PDA

View Full Version : Trax 2012 Discussion

VPCUK
Saturday 16th June 2012, 16:19
Discussions about this years Trax :-).

Information for trax can be found at http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44804
The attending list can be found at http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44801

Please keep this thread for discussion only :-)

Previous discussion can be found here (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40195)

Last years thread can be found here (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36442)

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 16th June 2012, 19:35
I'm in a bit of a quandry at the mo, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be there.
But Won't be confirming until end of month..If at worst I may just be camping and watching this year...

MoleT-5R
Saturday 16th June 2012, 20:44
was camping per car or person? as I am thinking of bringing both cars this year

JT
Saturday 16th June 2012, 20:46
whats with the "paid" bit?

I dont get email notifications as i use dreaded hotmail:(

really want to do trax this year!:)

T5frankie
Saturday 16th June 2012, 20:47

Advanced tickets are cheaper, and fast track through entry

Volvostorm
Saturday 16th June 2012, 20:48

I'm guessing it means they have paid for their ticket? :)

claymore
Saturday 16th June 2012, 20:49

me neither, who do we pay and how much?

JT
Saturday 16th June 2012, 20:51
oh thanks guys, that really clears things up!!!!!!! NOT:)

I thought this was a group effort?
if not I would have booked ages ago........

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 16th June 2012, 20:53
me neither, who do we pay and how much?

All details here guys

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44804

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 16th June 2012, 20:54
I think the campsite we used last time was per car???

Pinup_gal
Saturday 16th June 2012, 20:55
Camping is per person, details in the sticky post in this area.

LiamT4
Saturday 16th June 2012, 21:35
Am i allowed to park in the designated area as "its a bmw"?? lol

Pinup_gal
Saturday 16th June 2012, 21:36

Yup mate, we're gonna custom make some volvo badges to glue on ;)

T5frankie
Saturday 16th June 2012, 21:36

No lol

Santa
Saturday 16th June 2012, 21:37
No lol

Be fair mate, you parked your bus in the area last year :-p

Santa
Saturday 16th June 2012, 21:41
Yup mate, we're gonna custom make some volvo badges to glue on ;)

http://i.imgur.com/J2yqA.jpg

LiamT4
Saturday 16th June 2012, 21:41
They'll be no gluing any badges on my car!

Although i could stick one of those "t5 inside" stickers on the bumper. That would confuse people. lol

Pinup_gal
Saturday 16th June 2012, 21:42
http://i.imgur.com/J2yqA.jpg

oooo pretty!!!

Perfect I think lol

T5frankie
Saturday 16th June 2012, 21:43
Be fair mate, you parked your bus in the area last year :-p

I should of taken the Roland garros round the track lol

Santa
Saturday 16th June 2012, 21:47
I should of taken the Roland garros round the track lol

Yeah........that might have shown that Austin Maxi whos boss

Jamest5r
Saturday 16th June 2012, 21:55
oooo pretty!!!

Perfect I think lol

Vajazzle anyone??

Pinup_gal
Vajazzle anyone??

surely you mean Volvjazzle :P

T5frankie
Yeah........that might have shown that Austin Maxi whos boss

Lol I remember that, what was he thinking?

Santa
Saturday 16th June 2012, 22:01
Lol I remember that, what was he thinking?

Having a laugh most probably.

Like Cadwell, was anyone having more fun then the guy in the Micra?

T5frankie
Saturday 16th June 2012, 22:09
Having a laugh most probably.

Like Cadwell, was anyone having more fun then the guy in the Micra?

Not me constantly overheating lol

Volvostorm
Sunday 17th June 2012, 22:36
I'm up for both the show and camping, but I will confirm both by the end of the month.

Volvostorm
Sunday 17th June 2012, 22:39
Another thing, you can sometimes request a hard standing pitch, if you ask for disabled access.

Its handy for wheelchair users ;)

y2blade
Monday 18th June 2012, 08:37
I'm really looking forward to it, last year was my first time at Trax and I really enjoyed the day.

t5 pete
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 00:21
No bbq's, NO BBQ'S, NO BLOODY BBQ'S well im not im pressed lol still coming tho will just bring more beer and the microwave

Jamest5r
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 00:31
No bbq's, NO BBQ'S, NO BLOODY BBQ'S well im not im pressed lol still coming tho will just bring more beer and the microwave

BBQ's and fires are ok on the campsite :) no prob's at all last year only people that got told off was the ravers in the far corner and that was after 1am lol.

Jamest5r
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 00:31
That's how your BBQ died LOL

t5 pete
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 00:34
That's how your BBQ died LOL

get ready you sods lol whos brining the bbq to trax mynes at york if some one wants to collect it lol

Jamest5r
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 00:34
Also Emlyn and me cooked bacon sarnie's on a gas stove in Trax the next morning :)

t5 pete
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 00:35
well your the man for the job bacon sarnies it is then

Jamest5r
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 00:35
get ready you sods lol whos brining the bbq to trax mynes at york if some one wants to collect it lol

That's the problem mate you dont want it back in your car afterward's lol, think it's Moleadrian & Jayne's turn.

MoleT-5R
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 13:48
BBQ's and fires are ok on the campsite :) no prob's at all last year only people that got told off was the ravers in the far corner and that was after 1am lol.

