PDA

View Full Version : Can't open car DAMN KEYFOB!!!

gibbo
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 08:55
Go to get into car this morning. Hit the button and F**k all happens.
Can't open the car with key cause that will set the alarm off not good at 4:15 in the morning.
I'll open it when i get home so can someone PLEASE let me know which fuse to pull to shut it up.
I would look in the handbook but guess what it's in the bl**dy car :pants:
I changed the batteries about a month ago so i either got duff batts or the keyfob is dodgy any ideas??????????????

Car is a N plate 855

Cheers
Gibbo

chriskay
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 09:46
Think you'll find the alarm won't go off until you try to start the engine. Open the door with the key, open bonnet & pull fuse 6. This should disable central locking & alarm. Can you hear a faint chirp when you hold the fob to your ear & press the button; if so, the fob is O.K.
Cheers, Chris.

madness
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 14:22
sit in the car with the alarm going off , key in ignition ready with all doors closed.
when the siren stops, turn key all the way around and to start vehicle within 5 seconds. you only get one chance . this may disable the alarm

grdunn
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 18:21
I have a problem with my alarm going off randomly, doesn't seem to ba a reason for it. It doesn't stop when I press the keyfob or put the key in the ignition. I've tried pulling fuse 6 which stops it but then I can't start the engine as it won't turn over!

Paul ABZ
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 21:55
It may be obvious, but are you guys using the master key, or a valet key? The master key does the biz I think. Check the manual for the difference in shape between the master and the others.

grdunn
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 22:10
I only have one key............

gibbo
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 22:29
Cheers guys
I got home to late to arse around with it so i'll have a go 2mora

Gibbo

Paul ABZ
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 22:47
It could be a red herring with the keys. I had to use the master to re-prog the alarm on my 854 a month ago, but this may have been a coincidence. I read up on the system tonight and I can't see if the master has a transponder built into it at all. So it looks like it may just be down to a problem with your system rather than the keys.

splatt
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 23:23
mines the same...tempramental little bugger...
Happened to me in the local supermarket.
Used the key..alarm sounded (horn on bulkhead so disconnect if necessary)
once it went off it unlocked/locked fine and has been ok ever since,,bizarre...

gibbo
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 19:35
New batts in the keyfob.
Works a treat (b**tard thing)
What is the life expectance of the CR1220 Battery, surely longer than a few months?
I suspect a dodgy keyfob :slap:

Again thanks for all the answers chaps.

Gibbo