PDA

View Full Version : North weald Meet update

merc85
Sunday 17th June 2012, 17:11
As above had a totally wicked time, i didnt get any pic's but i'm sure a few of the other's did.

My Best of 3 runs i did was (14.81 @ 98mph) Didnt wana push me luck any further doing more as my Gear box is toasted and a bit of clutch slip on my second run.

AndysR came with me in my car and kingford followed in saffy,

Big thanks to t5steve with his pointer's and advice. And was certainly good to catch up with all the others.

Forgot the Nice chaps name who had a totally awesome v70d Mate that seriously shifted!

And stribo well done for eventually trashing my time lol.. that s60r looks ace on the move.

Finally was Good to eventually meet frankie, Great looking motor you have there buddy,

Hopefully the other's will post up some pic's

stribo
Sunday 17th June 2012, 18:00
Just back from a great day at North Weald. Thanks to Graham and Anne Marie for breakfast, you can't beat a bacon buttie. Good to meet some new faces as well, Gav had me worried with the times he was posting, but I think by the end I got the technique right. Thanks also to T5Steve for the car care kit for getting fastest time of the day. Looking forward to the next one, just need more power. ;)

BTW pics and vids to follow, as I have to show Rachel how to upload them from her phone. :lol:

theflyingbrick
Sunday 17th June 2012, 19:32
i was a great day the weather held out nicely,i managed to get it down to a 15.3 @92mph on my last run beating an rs focus in the process ;) but now i have a bench mark i can start to build on it and hopefully progress.

gavs face was priceless and right aswell bloody good times you put down with a limp gearbox mate :)

Kingsford G
Sunday 17th June 2012, 19:46
i was a great day the weather held out nicely,i managed to get it down to a 15.3 @92mph on my last run beating an rs focus in the process ;) but now i have a bench mark i can start to build on it and hopefully progress.

gavs face was priceless and right aswell bloody good times you put down with a limp gearbox mate :)

Thats a good time there mate.Great day,great public what more can I say.

Kingsford G
Sunday 17th June 2012, 20:20
Dave86 kills a chav lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9UPIsnDe-E&feature=plcp

Stribo vs rs focus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5WGYK3ICMc&feature=channel&list=UL

Diesel vas bmw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLbXi-nUR3o&feature=youtu.be

Theflying bcrick vs t5frankie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWj277LXSiI&feature=youtu.be

Merc85 vs a fast little §§§§ 306gti6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM3FWqanuLs&feature=channel&list=UL

stribo
Sunday 17th June 2012, 20:51
The first vid wasn't me.

Kingsford G
Sunday 17th June 2012, 20:55
The first vid wasn't me.

Sorry,all done now.U had a really good kick off before we left mate,went really well so did frankie.

stribo
Sunday 17th June 2012, 20:58
Thanks, although that was my worst start of the whole day.:slap::lol:

LiamT4
Sunday 17th June 2012, 21:00
Could we have some more times.

names, car and times would be good.

oh and frankie, what made you change your mind? i would have come if i'd have known.

T5frankie
Sunday 17th June 2012, 21:07
Could we have some more times.

names, car and times would be good.

oh and frankie, what made you change your mind? i would have come if i'd have known.

just woke up early this morning and thought §§§§ it none of my usual mates can be arsed to make an effort so just went on my own lol, you said you were skint as was i really although i came back with a broken engine

LiamT4
Sunday 17th June 2012, 21:15
just woke up early this morning and thought §§§§ it none of my usual mates can be arsed to make an effort so just went on my own lol, you said you were skint as was i really although i came back with a broken engine

Not skint, just that i shouldn't go because i needed the cash for other stuff. I could have ignored the sensible voice in my head though. lol

Instead i found myself at my work on a private road, trying to get some 0-60times.

How you bent a rod? I thought you had a good map in it and no mbc, actuator too tight?

T5frankie
Sunday 17th June 2012, 21:20
Not skint, just that i shouldn't go because i needed the cash for other stuff. I could have ignored the sensible voice in my head though. lol

Instead i found myself at my work on a private road, trying to get some 0-60times.

How you bent a rod? I thought you had a good map in it and no mbc, actuator too tight?

yeah mate map is for a 15g not an 18t too much boost in 3rd and 4th

theflyingbrick
Sunday 17th June 2012, 21:22

he wouldnt leave it alone lol just kept turning it and turning it..........

T5frankie
Sunday 17th June 2012, 21:23
he wouldnt leave it alone lol just kept turning it and turning it..........

i was actually loosening it rather than tightening it when you saw me mucking about with it lol

LiamT4
Sunday 17th June 2012, 21:28
Ah, i see....that would explain it then.

Sorry to hear that, suppose you'll be using the s70t5 for a bit then.

Kingsford G
Sunday 17th June 2012, 21:58
yeah mate map is for a 15g not an 18t too much boost in 3rd and 4th

Is it deffo bent rod?If so sorry to hear that,did tell u not to go mad wiv it as is yr daily drive mate.Still hope its not that tho.

T5frankie
Sunday 17th June 2012, 21:59
Ah, i see....that would explain it then.

Sorry to hear that, suppose you'll be using the s70t5 for a bit then.

no mate, just still use it, supposed to be going to spain in it next month, wtf is wrong with me? i hear drag racing and the call is too much to resist lol

Kingsford G
Sunday 17th June 2012, 22:08
no mate, just still use it, supposed to be going to spain in it next month, wtf is wrong with me? i hear drag racing and the call is too much to resist lol

If u was closer we could sort that baby out wiv a diff engine in.

t5steve
Sunday 17th June 2012, 22:11

sorry to hear that mate, hope its ok for your trip abroad still........was good to finally meet up with you .............on a lighter note should i disregard what you was telling me about adjusting the actuator lol.....

T5frankie
Sunday 17th June 2012, 22:15
sorry to hear that mate, hope its ok for your trip abroad still........was good to finally meet up with you .............on a lighter note should i disregard what you was telling me about adjusting the actuator lol.....

No mate it was map running with the wrong size turbo lol

t5steve
Sunday 17th June 2012, 22:35
was only kidding ..................truly many thanks for your advice today............