PDA

View Full Version : Pre gapped Spark Plug suggestions

JamesT5
Wednesday 6th June 2012, 23:03
Hi

Can anyone recommend any specific pre gapped spark plugs for a 2001 V70 T5? I've been looking on ebay and found some genuine Volvo ones but are they pre gapped or will I still need a feeler guage? Also, where can I get the gap specifications for univeral spark plugs incase I can't find any pre gapped ones?

Regards

James

bubba_1986
Wednesday 6th June 2012, 23:07
Buy the gen one's mate. I always do and never use a feeler gauge. Then it is also easier to rule out problems, since the official less chance of something going wrong ???

I know that isnt 100% the case, just trying to make it easier for u to rule things out

Rhys
Wednesday 6th June 2012, 23:19
Genuine ones come in packs of 5 as well, I've got some sat in my hallway I was going to put in the 850 (if they are the same ones for the V70, which they should be, then they'll come in useful when it needs some more)

JamesT5
Wednesday 6th June 2012, 23:56
I'm going to buy genuine ones then but not from the main stealer, I'll shop around on ebay and get them on there.

merc85
Thursday 7th June 2012, 00:00
t5 plugs are platnium plugs cant be gapped, they are pre gapped and shouldnt be adapted.

LeeT5
Thursday 7th June 2012, 14:57
t5 plugs are platnium plugs cant be gapped, they are pre gapped and shouldnt be adapted.

I only buy oe.

I do believe the plugs are actually iridium not platinum, hense why they can do 50k between changes. I might be wrong thou. As said, the gap is preset in the factory so do not adjust.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 7th June 2012, 15:21
I have a set of NGK BKR7EVX plugs you can have. BKR7EVX was one of the first plug makes I learned back in 2004 - still an excellent plug for T5.

JamesT5
Thursday 7th June 2012, 23:31
I have a set of NGK BKR7EVX plugs you can have. BKR7EVX was one of the first plug makes I learned back in 2004 - still an excellent plug for T5.

Thanks Dave although I've decided to opt for new genuine Volvo ones.

Regards

James