PDA

View Full Version : Which C30?

MoleT-5R
Sunday 10th June 2012, 20:21
Looking around at the moment to possibly adding a C30 diesel to our Volvo fleet, and was just wondering how good they are and how reliable it would be, compared to the 850 and V70 we currently have? And lastly which of the dirty diesels is the best to have and why? many thanks. Adrian

t5_monkey
Sunday 10th June 2012, 22:15
they have minor niggles like wheel bearings - but esentially sound a lot better than some of the old skool crowd make out!

front oil filled bushes wear quickly, some DMF and DPF issues with the 2.0D

Best diesel - depends on what you're looking for - but avoid the edrive 8valve 1.6d (wierd tune and setup to get the emissions down - running 30 odd psi!)

D5 will be fast but not that frugal - I've been in a 2.0D and it was perfectly OK for regular driving.

Blackdog
Sunday 10th June 2012, 23:13
Had a D3 as a courtesy car.

Did not want to give it back.

Enough said....... Buggrr if they only had 5 doors.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 10th June 2012, 23:16
D3 or the earlier 4 pot 2.0 litre french diesel are perfectly good

pompeyphil
Sunday 10th June 2012, 23:56
Only diesel I think I'd consider buying would be a tuned d5, I just like a bit of power

Santa
Monday 11th June 2012, 06:55
I suppose if your looking for maximum economy then the 1.6D but the D3 is a nice engine...............for a diesel.

lance
Monday 11th June 2012, 10:57
I have the v5o t5 and have been delighted with it and if driven sensibly at the legal speed limits on the motorway 40 mpg is achievable the 6 speed box helps this. Even in everyday driving I would say its 3- 5 mpg better than my earlier T5 variants that I have owned. So have your cake and eat it get a c30 t5 tune it and I reckon it could be your favourite Volvo!

Jimmie
Monday 11th June 2012, 11:34
Driven a few volvo edrive 1.6 diesels and found them good at what they do.
You can't compare it with a 2.5/3.0 ltr engine though.;)

lance
Monday 11th June 2012, 14:21
I've driven a v50 1.6d and have to say I wouldnt buy one the economy was worse than a vag 1.9 tdi in an Octavia and slower and economy was no better than a 2004 s60 d5

Jimmie
Monday 11th June 2012, 14:46
I've driven a v50 1.6d and have to say I wouldnt buy one the economy was worse than a vag 1.9 tdi in an Octavia and slower and economy was no better than a 2004 s60 d5

You should try a Yaris for economy if you thought a Volvo was bad.
They use more fuel because they are lower in the co2 department.
You work out why ,is it to save the planet?
The Volvos that i have driven have been good on fuel economy urban and normal driving.
I would buy one if i wanted a volvo.A guy i know has a V60 is is impressed with it.
An Octavia is supposed to be good on fuel and performance .You therefore pays your monies and takes your chance as they say on anything you buy.

glynroberts
Thursday 14th June 2012, 22:27
D5 all the way. I'm in your part of the world, i know the road conditions !
180 bhp is possibly not enough for me. So i am looking at a remap myself.
Fuel consumption low 40 ish. This is fine by me, I drove a civic type-r for six years before i bought the c30, so i think mpg is superb

MoleT-5R
Thursday 14th June 2012, 22:49
D5 all the way. I'm in your part of the world, i know the road conditions !
180 bhp is possibly not enough for me. So i am looking at a remap myself.
Fuel consumption low 40 ish. This is fine by me, I drove a civic type-r for six years before i bought the c30, so i think mpg is superb

Its for the mrs and economy is paramount, as we're not getting rid of her car, so if she needs an adrenalin rush she can get the V70 Awd out of the garage and go for a blast or even drive my T-5R for the first time if she dares

glynroberts
Friday 15th June 2012, 22:20
Not a D5 then ;)