xx per year. Well otherwise it would still be on my drive not on Mark's! lol

Yeah sorry not to have cleaned it Mark. Planned to hand it over sparkling but the English weather kinda stopped that one!!

I almost regret selling it now!!

As regards price. If Mark wants to reveal all I don't mind. We were both happy over the price. The car is such a good one it would stand up to any trial. Well enough of that one. AS i said we were both very happy with the price.

Still gives you a chance to spend time with it today! lol. As if you needed an excuse that is!!

Enjoy!!

aftershock
Sunday 24th June 2012, 15:23

If I'd known a fellow VPCUK owner lived in Redditch I would have suggested a meet!! lol

Actually I'd have been really happy for it to go up on a ramp. It is faultless!!

Nealevo
Sunday 24th June 2012, 15:54
If I'd known a fellow VPCUK owner lived in Redditch I would have suggested a meet!! lol

Actually I'd have been really happy for it to go up on a ramp. It is faultless!!

I think I have seen you a few times going up bypass to m42/becketts, it looked mint, I'm sure mark will be very happy...

andyb1375
Sunday 24th June 2012, 16:19
Nice looking car mark..Cant wait to see some pictures

foammanmark
Sunday 24th June 2012, 17:08
Glad the drive home was good fun!

MPG .. well I find it an odd one that people look at any "performace" car and say "blimy, bet you don't get many to the gallon in that".

Thats not why we have these type of cars is it! The .. as someone said .. smile per mile is worth the £xx per year. Well otherwise it would still be on my drive not on Mark's! lol

Yeah sorry not to have cleaned it Mark. Planned to hand it over sparkling but the English weather kinda stopped that one!!

I almost regret selling it now!!

As regards price. If Mark wants to reveal all I don't mind. We were both happy over the price. The car is such a good one it would stand up to any trial. Well enough of that one. AS i said we were both very happy with the price.

Still gives you a chance to spend time with it today! lol. As if you needed an excuse that is!!

Enjoy!!

Thanks David. The car was on 17.8 average mpg when we left yours, and It was hitting 22.8 by the time we got home after a good run. I've replaced both front door open lights, reconnected the headlamp washers and one is working, but one isn't. I already have a spare motor to fix this, so no worries there. De-greased and re-greased all checkstraps and door locks, and adjusted the handbrake so it bites a bit lower.

It would have had a good wash as well, but very heavy showers today. I'm not planning on revealing the price as that is our business.

martybelfastt5
Sunday 24th June 2012, 18:51
this the car i lnked up from carandclassic? looks lovely mate congrats

foammanmark
Sunday 24th June 2012, 18:59
this the car i lnked up from carandclassic? looks lovely mate congrats

Thanks! I bought it off Aftershock who's a member on here. Before that it was LeeT5's, so I'm the third forum owner.

T5RPete
Sunday 24th June 2012, 19:11
Looks good man!

We wanna see more pics!

Glad you like it!

foammanmark
Sunday 24th June 2012, 19:14
Looks good man!

We wanna see more pics!

Glad you like it!

As soon as the weather forecast shows an improvement, I'll be out washing and polishing it, and then the picys!!

Really like it thanks.

y2blade
Sunday 24th June 2012, 19:56
Good man, Can't wait to see some more pictures of it.

foammanmark
Sunday 24th June 2012, 20:17
Good man, Can't wait to see some more pictures of it.

There's a few minor things to sort, but there's no rush. It looks great as it is though and there's nothing that detracts from it's appearance.

V70 Graham
Monday 25th June 2012, 00:22
.....I'm not planning on revealing the price as that is our business.

.....and why should you, if the seller is happy he got a good price and you are happy with what you paid, then it's a good deal all round, well done.

y2blade
Monday 25th June 2012, 09:51
Is it Wxxx CUA?

I think that used to belong to our Farrier years back (He was one of the first owners)

aftershock
Saturday 30th June 2012, 15:17
Is it Wxxx CUA?

I think that used to belong to our Farrier years back (He was one of the first owners)

Try harder!! lol Rubbish detective work!!

I wanted to hand her over cleaming but weather here was awful! I don't think you will get to clean her this summer Mark!!!

Well I never put the handbrake on as I couldn't!! (for those who wonder why..I'm a wheelchair user .. long story ,... short).

Sometimes the right "dirty" look can be great in photos!!!

T5frankie
Saturday 30th June 2012, 15:20
Why don't you get another saffy V70 R?

no mate been there done that, quite like the lasers at the minute, my saffy s70r is up and running and sounding like a monster lol

foammanmark
Saturday 30th June 2012, 18:06
no mate been there done that, quite like the lasers at the minute, my saffy s70r is up and running and sounding like a monster lol

There's a nice looking laser up near me in Wigan on ebay, £1,000 reserve not met. AWD auto though.

foammanmark
Saturday 30th June 2012, 18:09
Is it Wxxx CUA?

