PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of a trip to Gloucester to view an R.

foammanmark
Saturday 2nd June 2012, 17:09
I'm seriously thinking of taking a drive down to Gloucester to view the lazer blue V70R AWD that I'm sure we've all seen on ebay. A desposit and he would hold it until July when I get my bonus.

My D5 is supposedly sold for £4,850 and my silver T5 would have to go as I only want 2 cars- my C70 and one other.

Thoughts on the lazer blue car please..............

V70 Graham
Saturday 2nd June 2012, 17:15
Well.....it's been on eBay a while, the only real was of telling is going down and seeing the car, take daza for a trip lol between you any faults should be unearthed, then it's simply a case of getting it for the right price, it's worth more than a tenner but less than £5000 just allow a little to get it 'how you want it'.....just my thoughts.

foammanmark
Saturday 2nd June 2012, 17:20
Thanks for that. Taking Daza is a great idea, but he hates being a passenger, especially with me cos I don't floor it all the time.

I've watched this car sell in Devon for I think £1,200'ish, and then the guy in Gloucester has been trying to sell it for a while. Mileage is OK, but it's the box and the AWD that concern me. I do want an AWD for my high Winter mileage, but I'm prepared to wait for the right one, and I would prefer a manual. I once had an auto but I struggled to handle the fact that my left leg had nothing to do! Fuel economy is always better with the manual as well.

V70 Graham
Saturday 2nd June 2012, 17:25
.....but I'm prepared to wait for the right one, and I would prefer a manual.....

Me thinks you already know the answer to your own question then :wink:
Mark, personally I think if you are prepared to wait for 'the right one' and would prefer a manual, then wait is what you should do, I'm sure you wont have to wait long prob see a few more by the time July comes.

daza-b
Saturday 2nd June 2012, 17:28
here we go again!!!!! its to dodgy! lol

daza-b
Saturday 2nd June 2012, 17:29
Mark, personally I think if you are prepared to wait for 'the right one' and would prefer a manual, then wait is what you should do, I'm sure you wont have to wait long prob see a few more by the time July comes.

hallelujah someone else says same....MARK YOU READING?! lmao

foammanmark
Saturday 2nd June 2012, 17:36

When I first joined the forum last Autumn, I was on the look out for an AWD, and I remember that some members strongly advised me against the auto AWD's. However, people have them and they can't all be problematic, can they? I saw the photos of the Essex meet last weekend and the 2 lazer's look great. OK, I don't know what box is in them, but can you get manual later model R's in the classic shape?

foammanmark
Saturday 2nd June 2012, 17:39
hallelujah someone else says same....MARK YOU READING?! lmao

Yes I am thanks bud. You know and I know that I'm going to get an R. It's just a matter of when, what colour etc. The other thing is what do I do with silver- sell or break?

Anyway, for the foreseeable future I run the C70 and V70 T5's and see what comes up. Any member thinking of selling a manual AWD in July/August, please let me know.

V70 Graham
Saturday 2nd June 2012, 17:43
I think you mean the Crooked Billet meet just round the corner from me (even though I was working and couldn't get there)
As far as later model FWD's yes they did make them.....:biggrin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_V70

foammanmark
Saturday 2nd June 2012, 17:51
That'll be the one. The lazers look great on the photos and I think I'm right in saying that one is phase 2 and one phase 3?

I'm familar with that link, as I've spent a lot of time studying it myself.

aftershock
Friday 8th June 2012, 16:28
Ask Lee about the Lazer V70R he sold me!! Fantastic car!!! AWD ... amazing in bad weather!!!! Even on low profiles it just goes anywhere you point it. Auto ... yes. But the kickdown is so responsive and it holds gears so well.

With everything Lee did to it and I've looked after it really well I'd put it against anything.

The updated front headlights, grill and other bits make it very special. The BSR remap (320BHP) is incredible. The twin BSR exhaust gives it a great sound!! Quiet cruising. But then it growls. It's history and documents make it a great car.

Oh it is for sale! If you hadn't guessed!!!

foammanmark
Friday 8th June 2012, 16:35
Talk to me, please.............I'm very interested.

aftershock
Friday 8th June 2012, 16:48
Email sent!

MisterC1501
Monday 2nd July 2012, 18:26
Oh it is for sale! If you hadn't guessed!!!

Have you sold this car??

foammanmark
Monday 2nd July 2012, 18:28
Have you sold this car??

Yes, Aftershock sold it to me, and it's the car in my signature picture. Sorry!

foammanmark
Monday 2nd July 2012, 18:30
Have you sold this car??

Are you the person in Burnley who has just sold their saffy? I'd just done the deal on the laser when yours came up for sale if you are.

shaun850
Monday 2nd July 2012, 20:21
I'm quite happy to go and inspect it for you?
I have never met the guy but the car has been at a garage on my trading estate to have a coil fitted ( I sold it to the garage ( work at GSF ) sounded very smooth when the coil was fitted.
I know my way round them and i have a good eye for body work if you need me.

Cheers

stephenevans99
Monday 2nd July 2012, 20:26
Are you the person in Burnley who has just sold their saffy? I'd just done the deal on the laser when yours came up for sale if you are.

Not unless he's moved. I'm sure MisterC lives less than 2 miles up the road from me, I was always green with envy when I saw his Saffy R.

foammanmark
Tuesday 3rd July 2012, 17:17
Not unless he's moved. I'm sure MisterC lives less than 2 miles up the road from me, I was always green with envy when I saw his Saffy R.

Two different Lancastrian saffy V70 R owners who have recently sold their cars then. The one in Burnley looked very nice, with private reg as well -70 JET