PDA

View Full Version : Which new O2 sensor for s70r?

Kingsford G
Tuesday 19th June 2012, 23:32
As above.Been searching and found a Denso and NTK for a reasonable price.Has anyone had any experience?Also which is the more important one or do I replace both?

siamblue
Wednesday 20th June 2012, 00:17
I thought the sensors were Bosch variants.

Al115
Wednesday 20th June 2012, 07:49
They are, I think.

I used http://www.lambdasensor.com a few years ago and was impressed with the service and price.

960kg
Wednesday 20th June 2012, 10:34
As above.Been searching and found a Denso and NTK for a reasonable price.Has anyone had any experience?Also which is the more important one or do I replace both?

It`s entirely up to you what you fit, but fit ONCE as it will get expensive if the ones you thought were ok turn out to give error codes or whatever.

You can get cheaper than Volvo`s own but are they good enough?

The front one is the most important for general running of the engine but although the rear one is mainly to check that the cat. is ok it does send signals to the front one and they do work in conjunction with one another thus sending the correct signals back to the ECU for fuel mix ect. which ultimately is performance whether get up and go or mpg.

They can last from 60 to 100,000 but after that although you may not get a light up they are past there best. They wear at the same rate.

When i have my T4 i replaced both at 112000 just for maintenance and there was a heck of a difference and was money well spent.

I always buy Volvo with anything to do with the engine......as in another thread the chap fitted Bosch plugs and he still had a misfire but then fitted the Volvo, Bosch made plug to volvo spec. and misfire solved!!

So at the end of the day over to you.

Al115
Wednesday 20th June 2012, 10:37
Volvo lambda sensors are Bosch ones, IIRC?

Yosser
Wednesday 20th June 2012, 11:43
Volvo lambda sensors are Bosch ones, IIRC?

It's a Bosch one on my S70R.

I replaced it with a genuine Bosch part from an ebay seller. Can't remember the price now (£60/£70ish?), but it was cheaper than genuine and still genuine if you see what I mean...

The original one I removed had exactly the same Bosch part number.

I'm sure there is a Bosch website somewhere that you can look up the correct part.

Kingsford G
Wednesday 20th June 2012, 13:56
It`s entirely up to you what you fit, but fit ONCE as it will get expensive if the ones you thought were ok turn out to give error codes or whatever.

You can get cheaper than Volvo`s own but are they good enough?

The front one is the most important for general running of the engine but although the rear one is mainly to check that the cat. is ok it does send signals to the front one and they do work in conjunction with one another thus sending the correct signals back to the ECU for fuel mix ect. which ultimately is performance whether get up and go or mpg.

They can last from 60 to 100,000 but after that although you may not get a light up they are past there best. They wear at the same rate.

When i have my T4 i replaced both at 112000 just for maintenance and there was a heck of a difference and was money well spent.

I always buy Volvo with anything to do with the engine......as in another thread the chap fitted Bosch plugs and he still had a misfire but then fitted the Volvo, Bosch made plug to volvo spec. and misfire solved!!

So at the end of the day over to you.

Mine is 105k so should do it really also seems a bit juicy 31mpg on the run 70mph

Kingsford G
Wednesday 20th June 2012, 13:57
It's a Bosch one on my S70R.

I replaced it with a genuine Bosch part from an ebay seller. Can't remember the price now (£60/£70ish?), but it was cheaper than genuine and still genuine if you see what I mean...

The original one I removed had exactly the same Bosch part number.

I'm sure there is a Bosch website somewhere that you can look up the correct part.

Exactly same car as yrs mate even wheel colour lol.Did u notice the dif?

Yosser
Wednesday 20th June 2012, 14:40
I had to replace it when I changed the downpipe, so I don't know if the difference was the downpipe or the sensor...

It can't hurt, apparently they do wear out over time. 31mpg at 70 isn't that bad tbh, best I've seen is probably 33, worst 7 :D

Quicksilver
Wednesday 27th June 2012, 13:30
Maybe I should change mine, I've never seen 30 in the five years I've had mine!!!
Is there one or two on an R?

Kingsford G
Wednesday 27th June 2012, 14:12
Maybe I should change mine, I've never seen 30 in the five years I've had mine!!!

same as others 2

Yosser
Wednesday 27th June 2012, 15:23

If it's a real R then there's only one ;)

deathrider311271
Wednesday 27th June 2012, 16:07
well i just got a quote from Volvo for the front lambda, hope your sat down £219.50+vat, my local bosch dealer can get exactly the same part for £85 all in.

Simon

Kingsford G
Wednesday 27th June 2012, 16:14
Go for bosch oe.I`m sure a genuine one is made by bosch anyway

Quicksilver
Wednesday 27th June 2012, 16:41
If it's a real R then there's only one ;)

Yes she's all R!!! Makes a change to have less than a normal T5!!

Yosser
Wednesday 27th June 2012, 16:51
Yes she's all R!!! Makes a change to have less than a normal T5!!

Unfortunately, if yours is an auto (as per your sig) then it will have 2 - only the manual versions have just the front sensor.

Sorry for the dig about 'real' R's, couldn't resist :D

deathrider311271
Wednesday 27th June 2012, 17:01
Go for bosch oe.I`m sure a genuine one is made by bosch anyway

i will see what bosch want too do its all part of a claim against them from a faulty MAF they sold me and the damage cuased by it. Im pretty sure they will provide all the parts required.