PDA

View Full Version : Help fitting a 4x50W Amp please!!!

TomS60
Saturday 17th September 2005, 20:03
hey guys, i am a 19yr old keen reader of your forum even though i havent ever posted anything!!! but I have recently bought a 1998 S70 2.5 (Not quite a T5 I know!!!)

I have just "upgraded" the SC-805 to the SC-901, and purchased the 4x50W amp to run it. I have tested all the equipment and it all works and sounds fantastic....however.........i cannot fit the amp.

I have been told that there are two amps available. One that fits under the seat, and the other that fits behind the headunit. I have the one that apparently fits behind the headunit, but i'll be damned if it will fit in there!!!!!!

So, please can any of you guys help out. Cheers, Tom

C70T5
Saturday 17th September 2005, 20:33
SC901 in all cases I have come across use the under the seat amp. This could be why if wont fit. (could be wrong) Salvo group should be able to sort you out with one, someone here will have their contact details I'm sure, guys and dolls?

deerworrier
Saturday 17th September 2005, 22:50
i took the side panel out of the passanger footwell to give acces to the rear of the consol then fixed my processor to the open panel area. worked a treat:) you may need to think about heat generation from the amp though. but it could work for you.

TomS60
Sunday 18th September 2005, 13:29
cheers guys, i ended up fitting through the passenger footwell below where the h/u sits.

Cheers for your help
Tom

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 18th September 2005, 23:37
:welcome: Tom!

LeeVTi
Saturday 1st October 2005, 16:07
where did ya get the amp from? lookin for 1 for my 805 and a cd changer to, do they just plug in?

TomS60
Saturday 1st October 2005, 19:25
Hey LeeVTi, i was scouring eBay when i came accross a guy who was selling one from a totalled C70, i rang him and he said he had a few. I can see if i can dig out his phone number if you are interested??

oh, and i can now tell you how it fits if you have any problems!!! lol