And we where still up after they had given in for the night....lol

will be there earlier this year I'm hoping and will be bringing the fire-pit that we obtained from avon last september (nice for someone to leave it for our benefit) and I'm hoping to find some suitable mesh for it to double as a bbq
(kill two birds with one stone so as to speak)

should be another great night, but we may have to use a different bit of the campsite possibly to fit everybody in more easily

Pinup_gal
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 13:57
No gas stoves allowed guys at Silverstone.

You'll have to make your bacon butties before you leave the campsite, failing that save energy and buy them :P

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 14:28

You'll have to make your bacon butties before you leave the campsite, failing that save energy and buy them :P

VPC insurance rule or Silverstone rule?

Pinup_gal
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 14:33
Silverstone Wayne not us!
They've got a long list of rules n regs mate.

Jamest5r
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 14:39

Didnt stop us last time :)

t5 pete
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 15:25
Didnt stop us last time :)

tut tut tut BANNED lol

What time is every one turning up

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 16:03
Yeah I have to say that nearly all events I've gone to I've either cooked or seen people cooking... Am I going to be banned if I bring the campervan and make a cup of coffee?

Santa
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 17:30
Yeah I have to say that nearly all events I've gone to I've either cooked or seen people cooking... Am I going to be banned if I bring the campervan and make a cup of coffee?

As long as its included on the health and safety report and you use lukewarm water I'm sure it will be allowed.

MoleT-5R
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 17:51
As long as its included on the health and safety report and you use lukewarm water I'm sure it will be allowed.

Health and Safety....lol

MoleT-5R
Saturday 23rd June 2012, 17:52
do you want the shelter again this year ( hopefully as a sun shade...lol ) ?

Santa
Monday 2nd July 2012, 20:33
Just a quick note for those that are down on the list but haven't paid yet. We need payments in by the 15th July.

The List is http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44801

And details regarding payment etc can be found http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44804

Cheers :-)

Jamest5r
Monday 2nd July 2012, 21:11
Question......why is everybody not parking in "the area" last year we could of squeezed 20+ cars in our plot surley the same this year??

smithy
Monday 2nd July 2012, 21:16
Question......why is everybody not parking in "the area" last year we could of squeezed 20+ cars in our plot surley the same this year??

Can someone please put my 940 as car showing

T5frankie
Monday 2nd July 2012, 21:20
And me please

Pinup_gal
Monday 2nd July 2012, 21:30
They are! if they are attending, I'm updating the list as people pay and tell me their cars :-p
Moving all these posts to the chat thread as this is for list only

Volvostorm
Monday 2nd July 2012, 21:54
Can you send me the payment details please Nat?

Pinup_gal
Monday 2nd July 2012, 21:57
Can you send me the payment details please Nat?

ok will do that now, sorry brain not in gear :)

Santa
Monday 2nd July 2012, 22:19

Not a clue, can only assume some people dont have cars :-p (Or just haven't updated/added/removed from the list yet).

Volvostorm
Monday 2nd July 2012, 23:08
Are you going to try for hard standing pitch this year?

I believe it works on a first coming basis

Pinup_gal
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 07:30
Hopefully we'll get a decent pitch as I'll be sending the form off on the 18th of July a month before the cut off :)

y2blade
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 08:26

Last year I didn't realise "we" had a stall/stand/display and I totally missed it when I was walking around too :( Our stand must have been WAAAAAAY over the far end.

With regards to this year, Do TRAX visitors REALLY want to look at my bog standard S60 D5? Don't bother to answer that :D

Nat I'll get my £15 to you before the 15th :)

Chad
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 08:34
im sure someone would love to ooooogle any 5pot

y2blade
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 08:35
im sure someone would love to ooooogle any 5pot

I'm not a "bonnet open" kinda guy though ;)

Chad
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 08:42
lol, but i have heard most fun is when the bonnet is closed......

y2blade
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 08:48
lol, but i have heard most fun is when the bonnet is closed......

Agreed
Funny enough My old 850 20v (The car that got me into Volvo as a brand) was the same as that!!!! :D

apart from mine not being a Left Hooker

Santa
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 09:28
Chris, not only do people want to see your D5 they want to see it on the track as well :-p

y2blade
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 09:39
Chris, not only do people want to see your D5 they want to see it on the track as well :-p

:D lol I don't think so.

I'll stick to two wheels for my Track action.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/y2blade%20track%20day/y2blade/bike%20pics/DSC_1222.jpg

Pinup_gal
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 10:01

Actually I agree with this!!!
Chris you should go round the track too :D

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 14:12
Why am I not up as fully paid - on the stand etc etc. Sent the money a while ago - or do I have to do this myself :cry:

Pinup_gal
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 14:20
Why am I not up as fully paid - on the stand etc etc. Sent the money a while ago - or do I have to do this myself :cry:

Dave updated it now ( moved this post to here as the other thread is list only)

It's not my official record so don't panic :)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 14:48
jag älskar dig xxx

y2blade
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 15:06
Actually I agree with this!!!
Chris you should go round the track too :D

I don't think so :D I'll wear my mud-flaps out

Chad
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 15:14
i got a spare set at the garage i will send them to you,!!

Kingsford G
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 20:35
I`ll try to make that one,`d b nice to c everyone.

