PDA

View Full Version : T5? Stick this up your R's

stephenevans99
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:12
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20S60%20D5%202004/Image005.jpg

Filled my D5 up at my local Shell in Singleton and then drove to the Trafford Centre in Manchester, the photo shows the range AFTER the 50 mile trip. It's amazing the range on these things if you stick to 65-70mph on the motorway.

Might try 56mph with the door mirrors folded in next time !!

p fandango
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:15
poor effort

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/Bonny/photo0200p.jpg

M-R-P
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:16
well, before Pedro jumps in with his Pic of 1000 + miles to an empty tank, let me ask you...
Have you managed to hit 143mph in 4th yet?

;)

D5 is very, very good but it aint T5 and this is, after all, the Volvo PERFORMANCE club :D

Well done dude but you wouldn't pull my keys from my hand with 10000 miles to a tank :)

M-R-P
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:16
poor effort

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/Bonny/photo0200p.jpg

Dammit!!!!!

daza-b
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:19
Dammit!!!!!

lmfao!!

stephenevans99
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:28
D5 is very, very good but it aint T5 and this is, after all, the Volvo PERFORMANCE club :D

Well done dude but you wouldn't pull my keys from my hand with 10000 miles to a tank :)

D5's are the new garlic bread....and you know it ;)

p fandango
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:28
well, before Pedro jumps in with his Pic of 1000 + miles to an empty tank
oh bless, your T-5 might be quicker (than my D5) but your keyboard ain't lmfao

stephenevans99
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:30

Door mirrors folded, bonnet and wings tapped up, air filter removed, flattest road in the land with a 40mph tail wind........I will beat that !!!

daza-b
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:30
Door mirrors folded, bonnet and wings tapped up, air filter removed, flattest road in the land with a 40mph tail wind........I will beat that !!!

:rotfl:

LiamT4
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:35
I could have done the york trip and back on a 1/4 of a tank with one of those......................... i think i'd have struggled to keep up with the rest of the convoy though. lol

They'd have had to keep stopping so you could catch up. pmsl

p fandango
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:36
not with a Euro 4 i bet you won't lol

stephenevans99
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:43
not with a Euro 4 i bet you won't lol

Mines a Euro 3 :B_thumb:

They'd have had to keep stopping so you could catch up. pmsl

Don't flatter yourself. There's not THAT much difference in performance between a D5 and a T5 !!

:hidesbehi lol

LiamT4
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:50
Mines a Euro 3 :B_thumb:

Don't flatter yourself. There's not THAT much difference in performance between a D5 and a T5 !!

:hidesbehi lol

:wink: lol

Redbrick
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:56
Trust me the computer lies, mine will consistently over read by 100 miles.

It assures me I'm getting 43 yet working it out I'm getting 38.5 which considering it's mapped and I drive 'quickly' isn't that bad IMHO. Far better economy than before it was mapped; computer would calculate 37.5.

p fandango
Monday 4th June 2012, 20:58
Trust me the computer lies, mine will consistently over read by 100 miles
i've ran out of fuel twice now with the trip computer still saying over 100miles to empty lol

t5_monkey
Monday 4th June 2012, 21:03
I'd take 150 miles that makes me feel like this:

http://greenobles.com/data_images/hellyeah/hellyeah-03.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y346/Mahoshonen/Red%20Harvest/HELL-YEAH.jpg

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0908/epic-awesome-epic-awesome-what-demotivational-poster-1249981789.jpg

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/82/37/72083782/photos/imajenes-lol/epic_awesome_face_by_edpendragon.jpg

Thank 15,000 miles like this:

http://www.grainfarmer.com/imageHQ1.JPG

stephenevans99
Monday 4th June 2012, 21:19
But imagine all the money you could save by driving a D5, all that ca$h to frivolously spend in the chav basket at halfrauds.

I love my D5......tomorrow I'm gonna wear my wellys & flat cap and drive my John Deere with pride !!

Screw you octane addicts - I'll trundle pass you all....................eventually!!

M-R-P
Monday 4th June 2012, 22:13
This thread has turned out to be one of the best I've seen for ages pmsl.

