PDA

View Full Version : spenny

fireclown
Friday 16th September 2005, 19:22
Hi i have just bought a set of bilstein sports. i would like a set of eibach springs. but sadly funds do not allow it. i need a exhaust next. my vehicle is a 1996 854 t5. has anyone had any experiance with these, useing standard springs. mine is starting to get a bit wallo ey after 120.000. or on wed its my b.day so if any one wants to buy me some springs it would be greatly appreciated. many thanks in great anticipation. fireclown.

JUDGENINJA
Friday 16th September 2005, 21:53
Hope you've got stupidly long spring compressors.. I had a suspension leg apart last week and my standard compressors ran out of screw when being released. I had to carefully hit the compressor with a mallet and run(...OK not quite but you get my drift..).
All this to find that the suspension legs I bought 6months ago were knackered... Will be getting good ones from Salvo as soon as I get underneath the car to get my Exhaust Part number (just in case they are reading this)

Also If your swapping springs it may be wise to get yourself the proper tools..
Volvo Part numbers :
9995467 - Top supension nut tool
9995468 - Suspension shaft tool (holds piston still)
9995469 - Spring clamp tool (this is the important one rather than a nut they've put a crucifix shaped nut instead...???)

There not cheap, about £65 for the three tools, but very much worth it...

fireclown
Saturday 17th September 2005, 14:56
Thanks for the info. i shall look forward to doing these. if you see a spring fly over your house at a great rate of knots. could you please post it back top me. thanks.
:B_steerin