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 21:00
Hey folks, for those of you that haven't been before, don't worry about the exhibiting bit, putting your car on the club stand isn't a big issue, it doesn't have to be concours condition ( you should have seen James's Saffy's alloys last year .... lol ) and my T5-R looks like it's done more than it's 251000 miles. The whole thing is to get as many volvo's together as we can on the stand and the benifit to you is, you don't have to walk from the car park, your car is there with you for anything you need, and you don't have to walk back to it at the end of a fun filled day.....and it helps make the club stand more impressive :cool:

So no excuses get your Volvo onto the VPCUK Stand
Just ask for a car pass when you buy your ticket, pop it in windscreen on arrival and the marshal's will usher you to the VPCUK Stand no walking necessary :biggrin:

Here's some pic's of last years Trax and Saturday Social ( other wise know as camping :beer:
http://photobucket.com/vpcuk1

Jamest5r
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 21:18
Oi Cheeky git lol, they are still the same :)

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 21:26
Oi Cheeky git lol, they are still the same :)

Oi......lol

You won't need to do them for this year, as you'll be in your Olive and making me envious.

Santa
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 22:20
Hey folks, for those of you that haven't been before, don't worry about the exhibiting bit, putting your car on the club stand isn't a big issue, it doesn't have to be concours condition ( you should have seen James's Saffy's alloys last year .... lol ) and my T5-R looks like it's done more than it's 251000 miles. The whole thing is to get as many volvo's together as we can on the stand and the benifit to you is, you don't have to walk from the car park, your car is there with you for anything you need, and you don't have to walk back to it at the end of a fun filled day.....and it helps make the club stand more impressive :cool:

So no excuses get your Volvo onto the VPCUK Stand
Just ask for a car pass when you buy your ticket, pop it in windscreen on arrival and the marshal's will usher you to the VPCUK Stand no walking necessary :biggrin:

Here's some pic's of last years Trax and Saturday Social ( other wise know as camping :beer:
http://photobucket.com/vpcuk1

Other than no excuses its the only way you are going to get a parking space anywhere near Silverstone.

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 10th July 2012, 19:06
Sorry peeps, due to some things out of my control I do not think I am going to make this one this year. If I change my mind I'll make the decision the night before and be there as a paying guest only(no display).

Please remove me from the list for the time being.

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 10th July 2012, 23:42
Sorry peeps, due to some things out of my control I do not think I am going to make this one this year. If I change my mind I'll make the decision the night before and be there as a paying guest only(no display).

That's a pitty, Jayne and I were looking forward to seeing you again and chasing you around the circuit, seeing as you know the ropes, will you be able to make it to avon this month ?

Sure Richard could manage to keep a pass for you just in case....lol

y2blade
Wednesday 11th July 2012, 08:21

That's a pitty, Jayne and I were looking forward to seeing you again and chasing you around the circuit, seeing as you know the ropes, will you be able to make it to avon this month ?

Sure Richard could manage to keep a pass for you just in case....lol

+1 that is a shame mate.
Hopefully see you there as a visitor :cool:

smithy
Wednesday 11th July 2012, 08:40

If you are a visitor you can come in my car again mate

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 11th July 2012, 12:28
Wayne - you will be sorely missed. More than happy to take you for a spin in mine (hopefully not literally). I would appreciate the guidance

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 11th July 2012, 18:39
Thanks for the messages, I just won't be able to confirm by the time VPC needs to book.

If I was to bring the V70 I wouldn't be going round the track any way; the V40 isn't running right and the 850 hasn't been touched..

Funny thing is I'm going to be there the weekend before for Renault world series and Camping if anyone fancies it twice.... Most importantly it is FREE!!

LeeT5
Thursday 12th July 2012, 01:31
So....when is the best time to arrive at the said event, especially if parking in VPCUK stand?

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 12th July 2012, 05:07
So....when is the best time to arrive at the said event, especially if parking in VPCUK stand?

There are cars arriving and moving around to get to the track throughout the day.

LeeT5
Thursday 12th July 2012, 17:50
There are cars arriving and moving around to get to the track throughout the day.

That's not what i asked. I mean't, what's the best time to arrive in the morning? I'm not tracking my car so i just wanna know when is the best time to arrive for the day? ie, i don't wanna get there at 10 and find there is no space on the VPCUK pitch. :)

T5frankie
Thursday 12th July 2012, 17:58
That's not what i asked. I mean't, what's the best time to arrive in the morning? I'm not tracking my car so i just wanna know when is the best time to arrive for the day? ie, i don't wanna get there at 10 and find there is no space on the VPCUK pitch. :)

anytime you get in quicker with a car pass earlier the better though

Pinup_gal
Thursday 12th July 2012, 18:16
If you get a stand pass you're guaranteed stand parking no matter what time you turn up :)

Jamest5r
Thursday 12th July 2012, 18:22
If you get a stand pass you're guaranteed stand parking no matter what time you turn up :)

Not true im afraid, some of the "pitches" last year were tiny for what club's had asked for we got lucky :)

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 12th July 2012, 19:50
Not true im afraid, some of the "pitches" last year were tiny for what club's had asked for we got lucky :)

I thought we originally had more cars coming last year...(TC and another??).