"i drove me tractor through yer haystack last night,"
Ooh-aaar, Ooh-aaar
"Oi threw my pitchfork at yer dog to keep quiet,"
Ooh-aaar, ooh-aar
"now somethin's tellin me, that you'm more eye than me,"
"c'mon, now darlin' you got somethin oi need..."
"now Oi gotta brand new.combine-harvester, an' I'll give you the key..."

p fandango
Monday 4th June 2012, 22:17
"i drove me tractor through yer haystack last night,"
Ooh-aaar, Ooh-aaar
"Oi threw my pitchfork at yer dog to keep quiet,"
Ooh-aaar, ooh-aar
"now somethin's tellin me, that you'm more eye than me,"
"c'mon, now darlin' you got somethin oi need..."
"now Oi gotta brand new.combine-harvester, an' I'll give you the key..."
even reading it via forum i can tell your out of tune lol

Sharkey R
Monday 4th June 2012, 22:20
I think I'll just stay out of this battle. ;-p not one an R can win.

JamesT5
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 00:39
I can easily get 1000 miles + out of my tank on my T5..... if I get out and push for long enough. ;)

Regards

James

Harvey
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 08:54
My car says do not drive passed shell or start walking.

foammanmark
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 09:17
Reading this thread makes me think 'why the hell am I selling my D5 to run 2 T5's?' My V70 D5 Euro 4 would get me to around 600 between fill ups, unless I filled it right to the neckhole in which case I could get 650.

My D5 is 'provisionally sold' and if the guy pulls out, I won't be too upset for obvious reasons!

JamesT5
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 10:58
When I upgrade to the P3 (goodness knows when), I'll be going for a D5 model. The petrol car has proved very thirsty on fuel and all my engine gremlins wouldn't have happened on a diesel version.

What helps is the Police forces are now using D5's a lot more so there should be some ex-Police D5's floating around really cheap in a couple of years or so and there'll be some there now already but nothing for under £2000.

Regards

James

lance
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 11:22
My fiancé who is young and beautiful prefers my T5 and even thinks it sounds sexy when I had a d5 loan car she longed for the t5 back ok the d5 does 10-20 mpg more but it can't pull a 23 yr old do 150 plus mph or sound sexy and now I can out run the police in there smelly oil burners too lol

LiamT4
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 12:01
My fiancé who is young and beautiful prefers my T5 and even thinks it sounds sexy when I had a d5 loan car she longed for the t5 back ok the d5 does 10-20 mpg more but it can't pull a 23 yr old do 150 plus mph or sound sexy and now I can out run the police in there smelly oil burners too lol

pmsl

stephenevans99
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 12:16

I've never met a 23 year old bird who's been impressed by a Volvo Estate. She'd cream herself if you showed her your model Hornby collection !!

I must admit, I wish my car could do 150mph & outrun the police....very useful when going to the local Sunday carboot sale.... ;)

Haizum74
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 12:26
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20S60%20D5%202004/Image005.jpg

Filled my D5 up at my local Shell in Singleton and then drove to the Trafford Centre in Manchester, the photo shows the range AFTER the 50 mile trip. It's amazing the range on these things if you stick to 65-70mph on the motorway.

Might try 56mph with the door mirrors folded in next time !!

On your way out please stop off and collect your
http://pipes.cc/pipe.png

and

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_lPDnwHkA9cc/TRJMHitc9vI/AAAAAAAABck/TKPdwBXNxls/s1600/slippers2.jpg

stephenevans99
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 12:31
Aren't you missing a Cylinder?

Haizum74
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 12:31

:worthless or you're making it up

Aren't you missing a Cylinder?

No, four is more than enough to carry my less than rotund frame around in comfort and pace if required) lol

stribo
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 13:53
Personally I'd rather fly past your oil burner in our R shouting "power", and burning up the Earth's resources at a frightening rate. If you want to save fuel, buy a pushbike. :P

Harvey
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 14:11
Personally I'd rather fly past your oil burner in our R shouting "power", and burning up the Earth's resources at a frightening rate. If you want to save fuel, buy a pushbike. :P

Well said that man.

t5_monkey
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 14:51
If you need to save money etc... fair does...

But the day you genuinely prefer diesel to petrol is the day your knob may as well fall off.

stephenevans99
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 16:42

Don't forget to pick up your angle gear on the way past !!

stephenevans99
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 16:44

But the day you genuinely prefer diesel to petrol is the day your knob may as well fall off.

Having already had numerous FAST cars including my old T5, I'm quite happy now for my knob to fall off....feel free to pick it up and use it as a propshaft.

T5frankie
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 17:01

punching above your weight there then lance lol

LeeT5
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 18:56
I think I'll just stay out of this battle. ;-p not one an R can win.

