PDA

View Full Version : 16T Boost pressure ?

Aydenapp
Friday 15th June 2012, 18:33
Swapped the 15g for a 16T on the car today. Just wondering what pressure it should peak at ? Mine seems to peak about 10-11psi at the moment.

It has a Rica/HLM 304, white injectors and running a MBC at the moment with a blanking plate.

I was running about 17psi peaking at 18psi with the 15G, i can only assume i have a leak somewhere.... lol !

T5frankie
Friday 15th June 2012, 18:35
it should be boosting the same, did you swap actuators or is it the same one?

Aydenapp
Friday 15th June 2012, 18:40
it should be boosting the same, did you swap actuators or is it the same one?

The actuator was taken off the 16T a month back and fitted to the 15G and then put back on the 16T today so yeah its the same one....

I do need to change some of the small bore pipes from the actuator and turbo as mine were a bit iffy, will change these and see if it makes any difference !

T5frankie
Friday 15th June 2012, 18:42
it wont be the turbo itself, got through each pipe one by one check for leaks/splits, did you put the mbc back on the right way round?

Aydenapp
Friday 15th June 2012, 18:43
it wont be the turbo itself, got through each pipe one by one check for leaks/splits, did you put the mbc back on the right way round?

Thats the plan !!

Can the MBC go on the wrong way round ? lol i didnt mark which way they went, it only has 2 nipples on it...

T5frankie
Friday 15th June 2012, 18:54
Thats the plan !!

Can the MBC go on the wrong way round ? lol i didnt mark which way they went, it only has 2 nipples on it...

exactly so 50% chance of putting it on wrong lol

Aydenapp
Friday 15th June 2012, 19:01
exactly so 50% chance of putting it on wrong lol

lol, it was definately on the right way round, just turned it round and went for a drive, pretty much zero boost !!

Will go through all the pipes tomorrow, gonna let it have a rest for the night ha ! Cheers !!

Wally Dog
Sunday 17th June 2012, 18:19
saw you earlier so can only assume that u sorted it...

Aydenapp
Sunday 17th June 2012, 20:38
saw you earlier so can only assume that u sorted it...

Not yet matey, still driveable just lacking PSI's lol!!

Wally Dog
Tuesday 19th June 2012, 13:27
This would be a good time to offer you out for a race then - at Goodwood of course!! If you need anything, my scrapper is being pulled apart as we speak - will be gone by the end of the month tho - hoses, clips, manifold, etc there if you need them.

oblark
Tuesday 19th June 2012, 13:59
This would be a good time to offer you out for a race then - at Goodwood of course!! If you need anything, my scrapper is being pulled apart as we speak - will be gone by the end of the month tho - hoses, clips, manifold, etc there if you need them.

Hi, what colour are the door cards ? I'm after the driver's door catch.