PDA

View Full Version : bcs help 2

T5frankie
Sunday 10th June 2012, 21:03
After taking my v70r bcs off and fitted the 850 one i was no longer getting the boost pulsing but it wasnt boosting to where it should have been following this diagram

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/E89FF214-orig.jpg

i then switched the turbo and actuator pipes around and it went how it should and actually burst a silicone hose, the one out the top of the turbo

is the diagram correct cos it wasnt boosting right doing it that way round?

claymore
Sunday 10th June 2012, 21:05
i read somewhere else that the diagram was the wrong way round

Kingsford G
Sunday 10th June 2012, 23:39
I can`t remember to 100% but when I took mbc off my 850 and went for bcs couldn`t remember the piping and seen that diagram but did it wrong way round and was good.

Dan850r
Monday 11th June 2012, 08:13
On my diagram the red pipe on the bcs goes to the compressor, the yellow pipe to actuator and blue to airpipe, there should be coloured dots on the bcs

Ignore the colours on that diagram above

Dangerous Dave
Monday 11th June 2012, 09:25
I refitted mine as per that diagram, but it didn't work right. The bcs in the diagram is upside down (its a bit vague anyway, if it doesn't work you just need to swap over the yellow and green pipes, and ignore the colours as Dan says.

960kg
Monday 11th June 2012, 10:18
After taking my v70r bcs off and fitted the 850 one i was no longer getting the boost pulsing but it wasnt boosting to where it should have been following this diagram

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/E89FF214-orig.jpg

i then switched the turbo and actuator pipes around and it went how it should and actually burst a silicone hose, the one out the top of the turbo

is the diagram correct cos it wasnt boosting right doing it that way round?

So many owners won`t buy a new TCV, BCS, they nearly always just use an old one because of the price. After my remap the car was going ok apart from the boost not quite being steady, it was like it was spiking, so i just replaced my TCV with a new one and hey presto it solved it all. I also bought the proper Volvo hose and threw away the blue silicone crap hoses, they are not reliable where you really need the reliability otherwise bang like what happened to Mitch`s T4 an old hose ruptured and boost went to 30psi luckily only a blown head gasket as his motor is forged.

Something must be wrong on yours to blow a hose!!! as it shoudn`t.

You must also have the proper part numbered TCV for your motor as they are set differently although ultimately the ECU says what is what. On the T4 the TCV has a different part number to the T3,

The later V70 TCV supercedes the 850 one anyhow for the B5234T3

Vadis is not perfect but what pictures are not perfect and what are ok?
Vadis is only a guide just like Haynes.

In the pics one is the later type but the early one the spigots are of different lengths so you can see where each pipe goes to which spigot, ignore the coloured hose on the other drawing.

This may help you or it may not!