PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp Wiper Arms Resprayed!

JamesT5
Monday 11th June 2012, 17:17
Hi

I just thought I'd post some pictures of my newly resprayed headlamp wiper arms. The respray isn't absolutely 100% perfect but compared to how tierd and rusty they looked before, it's an ok job. I've put up a pre-respray photo too....

Basic flatten off ready for some paint.......

Some shots of the resprayed arms reattached to the car (excuse all the dead moths).....

I just used a can of black gloss and just kept applying layer after layer, then a quick flatten off before another couple of coats of gloss black. Job done!

Regards

James

M-R-P
Monday 11th June 2012, 17:23
Nice work. Freshens it all up nicely.

Must go do mine now lol ;)

JamesT5
Monday 11th June 2012, 17:45
Nice work. Freshens it all up nicely.

Must go do mine now lol ;)

Yeah, well it does bring the front end of the car up slightly and makes it look a little less 'tierd'.

I used some wet and dry paper (1200 grit) to flatten it off and smooth any runs. Then just get some gloss black from the car shop and your away.

Only other thing I would advise is to try and use a degreaser before painting as it will help the new paint stick better by removing surface grease and contaminants.

If you want to wind Mrs MRP up and 'make her go nuclear', make sure you close all the windows in the house and spray the wiper arms in the lounge. If not, use in a well ventilated area. :biggrin:

Regards

James

pompeyphil
Monday 11th June 2012, 17:49
you have far to much time on your hands

JamesT5
Monday 11th June 2012, 17:55
you have far to much time on your hands

Far too much time and far too much paint. :)

JamesT5
Monday 11th June 2012, 17:57
If I'm honest with you, I'm just trying to keep up with MRP's reconditioning efforts. :beer: :biggrin:

V70 Graham
Monday 11th June 2012, 18:03
They do look 10x better, good job ya done there.

Harvey
Monday 11th June 2012, 18:49
Thats just one of those nice little jobs no hassle but it looks great once it done, well done.