Pinup_gal
Thursday 12th July 2012, 20:45

James :P I'm sorting the pitch and it'll match the space to the car passes lol

Believe me there will be room :D

oh plus we did have a big marquee thing which took up space

shepbomb
Thursday 12th July 2012, 20:49
All paid up cant wait

T5frankie
Thursday 12th July 2012, 21:01
people are leaving it a bit late if they are coming/racing

Volvostorm
Thursday 12th July 2012, 21:08
You going to ask about hard standing?

Pinup_gal
Thursday 12th July 2012, 21:20
You going to ask about hard standing?

Yes Paul no problem :)

t5 pete
Thursday 12th July 2012, 23:29
Looking like a good turn out

dtp
Friday 13th July 2012, 04:32
Do I have to put my own name to the list. I have paid to attend with track time

smithy
Friday 13th July 2012, 05:39
Do I have to put my own name to the list. I have paid to attend with track time

Yes mate would be a good idea

LeeT5
Friday 13th July 2012, 09:42
So when is everyone thinking of arriving? What time? 8, 9, 10??

Santa
Friday 13th July 2012, 10:20

Park cars closer together :-p

(There was a 4 car width events tent and Wobbly's detailing tent there as well, all in all think thought there was enough space last year?)

t5 pete
Friday 13th July 2012, 14:20
So when is everyone thinking of arriving? What time? 8, 9, 10??

On the nite before i finish work at roughly 5 and then two hrs to get down there so ill probley be there for around 7-8

Sharkey R
Friday 13th July 2012, 16:41
Cherwell Valley Services at 8am sound good to anyone? Good place to meet, get a bit of brekkie and then head up in convoy.

For those not local to the area the Cherwell Valley services are on the M40/A43 junction and are accessible from both the north and the south.

Santa
Friday 13th July 2012, 17:06
Traffic does back up but if you aim to get there for 8:00 you should miss most of it :-)

dtp
Friday 13th July 2012, 17:40
Cherwell Services J10 M40 is one junction further than I have to go as i am traveling from Malvern Worcestershire, but what the hell, I could do with breakfast. See you there at 8

T5frankie
Friday 13th July 2012, 18:43
is chad really coming this time? lol we'll see

LeeT5
Saturday 14th July 2012, 09:04
Cherwell Valley Services at 8am sound good to anyone? Good place to meet, get a bit of brekkie and then head up in convoy.

For those not local to the area the Cherwell Valley services are on the M40/A43 junction and are accessible from both the north and the south.

Nice one Steve. I will see you there at 0800hrs. I will leave my house about 0545hrs to avoid traffic, take a steady cruise to the services and arrive about 0730-0745hrs.

Sharkey R
Saturday 14th July 2012, 09:56
I've no doubt we will hit a little traffic heading in as it does get incredibly busy but a volvo traffic jam, hey that wouldnt be so bad would it? :-)

Pinup_gal
Saturday 14th July 2012, 09:57
We got there really early last year and popped to the campsite first, but there was very little traffic on way to silverstone from site.
Drove straight in literally, it was around 8am!

shepbomb
Saturday 14th July 2012, 10:28
Early start then :-)

MoleT-5R
Saturday 14th July 2012, 19:53
We drove in the back door from the campsite, across the fields on a little concrete road, very quickly marshaled to the vpcuk pitch, excellent

t5 pete
Saturday 14th July 2012, 22:04
Not long to wait now also get your money in ppl who havent all ready as tomorrow is the dead line

shaun850
Sunday 15th July 2012, 18:05
Can somebody add me to the attendance list please? Struggling on the iPad, I require a car pass too :)) will pay tomorrow i that's ok
Sorry it's last minute.com

Cheers

Chad
Sunday 15th July 2012, 23:52
is chad really coming this time? lol we'll see

Yes i am mate.

Even booked it as annual leave.

Dont worry, i wont be as quick as your saffy :firedevil

JUDGENINJA
Monday 16th July 2012, 03:06
Found this whilst searching archives.... Aaah I miss those days of ruining cars!!
TRAX 2006..
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/OLIVET5/judgeninjaSmall.jpg
0-60 run at 6.60seconds..
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/RICARDOBARNYARD/th_DSCF2478.jpg

LeeT5
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 00:30
Can anyone confirm if it's £15 per person or per vehicle? Only, a mate wants to come with me and he may have to pay.

Santa
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 07:02
Can anyone confirm if it's £15 per person or per vehicle? Only, a mate wants to come with me and he may have to pay.

Its per person Lee.

Nealevo
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 09:37

hide him in the boot!!!

LeeT5
Tuesday 17th July 2012, 09:46
hide him in the boot!!!

:hidesbehi

LeeT5
Saturday 18th August 2012, 10:36
UPDATE.

