PDA

View Full Version : clutch fluid leeking

diggit1664
Sunday 17th June 2012, 16:38
wondering if anyone can help me.

My clutch peddle on my (v70 t5 2001) only returned half way back to the up position after a short trip to the shops today.

After a short drive home lifting the peddle back up after low gear changes i noticed fluid leaking from the point where the hose meets the slave .

can anyone tell me if its the coupling or the slave or what it will need to resolve the problem

thanks for any help

t5 stealth
Sunday 17th June 2012, 17:30
im not sure exactly what you meen but at a guess id say the hose has failed,as the metal master wouldnt usually fail,
if its a flexy hose then it may be perrished,
or if its a rigid hose/pipe then maybe a fracture,
if you clean it all off then get someone to push the clutch while you look at the joints and you should see fluid escape

diggit1664
Sunday 24th June 2012, 16:04
Problem solved thanks to modified police clutch hose and a bottle of Pepsi
£175 Volvo fix for under a tener
Thanks for the help was very much appreciated Thanks

Shadow
Sunday 24th June 2012, 20:14
how did the pepsi help? what's the diffrence with the police spec hose

diggit1664
Monday 25th June 2012, 09:38
the police hose has been adapted to reduce the flex at the point the rubber hose meets the mettle brake style hose .
and the Pepsi bottle was attached to a spare reservoir cap with a 10 mm hole in it .

if you squeeze the bottle it will give you about 35psi . this enough to push the clutch peddle up about 2" you can then pump it all the way up and down by hand and bleed the air out manually.
i messed about with cheep pressure bleeders for couple of days but this took about ten min 20 min from start to fin with help from my nine year old star of a son

M-R-P
Monday 25th June 2012, 10:07
Barn door mechanics - you gotta love it.

Bring on the A-Team lol.

JamesT5
Monday 25th June 2012, 12:08
Mines an '01 V70 T5, I just hope this doesn't happen to mine.