PDA

View Full Version : Christine the on going story

Porcine_Aviator
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 20:43
Mrs PA has booked Christine in to have the suspension checked, it's making a loud bag when you turn right or go over a hole in the road. So when she was talking to the guys at the garage about the instrument pod and how to get it out for repair.

They said they would be happy to come over to our place and take the DIM out so that we can send it off to have it fixed. Then when it comes back they will come round and refit it. I did have a look at taking the DIM out myself but couldn't find the hex bolts. Christine is a crossbreed of a 2000 and a 2001 so what fits one sometimes doesn't on her.

Great garage, they had the motorcaravan in to sort out the handbrake as it wasn't holding on well enough on hill starts. They adjusted it, greased the linkages and road tested it. When Mrs PA went in to pay they said there was no charge. I suppose they get enough out of us with Christine. :)

local-looney
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 20:56
good garage indeed! i got all this impending doom to look forward to!!!!!!!!!!!!

Porcine_Aviator
Wednesday 6th June 2012, 17:33
Had a call from the garage earlier to say that the problem was the anti roll bar drop link which they could do at a cost of £40, so I told them to go ahead. Cheap enough I thought and we would have her back today.

Just had another call to say that now the drop link has been fitted and it has tightened up the suspension, so much so they have found another knock!

This one is the top suspension mount which is really bad, and she passed her MOT with the knock. Any how they are getting the bits tomorrow and the total cost is going to be £236.24 for everything. :cry::cry:

So we're not going on a cruise to the Isle of Wight

Porcine_Aviator
Wednesday 6th June 2012, 17:37
good garage indeed! i got all this impending doom to look forward to!!!!!!!!!!!!

There you go that's the " impending doom" for you :)

But what you have to remember is she's not called Christine for nothing, she has been a bitch from the moment we bought her.

M-R-P
Wednesday 6th June 2012, 19:22
This new knock isn't on the side that haf the new shock recently is it?
At least she'll be top-top when you chop her in...

Rhys
Wednesday 6th June 2012, 19:34
But what you have to remember is she's not called Christine for nothing, she has been a bitch from the moment we bought her.

If that's the case, shouldn't Christine mend herself??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exusLEScGek

Porcine_Aviator
Thursday 7th June 2012, 23:12
This new knock isn't on the side that haf the new shock recently is it?
At least she'll be top-top when you chop her in...

This time it's a new drop link, new cup and a new shock. The last time it was two rear shocks for the MOT.
She sounds much better going around corners, no bangs.

If that's the case, shouldn't Christine mend herself??

The thing is the original Christine was a cow, and so is our Christine :)

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 8th June 2012, 14:25
Next thing to do is get the clocks out and send them off. The garage say will come here and remove them so we can send them off to be fixed.