So were all meeting at Cherwell services now at 0700, not 0800. Then the short drive up to SIlverstone to drive in about 8.

dtp
Saturday 18th August 2012, 19:09
Who said Cherwell at seven?

t5 pete
Saturday 18th August 2012, 19:50
On the sat there will be four cars going down the m1 from juncition 36 if any one wants to join also what time are people getting there on sat

Volvostorm
Saturday 18th August 2012, 20:01
What time are people meeting up at the camp site?

t5 pete
Saturday 18th August 2012, 20:09
Also any one got the post code for the camp site

Volvostorm
Saturday 18th August 2012, 20:34
Also any one got the post code for the camp site

Whittlebury Park

NN12 8XW

t5 pete
Saturday 18th August 2012, 20:42
top man paul what time you thinking of getting there for

t5 pete
Saturday 18th August 2012, 20:57
Nat/rich will we need tickets to enter the camp site or do we just give the people on the gate our user names or ???
Cheers

Pinup_gal
Saturday 18th August 2012, 21:05
You need your tickets. Don't worry Pete I'll get them to you to distribute :)

t5 pete
Saturday 18th August 2012, 21:15
cool if im getting all the tickets every one needs to meet there at the same time

Volvostorm
Saturday 18th August 2012, 21:39
Not 100% on the time, 5ish hopefully, as long as things go to plan of course!

t5 pete
Saturday 18th August 2012, 21:55
Thats good then paul any what times every one else coming??

Volvostorm
Saturday 18th August 2012, 22:08
No idea! Think I'm the first to ask! :P

t5 pete
Saturday 18th August 2012, 22:17
Come on then people whats your thoughts how does 5 sound?

Volvostorm
Saturday 18th August 2012, 22:18
You can't miss mine, it will be on a trailer!

The Flying Moose
Saturday 18th August 2012, 22:52
Pete, give me a buzz friday before Ill definately meet up and convoy down, I have a slab of smiths ready too! ;)

t5 pete
Saturday 18th August 2012, 22:58
top man emlyn

The Flying Moose
Saturday 18th August 2012, 23:04
top man emlyn

I know my priorities Pete... as it stands after practically killing the Volvo today on track who knows what ill turn up in but fingers crossed something sweedish.

Jamest5r
Saturday 18th August 2012, 23:35
Meet near Birmingham about 3ish ??

T5frankie
Sunday 19th August 2012, 00:32
I know my priorities Pete... as it stands after practically killing the Volvo today on track who knows what ill turn up in but fingers crossed something sweedish.

in something swedish like this?

http://dublinopinion.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/swedish-528-x-397.jpg

Jamest5r
Sunday 19th August 2012, 00:42

You promised them last year and i never seen them all i saw was spray tanned munters i want my money back :)

Bottom right for me nom nom :)

smithy
Sunday 19th August 2012, 01:41
Nice pics I will have all I have abit of an appetite lol

T5frankie
Sunday 19th August 2012, 08:51
Any of them for me, I don't mind lol, except the bald one lol

LeeT5
Sunday 19th August 2012, 10:23
Who said Cherwell at seven? Apparantly (at a recent meet) everyone was moaning that 8 was too late to meet at Cherwell. So i think it may be 7am now? It means i gotta leave my house at 0415, but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do!

For those not local to the area the Cherwell Valley services are on the M40/A43 junction and are accessible from both the north and the south. Any change since our phone conversation Steve?

MoleT-5R
Sunday 19th August 2012, 12:13

will have to check with her in doors, but I think that would be good, and we can convoy down and get a nice spot with room for all

smithy
Sunday 19th August 2012, 13:19
I go a different way to you peeps I come off at Banbury and I won't be getting there till 5 pm

Sharkey R
Sunday 19th August 2012, 14:08
Apparantly (at a recent meet) everyone was moaning that 8 was too late to meet at Cherwell. So i think it may be 7am now? It means i gotta leave my house at 0415, but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do!

Any change since our phone conversation Steve?

Not that I know of. Natalie are you likely to have the tickets in time for the Oxford meet? If so I could grab the ones for those going Sunday morning and giving them out at Cherwell Services at around 7am?

t5 pete
Sunday 19th August 2012, 14:53

Best we can do is watford gap services birmingham is way out of the way it is probley the best meeting point as well as its not too far from the camping park so how does that sound there at 4pm

shepbomb
Sunday 19th August 2012, 16:36
Pete, I will call you to see what is happening. Just got in from work, but will defo get to yours next weekend, been hellish here this week.

T5frankie
Sunday 19th August 2012, 16:52
Looks like my track time will be in an automatic lol, but which should I take 855r auto or s70 t5 auto gutted lol x

t5 pete
Sunday 19th August 2012, 16:53
no worries how does the time sound for you looks lie it should take 1.40mins for us to get there so roughly setting off from myne just after 2pm

smithy
Sunday 19th August 2012, 16:59
Looks like my track time will be in an automatic lol, but which should I take 855r auto or s70 t5 auto gutted lol x

You have catch my s40 lol

shepbomb
Sunday 19th August 2012, 17:28
2 sounds good to me pal, and you know me i just go with the flow..

Jamest5r
Sunday 19th August 2012, 17:31
Best we can do is watford gap services birmingham is way out of the way it is probley the best meeting point as well as its not too far from the camping park so how does that sound there at 4pm

Sounds like a half decent plan, you've got to meet me either way as ill have all the tickets :):)

smithy
Sunday 19th August 2012, 18:28
Best meet at the bp at the island on the a43 and easy and no one is out of the road same distance if you know what I mean init lol

MoleT-5R
Sunday 19th August 2012, 18:53
Best meet at the bp at the island on the a43 and easy and no one is out of the road same distance if you know what I mean init lol

sounds like the best plan

T5frankie
Sunday 19th August 2012, 19:10
You have catch my s40 lol

Don't think that will be a problem mate lol saw how fast you was last year lol

smithy
Sunday 19th August 2012, 19:18
Don't think that will be a problem mate lol saw how fast you was last year lol

We will see mate

T5frankie
Sunday 19th August 2012, 19:20
We will see mate
Really? You won't keep up with me for one second lol, lol lol

The Flying Moose
Sunday 19th August 2012, 19:23

Oh Jesus! Feck eye! Loverly...