Yes it can....in the Looks dept', ALL DAY LONG :B_thumb:

Who gives a t**s about fuel economy anyway. If i gave a hoot then i'd rip off £2000 worth of mods right now and even then i'd be wasting my time.

Around town i just watch my fuel guage drop...ah well, at least i'm smiling and having fun! On the flip side, i'll get 36mpg at 65mph constant...and that's dam good for a remapped R.

Sharkey R
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 18:58

Who gives a t**s about fuel economy anyway. If i gave a hoot then i'd rip off £2000 worth of mods right now and even then i'd be wasting my time.

Around town i just watch my fuel guage drop...ah well, at least i'm smiling and having fun! On the flip side, i'll get 36mpg at 65mph constant...and that's dam good for a remapped R.

That's very true. :-)

LeeT5
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 18:59
When I upgrade to the P3 (goodness knows when), I'll be going for a D5 model. The petrol car has proved very thirsty on fuel and all my engine gremlins wouldn't have happened on a diesel version.

What helps is the Police forces are now using D5's a lot more so there should be some ex-Police D5's floating around really cheap in a couple of years or so and there'll be some there now already but nothing for under £2000.

Regards

James

LOL, i have spoken to a couple of traffic cops in my area and i have asked the question. There answers were..."these are gutless". "wish we still had the petrol T5s".

I'll say no more.

t5_monkey
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 19:01
I get 43+mpg at a constant 60-65 mph

My Dads leon in mixed driving is typically 20% more fuel efficient than my T5 - is that really something that's so much better??

Of course diesels can do better on long runs - but then mine is faster :) surely mixed driving is the best comparison?

stephenevans99
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 19:01

Who gives a t**s about fuel economy anyway.

Just me apparently & I'm loving the 50mpg all day long.

LeeT5
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 19:03

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

foammanmark
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 19:10
Just me apparently & I'm loving the 50mpg all day long.

As I have a V70 D5 and T5, and a C70T5, I appreciate both cars/engines for different reasons. The D5 is a great all round performer and will comfortably achieve 43 mpg all day long.

Although after saying that, I've sold my D5 so I can drive all over the UK doing my 30k a year in my 2 T5's. I love the T5's and would rather drive them even though they are 12 and 14 years old and my D5 is 6. I want to enjoy my time behind the wheel so the T5's, taxman and the petrol companies are the winners.

There is a distant plan for a XC90 manual diesel though............

LeeT5
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 19:12

Nowt wrong wiv my angle gear. Sharkey...yours ok?

LeeT5
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 19:18
There is a distant plan for a XC90 manual diesel though............

Don't get one if you wanna save the planet mate or your worried about saving the extra few quid versus a T5 as far as fuel goes, cos you won't.

I had a XC90 awd for 5 weeks and i can tell you know they suck at saving the planet. Infact, i'd go as far to say it was worse than my R. Couldn't believe how many times i had to fill it up.

If your gonna go that big on four wheels then you'd be much better off going with a Landrover Discovery 4. It will wee wee all over an XC90 all day.

S1mon
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 19:20
Just read this thread from start to finish and my girlfriend is now asking why I'm chuckling at my phone. It's brilliant!!

TBH, I agree with both sides of the argument. At the moment, I love my D5. I bought it to be able to save some money to buy a house. It's quiet, it's very comfortable, it does silly MPG and it goes well (for a diesel). At the end of the day though, there is no argument that petrol will be more fun! But then again, when I'm back on my feet and ready to get something fun, it won't be a Volvo!! :hidesbehi It'll be something small, light, agile and revvy! An MX5 or an S2000 maybe.

Sharkey R
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 19:25

Mines fine.

LeeT5
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 19:30
small, light, agile and revvy! An MX5 or an S2000 maybe.

Are you worth it??? Maybe it's make believe!!!! LOL

My neighbour has a silver S2000 soft top and he looks like a right ponce! You want something to rev, get a chainsaw!! :B_thumb:

stephenevans99
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 19:30
In the perfect world, we would all be driving remapped R's and paying 48p per litre of Shells finest, but unfortunately needs must and that's why I'm consolidated in my D5.....and to be very honest, I really enjoying being back in a Volvo (even a D5) after the 4 years of selling my T5.

