PDA

View Full Version : v70 handles problem

T5frankie
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:13
How do you get around the lock problem when fitting v70 handles to an 850? at the moment i cant get in my car with the key only the remote as the pins are different lengths and shapes (oo-er)

Tomcat
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:19
I never bothered with the divers lock tbh, I always figured that if the fob failed I could get in through the tailgate, that said Id be interested in finding out.

T5frankie
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:41
I never bothered with the divers lock tbh, I always figured that if the fob failed I could get in through the tailgate, that said Id be interested in finding out.

good idea mate my last v70 didn't have a key hole in the tail gate just a blank thought they were all like that but just checked and i have a key hole lol. still would like to do a proper job though

Tomcat
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:46
Suppose you could get a key cut to the lock but then you'd have to have two keys

Dangerous Dave
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:50
You can modify the stem off the back of the 850 lock to fit the x70 lock, but you have to grind the base down to fit. Think someone ground down the x70 one to make it fit the 850 door mech. Another way is to fit x70 door mech.

T5frankie
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:56
Suppose you could get a key cut to the lock but then you'd have to have two keys

its getting a v70 lock to fit an 850 internals thats the problem

T5frankie
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:57
You can modify the stem off the back of the 850 lock to fit the x70 lock, but you have to grind the base down to fit. Think someone ground down the x70 one to make it fit the 850 door mech. Another way is to fit x70 door mech.

but one is straight the other curved

Tomcat
Monday 4th June 2012, 21:07
Pretty sure the stem on the back of the lock is removable, think I did it but tbh it's been a few years and I can't be certain.

T5frankie
Monday 4th June 2012, 21:09
Pretty sure the stem on the back of the lock is removable, think I did it but tbh it's been a few years and I can't be certain.

yeah in the sense it snaps off lol thats what mine did i tried to fit the snaped bit off to the other lock with chemical metal, didnt work lol

Tomcat
Monday 4th June 2012, 21:16
:doh: Doh!!!, isn't it held in place with a circlip?

T5frankie
Monday 4th June 2012, 21:39
:doh: Doh!!!, isn't it held in place with a circlip?

it is in one but not the other

martybelfastt5
Monday 4th June 2012, 22:12
frank have spare rear 70 handle il sticlk it in with the other,,will sort that too next few days,,lol been busy.. drinking ..jet ski ..caravan ect ect making the best of this weather lol

Dangerous Dave
Monday 4th June 2012, 23:45
Yeah, the metal bits in the locks aren't very strong (broke mine too)

I'll see if I have any pics of what I did with mine, its hard to explain really.