You promised them last year and i never seen them all i saw was spray tanned munters i want my money back :)

Bottom right for me nom nom :)

She is nice, quite like the top right too... normally a brunette kind of person though but if the question should be asked by any (bar bald as frankie says) then YES!

no worries how does the time sound for you looks lie it should take 1.40mins for us to get there so roughly setting off from myne just after 2pm

Like that Idea Pete, ill meet up too.

claymore
Sunday 19th August 2012, 20:02
Not sure if I'll be on the track, just about killed the clutch today :)

Volvostorm
Sunday 19th August 2012, 21:38

A services would be better for me too, seeing as I will have a long vehicle!

As for the pictures, third from the left please :)

t5 pete
Sunday 19th August 2012, 23:00
Sounds like a half decent plan, you've got to meet me either way as ill have all the tickets :):)

Lol no one tells me owt last I knew I was having all the tickets

Pinup_gal
Monday 20th August 2012, 07:02
You are Pete, James is bringing them to you for me! Lol

Sharkey the answer is yes!

t5 pete
Monday 20th August 2012, 20:21
pmsl this is like chinese whispers but pass the parcel style

T5frankie
Monday 20th August 2012, 20:40
How do people get their tickets who are not camping?

Pinup_gal
Monday 20th August 2012, 21:01
We'll arrange a meeting place/time or they can be posted out if you prefer.
Post coming soon on the finer details.

LeeT5
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 02:25
As for the pictures, third from the left please :)

Beggars can't be choosers! :rotfl:

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 23rd August 2012, 18:02
Anyone got a tent they could loan?

claymore
Thursday 23rd August 2012, 18:13
Anyone got a tent they could loan?
I'v got a 6 man and a 1 man, which one do you want?

dtp
Thursday 23rd August 2012, 19:00
Would he fit in a one man tent

LeeT5
Thursday 23rd August 2012, 22:25
Would he fit in a one man tent

:hilarious

y2blade
Monday 27th August 2012, 18:51
Are we there yet?

:D

not long now

t5 pete
Monday 27th August 2012, 18:52
I woke up this mornign thinking it was time to get the car packed and set off down there lol must have been dreaming about it

shaun850
Monday 27th August 2012, 20:58
Don't suppose anybody has a spare stand pass? I was slow on the uptake :(

V70 Graham
Monday 27th August 2012, 22:11
Don't suppose anybody has a spare stand pass? I was slow on the uptake :(

PM Pinup_gal she may be able to help you out.

JT
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 10:58
Found this,not usefull at all !!! Lmao

Jamest5r
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 11:03
Last years plan??

JT
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 11:10
Last years plan??

No way????? Doh!!!! Lmao

Sharkey R
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 15:24
Ok so me, D5 Sophie and LeeT5 are meeting at Cherwell Services on Sunday morning around 7-7.15am, does anyone else travelling up on the sunday want to meet there and then drive up to the circuit in convoy?

V70 Graham
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 16:44
Just found out.....I have Sunday off now ! (handy that seeing as I've already got my tickets)

V70 Graham
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 16:45
Ok so me, D5 Sophie and LeeT5 are meeting at Cherwell Services on Sunday morning around 7-7.15am, does anyone else travelling up on the sunday want to meet there and then drive up to the circuit in convoy?

How fast lol

T5frankie
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 16:47
tickets came today thanks

Sharkey R
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 16:52
How fast lol

Well seeing as there is most likely going to be a police presence and the fact I'll have spent 5 day cleaning and polishing etc I'll be heading up at around your sort of pace. Dunno bout Sophie, she gets bored at anything under flat out lol.

t5 pete
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 16:53
Nat is munsters tickets sorted

V70 Graham
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 17:00
Well seeing as there is most likely going to be a police presence and the fact I'll have spent 5 day cleaning and polishing etc I'll be heading up at around your sort of pace. Dunno bout Sophie, she gets bored at anything under flat out lol.

Hahahaha care to put a figure on that lol

Sharkey R
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 17:02
Hahahaha care to put a figure on that lol

Well I reckon you average between 10 and 20% under the speed limit so how does 45/50 sound ;-p

V70 Graham
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 17:06
Well I reckon you average between 10 and 20% under the speed limit so how does 45/50 sound ;-p

Just right :redface:

Sharkey R
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 17:13
Just right :redface:

Just gotta convince Sophie that now lol.

y2blade
Thursday 30th August 2012, 15:23
oooooooooooo are we there yet?

V70 Graham
Thursday 30th August 2012, 15:50
oooooooooooo are we there yet?