A big thumbs up to those who can really afford to run & mod their cars and drive them the way they were made..... :B_thumb:

S1mon
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 19:33
Are you worth it??? Maybe it's make believe!!!! LOL

My neighbour has a silver S2000 soft top and he looks like a right ponce! You want something to rev, get a chainsaw!! :B_thumb:

Pah ha ha ha!!! I LOL'd! What can I say...I like the wind in my hair! (What's left of it!)

Sharkey R
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 19:38
In the perfect world, we would all be driving remapped R's and paying 48p per litre of Shells finest, but unfortunately needs must and that's why I'm consolidated in my D5.....and to be very honest, I really enjoying being back in a Volvo (even a D5) after the 4 years of selling my T5.

A big thumbs up to those who can really afford to run & mod their cars and drive them the way they were made..... :B_thumb:

I will be honest I do get jealous of the MPG Sophie can get in her D5 but then I don't do a lot of miles in mine so thats how I can afford to run it. If I was doing 2,3 or even 400 miles a week I'd have to opt for a dirty diesel.

stribo
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 19:40

I had the angle gear checked just after we bought the car, and it's fine. Even better, the R doesn't sound like a tractor. :D

LeeT5
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 20:04
i had the angle gear checked just after we bought the car, and it's fine. Even better, the r doesn't sound like a tractor. :d

+1.

S1mon
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 22:10
Is it only me that thinks the D5 has a nice engine note?? (Again...for a diesel)

D5 Sophie
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 22:33
I've never met a 23 year old bird who's been impressed by a Volvo Estate. She'd cream herself if you showed her your model Hornby collection !!

I must admit, I wish my car could do 150mph & outrun the police....very useful when going to the local Sunday carboot sale.... ;)

They do get upto 120 very nicely especially when your not looking :)

D5 Sophie
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 22:36

Ha ha after the hassle we had with it last year hope it goes whilst warranty covers it

D5 Sophie
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 22:39
I will be honest I do get jealous of the MPG Sophie can get in her D5 but then I don't do a lot of miles in mine so thats how I can afford to run it. If I was doing 2,3 or even 400 miles a week I'd have to opt for a dirty diesel.

That's only because you do roughly 200 miles in a month my poor baby has to do a thousand. But can't moan my man job drive 1.7 miles around the corner and she's averaging 46mpg makes her mummy a very happy lady. £90 roughly to do all that mileage. Where's your will only do 200 for that amount of fuel hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagahah ahahah

stephenevans99
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 23:32
Once more for the non believers ;)

Feel free to post a dyno chart, flexing those mahhhooosive power figures everyone but me has ;)

Night night !!

Harvey
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 23:42

Hi just hope your injectors are all well i know how much they are each that will knock the smile off any ones face.

M-R-P
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 23:49
I took my throttlebody out today and gave it a good clean. It took an hour and wasn't in bad nick.
I'm just glad i didn't have to do anything that gets really mucky and clogged-up, like a mixer pipe or anything ;)

stephenevans99
Wednesday 6th June 2012, 08:33
Cleaning out my mixer pipe was ACE.....just wish I'd worn 3 pairs of marigolds - that black stuff IS nasty.

Sharkey R
Wednesday 6th June 2012, 08:58
Ha ha after the hassle we had with it last year hope it goes whilst warranty covers it

If you remember right dearest it was misdiagnosed by a certain volvo technician.

Blackdog
Wednesday 6th June 2012, 13:13
I got a D5 V70 phase 3 that does 40 MPG and is fairly quick.

I've also got a '99 V70 R that does 18 MPG and it too is fairly quick.

Now the D5 is nice and comfy and easy to drive quick.

The R is load and brash and it has to be pushed to perform.

Which one do I prefer?

Well depends on the journey.

If I want a laugh and the Mrs is not with me then it's the R. If I want to get there (or accompanied) it's the D5.

Now the lowest instant MPG on the R i've seen is 3.5, but got the D5 down to 3.3. That said the D5 does refresh more ofeten than the R.

stephenevans99
Wednesday 6th June 2012, 13:19
Best of both worlds.....perhaps an R for the weekend & the derv for the chores.

t5_monkey
Wednesday 6th June 2012, 13:43
It's down to money if we were all loaded we'd be running 1000bhp Vipers (well I would!)

Long as you enjoy what u got it's all good!

stephenevans99
Wednesday 6th June 2012, 13:53
You wouldn't get your lanky a$$ in a Viper....PT Cruiser perhaps !!