PDA

View Full Version : RAF Marham Track Weekend - NORFOLK

georgeydee
Friday 8th June 2012, 15:47
Hello all. Long time no see:)

After last years busy period at RAF Marham I'm trying to drum up some interest in our charity track weekend.

Last year we had to cancel our events and as such, the charities that rely on the money have gone without.

We're hoping the next event planned for August 18th/19th will be fully booked up:)

As a thank you for sticking with us, we've discounted the event so now it only costs £50 for car and first driver for the whole day! It's only an extra tenner per passenger/driver and they come free on the second day if you book the whole weekend!

We're also going to flip the track round at lunchtime on both days so you effectively get 2 tracks for the price of 1. You'll get loads of time out on track and we often get comments about how many laps you get for very little money.

On the Saturday we've booked a mobile rolling road so you can compare power with your mates or just for your own info.

We've also booked a tyre fitter for both days so no need to bring rims - just bring rubber or you can order some new boots for the drive home afterwards.

Hope you can come and if you want to book then you can do that at - www.marhamtrackday.co.uk

Cheers

George

T5RPete
Friday 8th June 2012, 16:01
Yeah, i'll be there on the Sunday as I finish nights on the saturday morning.

I'll book in a bit, once I know if my mate wants to go as a 2nd driver.

getcarter1972
Friday 8th June 2012, 16:15
might be interested if my car is up for it and funds allow. wouldnt mind doing a few quarter miles before i do my major mods! how does a track day work then and wot do i need?

T5RPete
Friday 8th June 2012, 16:30
might be interested if my car is up for it and funds allow. wouldnt mind doing a few quarter miles before i do my major mods! how does a track day work then and wot do i need?

Firstly to get onto the base you'll need photo ID.

Then based on my Cadwell Park experience you'll need driving licence, a helmet and lots of petrol :)

I'm sure the organisers will be on to give you the full list!

d2k
Friday 8th June 2012, 16:38
love to take my car to a track.......:D

would it be a real crap experience bog standard though..??, are there certain things that MUST be modded in order to get through the day & home in my daily drive T5..?? (tyres / brakes / suspension ), do most ppl just destroy the set of tyres / brakes they go up there on..??

WHITE999-T5
Friday 8th June 2012, 16:46
As long as you have a car that is taxed, mot'd and insured to get you there and back, you need photographic id when you arrive after going through the booking process via a nominated person.
You need a enclosed helmet, what you ride a motorbike with, big balls and a heavy right fot really.
Pay attention to the briefs in the morning and just enjoy yourself.

T5RPete
Friday 8th June 2012, 16:52
I've just registered for it. Really quite exited!

Georgeydee, is there a track map available at all?

WHITE999-T5
Friday 8th June 2012, 16:55
Reference performance upgrades, it is down to what you want out of your car, if you have a modified car then, i guess, you will beat a standard motor.
If you go through a set of tyres then that is down to you giving it the beans too much!
Brakes can be standard, as long as they work so you stop when you should!
Have fun, see who you can embarrise over the weekend and get your car so batting with it all being legal and no worry of Gatso's!!!

d2k
Friday 8th June 2012, 17:04
... it would be immense!!

i know my cars quick but compared to a mapped T5 running a 19T & supporting mods its probably gonna get blown off the track... (wouldnt mind a ride in one though) :cool:.... 'Frankie, you gotta take me for a spin'...?? lol :yikes:

getcarter1972
Friday 8th June 2012, 17:19
f**k it - just signed up :) - looks like a load of fun. and as for the car being up for it - i will find out on the day.

now i have to go and find my grandads p*ss pot leather aviation helmet and goggles, white scarf and groom my moustache into a mahoosive walrus style!

or do i dress as the stig - only a LOT shorter and rounder.

hmmm. decisions.

T5RPete
Friday 8th June 2012, 17:29
Nice one!

I need to source a helmet now...

The Flying Moose
Friday 8th June 2012, 18:15
Hello Mr D... all you need to do now is buy another Volvo!

Admit it the 3 Series just isnt the same... ;)

WHITE999-T5
Friday 8th June 2012, 18:36
No but its not an AUDI, as that is now the foreword for TWONK!

georgeydee
Saturday 9th June 2012, 14:30
Thanks all for your support.

If you email us once you've paid using the email facility on the website then my website guru will fire a map your way :)

With our event you do spend alot of time on track (if you want) so do bring a full tank. You can re-fill at anytime during the day/s. the nearest petrol station is 7 miles away on the and the station 10 miles away on the A47 sells super unleaded :) and gas.

You will need Photo ID a Helmet and a fire extinguisher (£10 at Halfords)

The BM aint no Volvo but I got so §§§§ed off with my last D5 I walked away from Volvo

I do miss my 850R though! Absolutely turn key reliable even with the map!

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 9th June 2012, 14:46
How's it filling up? I want to come, but can't commit yet.

T5RPete
Saturday 9th June 2012, 15:23
How's it filling up? I want to come, but can't commit yet.

I hope you can make it, should be a good day! Fingers crossed for the weather!

The Flying Moose
Monday 13th August 2012, 22:16
Bump...

Come on folks its for charity, see if we can boost the Volvo numbers!

http://www.marhamtrackday.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/MAR_07_0441_OUT_UNCLASS_321.jpg

http://www.marhamtrackday.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/MAR_06_0463_OUT_UNCLASS_198.jpg

woody
Tuesday 14th August 2012, 09:07
I'm on duty GEF senior this weekend so no doubt my lads will be disconnecting the runway arresting cables, to enable your fun to commence! My Ovlov is in having its hailstone damage repaired at the mo so I'll pop up in the V6 Clio. She won't be in action as I can't afford to break her! ;-)

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 15th August 2012, 23:44
The more the merrier... Ill be hovering around prettending to look important somewhere in an Ambulance or near the Burger Van!

T5RPete
Saturday 18th August 2012, 09:43
So i've seen some pretty tasty cars already this morning. And i could have sworn I saw a DB7 in Aston racing colours earlier. I'll pop up in a bit and have a look.

On a side note, it's bloomin hot here already today!

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n444/petert07/temp.jpg

woody
Saturday 18th August 2012, 20:45
Grand day I thought. Thought I'd come along and appreciate some nice cars and perhaps put some money in a bucket. However I wasn't allowed to spectate due to insurance purposes! Oh well, I took my money elsewhere!

Hope all went well.

The Flying Moose
Saturday 18th August 2012, 22:50
Sorry Woody, I dont think I was on the gate but heard of a Clio V6 trying to get in.

Its a shame its the way but come as may. If your about Sunday then give me a shout and we'll see what we can do.

You would have missed me hammering the V70 around the track too then outcornering Vectra VXR's!