Nope, only 3 more days though.....

y2blade
Thursday 30th August 2012, 23:39
:D I've been offered a day in an Aston Martin DB9 plus a tour of the factory, travelling up and back in the afore mentioned car. :D

I'm Sorry Guys and Girls I'll not be going to Trax.........but I will take a sh-tload of pics of my day to share with you all.
Have a good day on Sunday..I am genuinely gutted that I can't do both and be there, but this offer is too good to miss. :D

Have been a fan of Aston Martin since I was a child....if it was Ferrari or Lamborghini I'd have not bothered, HONESTLY... they do nothing for me at all.

:( sorry

Dangerous Dave
Friday 31st August 2012, 00:30
:D I've been offered a day in an Aston Martin DB9 plus a tour of the factory, travelling up and back in the afore mentioned car. :D

I'm Sorry Guys and Girls I'll not be going to Trax.........but I will take a sh-tload of pics of my day to share with you all.
Have a good day on Sunday..I am genuinely gutted that I can't do both and be there, but this offer is too good to miss. :D

Have been a fan of Aston Martin since I was a child....if it was Ferrari or Lamborghini I'd have not bothered, HONESTLY... they do nothing for me at all.

:( sorry
Jammy git ;)

Hope you have a fantastic day matey :)

Sharkey R
Friday 31st August 2012, 13:36
Have a great time mate. Maybe one day we will see your face again ;-p don't blame you though I would have struggled to resist the Aston lol.

V70 Graham
Friday 31st August 2012, 15:58
I don't know, blowing us out last week to go ride your bike and now missing TRAX to pose in an Aston.....have a great day mate :B_thumb:

smithy
Saturday 1st September 2012, 09:17
Today is the day see you all later lads and ladies ,and I have a chavvy exhaust on my 1.8vvt s40 so you might here me on the track as you lap me lol.you wish lol.

turbo-tuner
Saturday 1st September 2012, 09:21
Today is the day see you all later

Today is NOT the day!!! :) unless you're camping?

JT
Saturday 1st September 2012, 09:47
Today is the day see you all later lads and ladies ,and I have a chavvy exhaust on my 1.8vvt s40 so you might here me on the track as you lap me lol.you wish lol.

I wont hear that!!
not over my straight through 3" JT Tuning Stainless!!
plus I have a lack of sound proofing in my car!!! lol

Looking forward to it anyway! fingers crossed the new engine holds out for the day! :smirk:

smithy
Saturday 1st September 2012, 10:18
Today is NOT the day!!! :) unless you're camping?

I am camping mate and I'm on the track twice tomorrow .Are you coming down adam

smithy
Saturday 1st September 2012, 10:20
I wont hear that!!
not over my straight through 3" JT Tuning Stainless!!
plus I have a lack of sound proofing in my car!!! lol

Looking forward to it anyway! fingers crossed the new engine holds out for the day! :smirk:

Your exhaust will be quite until your turbo comes on ,mine is an n /a so you can here me on idle and from 3miles away lol.

JT
Saturday 1st September 2012, 10:24
Cool stuff! Can't wait to hear that
I'm hoping there is not a noise limit tomorrow??????

T5frankie
Saturday 1st September 2012, 10:43
Cool stuff! Can't wait to hear that
I'm hoping there is not a noise limit tomorrow??????

there is mate 102db's, i'm a bit worried too, my v70r was 102db's think the impreza may be louder

T5frankie
Saturday 1st September 2012, 10:45

oh dear lol, all noise and no go lol

turbo-tuner
Saturday 1st September 2012, 10:57
Are you coming down adam

Yes!

JT
Saturday 1st September 2012, 10:58
there is mate 102db's, i'm a bit worried too, my v70r was 102db's think the impreza may be louder

im not worried, mines 98db! :)
i was thinking more of Smithy.......

JT
Saturday 1st September 2012, 11:00
Yes!

cool! dont forget your laptop!!! lmao

oh and the stickers for the car! ;)

Sharkey R
Saturday 1st September 2012, 11:02
Have fun guys and we will see you all tomorrow. Fingers crossed the rain stays away tonight, just seen Sky Weather and there is a band of rain near the area tonight but might just miss you.

Martin R-DES
Saturday 1st September 2012, 18:54
Saw a couple of gold coloured Volvos together today but I turned off at Northampton, wondered if they are on here?

claymore
Saturday 1st September 2012, 20:45
If one was a V and the other an S, then yes theyr here

T5frankie
Saturday 1st September 2012, 20:47
If one was a V and the other an S, then yes theyr here

you all §§§§ed yet?

claymore
Saturday 1st September 2012, 20:50
Not yet, were all sat around a blazing fire chilling

p fandango
Saturday 1st September 2012, 20:58
your manifolds are all sorted & ready

claymore
Saturday 1st September 2012, 21:12
your manifolds are all sorted & ready

See you tomorrow

Pinup_gal
Saturday 1st September 2012, 21:21

How can you chill round a fire :P

Hope the rain holds off for you guys tonight

munster732
Saturday 1st September 2012, 21:59
Saw a couple of gold coloured Volvos together today but I turned off at Northampton, wondered if they are on here?

Yes mate, it was the pair of gay gold Barnsley members, T5 Pete and Munster on the way to Trax camping cum drinking session.
Was that you in the Volvo loaded to the back windows?

shaun850
Saturday 1st September 2012, 22:23
I will pop over and say hello, I'll be in a ZT190 as its cheaper on fuel and there's no point leaving the R in the car park :(. I'll be the big bloke with two kiddies in tow!

y2blade
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 06:48
Have a good day you lot.
Take a ton of pics for me please.

