PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 mile day 2nd october (not the 1st)

spesh
Monday 19th September 2005, 18:45
there is a 1/4 mile day which I will be attendin on the 1st of october at Avon park, I understand it is a bit late to post up but if anyone is interested and can make it, post away!!!

Justin
Monday 19th September 2005, 20:37
I'll be there mate :)

Vikingxl
Monday 19th September 2005, 21:55
Will try to make it as i cant wait to see the car go.

Redbrick
Monday 19th September 2005, 22:04
Working :(

Someone get in on video and post it, please :)

Andy

siamblue
Monday 19th September 2005, 22:18
I am game as i only managed a 14.9 last time with crap fuel and the wrong tyres, Just have to confirm it with the missus now lol.

Mrsvikingt5
Monday 19th September 2005, 23:05
Will try to make it as i cant wait to see the car go.
Will you?

Wobbly Dave
Monday 19th September 2005, 23:36
Will you?
Hell hath no fury etc etc

I on the other hand have no such trouble. Will certainly be there!

Battle of the 19Ts!! Bring it on boyo!

John Ret.
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 00:32
Avon Park..... North, South, Middle?

:)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 00:52
Just slightly south of Stratford Upon Avon. Jnc 15 of the M40.

see here
http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.com/map/

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 10:52
God damn it Spesh cant you choose another weekend I am supposed to be playing happy families with the outlaws that weekend

*sulks*

x

madness
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 14:26
i am working, sorry guys.

steveT5
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 14:45
I will Attend,
After a slightly dissapointing 15.7 with my car standard, I have done a few cheap mod's, mbc, itg filter, drilled air box and so on. it will be interesting to see the difference. Do you think i am being a little optomistic to expect to lose about a second off my time ? the car feels so much quicker.

DONKEYT5
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 14:45
go for it buddy! i will be there all bein well!

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 14:57
I will Attend,
After a slightly dissapointing 15.7 with my car standard, I have done a few cheap mod's, mbc, itg filter, drilled air box and so on. it will be interesting to see the difference. Do you think i am being a little optomistic to expect to lose about a second off my time ? the car feels so much quicker.
Alot depends on the big nut behind the steering wheel - if this is not well adjusted then times will not be as good as you might expect - LOL :haha:

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 15:02
I will Attend,

I'd expect to see you around 15.0 dead - 15.2 but a lot depends on how well you can execute the 1/4 mile.

x

steveT5
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 15:15
LOL, The big nut behind the steering wheel tends to be a bit rusty,
also with me having go-cart transmission the wheels would not spin last time, but now they do.
Let's face it guys and gal's i'm looking at 16's
:slap:

Ross9
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 15:28
All depends on how good/bad the driving was on the 15.7 if you get what I mean.

Mods could save you half a second, maybe more in the 15's, the tenths get harder as the times get lower, the rest will come from better starts (go kart transmission means you cant really alter the shift points tc I guess, so less you can change there)

I think Mrs M has made a good estimate. What was your 60ft and terminal speed on the 15.7?

Ross

steveT5
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 15:33
Thanks Ross.
Really can't remember the 60ft times/speeds. I had the tickets lying around, but it was back in april, and i cant find them mate.
Terminal speeds around 97mph

spesh
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 15:35
I will Attend,
After a slightly dissapointing 15.7 with my car standard, I have done a few cheap mod's, mbc, itg filter, drilled air box and so on. it will be interesting to see the difference. Do you think i am being a little optomistic to expect to lose about a second off my time ? the car feels so much quicker.Give me the car I will get it into the 14 sec bracket for you, lol,
Dont blame me moppy and as u say YOUR SUPPOSED to be with the outlaws, lol

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 15:43
Dont blame me moppy and as u say YOUR SUPPOSED to be with the outlaws, lol

I have got some serious work to do to get a day ealse to Avon that weekend.......But I cant miss this event......

x

Al115
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 17:02
What's the difference between Inlaws and Outlaws?

People are pleased when they catch up with the Outlaws. :hilarious

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 17:06
and you thought I was bad?

andy l
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 17:12
do you know the cost of the day,can you just pay on the day

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 17:28
do you know the cost of the day,can you just pay on the day

A tenner to get in and £15 quid to run as many times as you like. All pay on the day

x

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 17:29
What's the difference between Inlaws and Outlaws?

People are pleased when they catch up with the Outlaws. :hilarious

LMSO!

In the wildwest the may have been pleased..........

x

JUDGENINJA
Friday 23rd September 2005, 21:09
All depends on how good/bad the driving was on the 15.7 if you get what I mean.

Mods could save you half a second, maybe more in the 15's, the tenths get harder as the times get lower, the rest will come from better starts (go kart transmission means you cant really alter the shift points tc I guess, so less you can change there)

I think Mrs M has made a good estimate. What was your 60ft and terminal speed on the 15.7?

Ross

My standard T5 did 1/4 in 15.27 - it was late in the day and I'd had loads of goes and just going round and round to the front of the queue......

I too have now played so it'll be quite interesting to find out....

madness
Saturday 24th September 2005, 10:36
removing the stickers might save you some time.

scooby555
Tuesday 27th September 2005, 14:21
i went to that last one down there in me subaru good track and u get more runs than santa pod. but i did think it was only on this sunday for jap racer day and have looked on www.shakespearecountyraceway.com and can not see a bit about the sat ?

V8guitar
Tuesday 27th September 2005, 17:32
Alot depends on the big nut behind the steering wheel - if this is not well adjusted then times will not be as good as you might expect - LOL :haha:

Then he will reduce his time....I can vouch for his driving as I was nearly in tears round the ring when he was driving!!

Really fed up, cos I can't make it ( got to go looking at bathroom stuff!!).

Vikingxl
Tuesday 27th September 2005, 17:51
Looks like i wont be there i have to drop somebody at the airport in the morning and then help somebody move house in the afternoon.Maybe next time lets see some video and pictures though.Good luck Spesh.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 27th September 2005, 17:54
I cant go either :bricks: I'm down south this weekend and am not allowed to play out in the midlands ...... Unless of course i am really ill on Friday night and make a miraculous recovery on Saturday morning ;)

x

Vikingxl
Tuesday 27th September 2005, 17:55
I cant go either :bricks: I'm down south this weekend and am not allowed to play out in the midlands ...... Unless of course i am really ill on Friday night and make a miraculous recovery on Saturday morning ;)

x
Sounds like a plan to me!