PDA

View Full Version : how do you remove the ignition barrell??

theflyingbrick
Saturday 9th June 2012, 22:30
my 850 has a worn ignition barrell i have to turn the key back ever so slightly otherwise the abs light comes on and my indicators dont work!! so how do i take it out??

thanks.

p fandango
Saturday 9th June 2012, 22:32
isn't it normally the switch mechanism on the back, no the barrel that causes that?

theflyingbrick
Saturday 9th June 2012, 22:43
well i took the black box of earlier and started her up with a screwdriver and it was spot on,but when i put it all back together the problems there but like i said if you turn the key back literally with the weight of your finger its fine so i just thought it was the barrel itself but when i was looking at it i couldnt figure out how to take it off,i dont want to break it!!

LeeT5
Saturday 9th June 2012, 23:07
To get the ignition barrel out requires brute force and ignorance. You gotta drill out the shear pins and then punch 'em out.

Its a sod of a job.

LeeT5
Saturday 9th June 2012, 23:08
isn't it normally the switch mechanism on the back, no the barrel that causes that?

Nope, it's the barrel. When they are worn they cause excess travel and the switch then does not go in the right place.

theflyingbrick
Saturday 9th June 2012, 23:14
To get the ignition barrel out requires brute force and ignorance. You gotta drill out the shear pins and then punch 'em out.

Its a sod of a job.

cheers mate,so a big hammer and a srewdriver it is then,bloody hell i was hoping for a quick pop out and pop in job oh well :(

LeeT5
Saturday 9th June 2012, 23:39
cheers mate,so a big hammer and a srewdriver it is then,bloody hell i was hoping for a quick pop out and pop in job oh well :(

Have a look first. You can see the shear pins. Think i saw a master tech using a small grinder too!