Pinup_gal
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 07:05
Pics will be taken enjoy your Aston Martin
Mate!!!!

Martin R-DES
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 17:28
Yes mate, it was the pair of gay gold Barnsley members, T5 Pete and Munster on the way to Trax camping cum drinking session.
Was that you in the Volvo loaded to the back windows?

Nah mate I know the one you mean but mine is a c30. I had Trax 2012 written on my back window tho so people knew I was on the way there. Hate looking at cars on the mway and wondering if they are going!

I had a wander through the Volvo club area today but it seemed weird to come over to your little shelter to randomly say "hi" so I scampered off haha

smithy
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 17:52
Had a great day at trax thankyou and my s40 was fun on the track too

t5 pete
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 17:56
Been a really good weekend will post piccys later on

dtp
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 18:07
I really enjoyed it from a spectators point of view ;)

munster732
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 18:14
Nah mate I know the one you mean but mine is a c30. I had Trax 2012 written on my back window tho so people knew I was on the way there. Hate looking at cars on the mway and wondering if they are going!

I had a wander through the Volvo club area today but it seemed weird to come over to your little shelter to randomly say "hi" so I scampered off haha

You should always come and say hi, we can talk garbage as good as anyone. I do remember seeing your motor, don't be shy next time, mite even be a Mini Egg in it for ya :-)

munster732
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 18:24
It was good to put faces to names at last, met some quite interesting if somewhat bizarre people lol
Big up to Wobbly Dave for all the tuning info, polishy stuff and being the forum Masterchef. Also thanks to T5pete and the lovely Donna for claiming squatters rights and ruining my planned air bed love-in with the new wife. And I thought Barnsley birds weren't shy!

smithy
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 18:36
I really enjoyed it from a spectators point of view ;)

it must of been funny seing me in my s40 then lol

Santa
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 19:23
Great day, thanks guys :)

Great to meet new faces as well as those I now know well :)

Martin R-DES
Monday 3rd September 2012, 00:04
You should always come and say hi, we can talk garbage as good as anyone. I do remember seeing your motor, don't be shy next time, mite even be a Mini Egg in it for ya :-)

Kinda wish I had now but hey ho. Hopefully I'll bring the car in next year with the club so will have to say hi then ;) I plan to get to some meets too so I should know ppl by then :D

Sharkey R
Monday 3rd September 2012, 11:49
Kinda wish I had now but hey ho. Hopefully I'll bring the car in next year with the club so will have to say hi then ;) I plan to get to some meets too so I should know ppl by then :D

Good good, will be nice to see a C30 there mate.

Pinup_gal
Monday 3rd September 2012, 12:30
After seeing the C30 with the sound system yesterday, I actually now want one..... the car that is although the system was tempting lol

Sharkey R
Monday 3rd September 2012, 12:32
After seeing the C30 with the sound system yesterday, I actually now want one..... the car that is although the system was tempting lol

Do it :-)

Pinup_gal
Monday 3rd September 2012, 12:42
Just have to sort a ramp for the mutt.....

Sharkey R
Monday 3rd September 2012, 12:45
Or a catapult? Sorry in that situation would it be a dogapult? Lol

M-R-P
Monday 3rd September 2012, 12:57
Kay-nine cannon? :D

Sharkey R
Monday 3rd September 2012, 12:59
Or get air ride suspension girl!, one button and she will drop to the deck, dog climbs aboard and off you go. Now that would be phaaaaaaat! Lol

Pinup_gal
Monday 3rd September 2012, 13:01
OMGZ Sharkey u is rite innit!!!

Or I could just buy a C30 that I like and then join the gym in order to build up enough strength to lift muttley in and out of the car :p

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 00:17
BBQ at the Volvo Corale was excellent - sorry if I was a bit whiny when we found a pitch on the side of a hill ;)

Love the noise Betsy made on the videos - good to make new friends & see old mates.

I was really impressed with the club turn out. I think camping should be compulsory! LOL

Martin R-DES
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 08:47

Iv got a picture of that car's sound system :)

Get one they are lush to drive - hugs the road just like you would expect a volvo to. Even when you take the stability control off I cant slide it.

I decided following TRAX im going to paint my callipers orange (to go with the sticker colour i use). Hopefully it will look good :/

LeeT5
Monday 10th September 2012, 02:02
right then! Whats happened to all the 400 photos that Chads mate took? When are they gonna be posted?

Nealevo
Monday 10th September 2012, 07:39
right then! Whats happened to all the 400 photos that Chads mate took? When are they gonna be posted?

They are on the other Trax post started by MRP look for the VPCUK link!!!

LeeT5
Monday 10th September 2012, 20:32
They are on the other Trax post started by MRP look for the VPCUK link!!!

Sorry mate, i must be thick but i can't find the VPCUK link to the photos anywhere!!! There isn't even a TRAX post started by MRP, not that i can find.

Harvey
Monday 10th September 2012, 20:36
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?46391-Trax-Pictures-Stories-and-Videos-here-please

Santa
Monday 10th September 2012, 20:44

His names Camera Boy.....I mean Churni :-p