No, this was on a T plate before it went onto a private plate.

foammanmark
Saturday 30th June 2012, 18:12
Try harder!! lol Rubbish detective work!!

I wanted to hand her over cleaming but weather here was awful! I don't think you will get to clean her this summer Mark!!!

Well I never put the handbrake on as I couldn't!! (for those who wonder why..I'm a wheelchair user .. long story ,... short).

Sometimes the right "dirty" look can be great in photos!!!

To be honest, I'm getting pretty frustrated with the damn weather. All 3 Volvos are dirty after rain which left them all in a right mess on Wednesday night. It's raining every single day at the moment.

I have adjusted all 4 doors slightly so they're all more in line and shutting slightly better. Also lifted the sunroof up slightly as it was too low and allowed a pool of water to remain on it.

T5frankie
Saturday 30th June 2012, 19:41
There's a nice looking laser up near me in Wigan on ebay, £1,000 reserve not met. AWD auto though.

i must resist the temptation wouldn't mind an auto awd though for a daily

dalhousie2008
Saturday 30th June 2012, 19:58
I must admit i live the awd on the s60r, but the new gull i've just brought is nice as well, not sure which to use, maybe 6 months of each lol

foammanmark
Saturday 30th June 2012, 21:52
i must resist the temptation wouldn't mind an auto awd though for a daily

Go for it mate!! Only 115k and with excellent history. If I hadn't already bought mine, I would have been to look at this one straightaway.

aftershock
Monday 2nd July 2012, 18:27
Does look a nice car!

MisterC1501
Monday 2nd July 2012, 18:32
I'm surprised Topcat has not seen this knocking about his town......

foammanmark
Monday 2nd July 2012, 18:32
Does look a nice car!

Do I sense the temptation to get another David?

aftershock
Wednesday 11th July 2012, 18:50
Do I sense the temptation to get another David?

Welllllll........... lol ........ no no no I don't NEED one but!!

LeeT5
Thursday 12th July 2012, 01:06
Everyone is gagging for photo's Mark. Do you want me to stick 15 of the best i have on for yer....save you the trouble? I must have over 100 photo's of her!

Here's a teaser......

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/IMG153.jpg

V70 Graham
Thursday 12th July 2012, 08:58
Everyone is gagging for photo's Mark. Do you want me to stick 15 of the best i have on for yer....save you the trouble? I must have over 100 photo's of her!

We are.....someone just post some pleeeasseeee

LeeT5
Friday 13th July 2012, 19:24
Here's what she looked like after 4 years ownership Car was completely standard before i had her....

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/V70R%20AWD/IMG_0530-1.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/V70R%20AWD/IMG155.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/V70R%20AWD/22-02-08.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/V70R%20AWD/1999VolvoV70RAWD3-1.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/HIDS%20and%20Projectors/ABMprojectors6000kHIDS001.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/HIDS%20and%20Projectors/ABMprojectors6000kHIDS005.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/HIDS%20and%20Projectors/ABMprojectors6000kHIDS014.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/IMG160.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/Photo0118.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/BSR%20Exhaust%20and%20ppc/Photo0011.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/BSR%20Exhaust%20and%20ppc/IMG141.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/BSR%20Exhaust%20and%20ppc/IMG140.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/IMG159.jpg

Hope these all wet your whistle and have you drooling!!!

T5frankie
Friday 13th July 2012, 19:36
gorgeous maybe my next estate will be one of these or a black one

foammanmark
Friday 13th July 2012, 20:09

Here's a teaser......

Thanks Lee for posting all the photos. The weather has been so bad that I just haven't had the chance to take any new ones. I've washed the car and immediately after I did that, it started to rain. She is a beauty though, but just a few things to bring her back to her best.

foammanmark
Friday 13th July 2012, 20:10
gorgeous maybe my next estate will be one of these or a black one

There's the one down in Gloucester, up for sale again with someone else but the price has come down to below £2k. Maybe after your Holiday?

T5frankie
Friday 13th July 2012, 20:58
There's the one down in Gloucester, up for sale again with someone else but the price has come down to below £2k. Maybe after your Holiday?

i know mate but then there is this
which is really nice

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-V70R-Classic-Black-New-Mot-125-000-miles-Arriving-Soon-/110903976675?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19d26462e3#ht_1588wt_1313

foammanmark
Friday 13th July 2012, 21:06
i know mate but then there is this
which is really nice

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-V70R-Classic-Black-New-Mot-125-000-miles-Arriving-Soon-/110903976675?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19d26462e3#ht_1588wt_1313

I know mate, I've seen it! It looks gorgeous and a decent low mileage too. Is it FWD or AWD, as it says both in the ad?

T5frankie
Friday 13th July 2012, 21:32
I know mate, I've seen it! It looks gorgeous and a decent low mileage too. Is it FWD or AWD, as it says both in the ad?

If it was fwd and manual it would be perfect