PDA

View Full Version : 16t actuator adjustment

d2k
Sunday 17th June 2012, 16:39
hi all.....

i got the heatsheild off my turbo & am about to go for 2 full turns of the actuator arm, but i read somewhere that this task is pointless on the ME7 engine as the ECU will step in to correct the extra boost i give it on the arm...??

is this true..??

i know an MBC wont work well with my engine but i was hoping to get a little more out of it...(i know the 16t is certainly capable of more)

:B_thumb:

JamesT5
Sunday 17th June 2012, 16:51
What's an actuator?

M-R-P
Sunday 17th June 2012, 16:59
hi all.....

i got the heatsheild off my turbo & am about to go for 2 full turns of the actuator arm, but i read somewhere that this task is pointless on the ME7 engine as the ECU will step in to correct the extra boost i give it on the arm...??

is this true..??

i know an MBC wont work well with my engine but i was hoping to get a little more out of it...(i know the 16t is certainly capable of more)

:B_thumb:
If you take the actuator rod off tye spindle, it should need pulling about 4mm to get it back on. Adjust it till its right. If its been slack for a while, you'll notice a big diference.

What's an actuator?

Pmsl! :)

960kg
Sunday 17th June 2012, 18:12
The hole should overlap the pin on the wastegate (for a basic setting if you haven`t got the tools to do it correctly) by only 1mm at the most. The rod is only just tensioned.

4mm will equal about 3 full turns easily.

The ME7 only withstands 1 turn otherwise problems.

M-R-P
Sunday 17th June 2012, 21:12
That's what ive done with mine, 4mm. My actuator could be tired but either way, I'm making 13 psi with no problems.