PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing groaning noise

nottsgreent5
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 20:04
hi all had a strange noise for the last few days sounds some things really rubbing the wheels soon as you start driving cheaked all the front bearings drop links etcetc what i did notice was when you spin the wheels there seems to be alot of slack before it engauges with the box and when driven quick round right hand bends it looses drive for a moment its had a whine since i had the car does this sound like the auto box on its way out lol?

t5_monkey
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 20:22
Just tell the wife to shut up or get out.

vaderboyo
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 20:24

lmfao

nottsgreent5
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 20:47

haha like it trust me she dont get on me nerves as much as that noise lol

kyboy
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 20:56
Mine does the same, sounds like brake back plate rubbing!

merc85
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 21:05
Car stationary, wiv your window down, car ticking over. Put the car into drive does it do it then?

If so put car back into neutral does this stop it?

Also if it is whilst going along could be the back plate rubbing on the disc

nottsgreent5
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 21:25
only does it when you drive it .on tick over or not moving there is no strange noises lol

oblark
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 22:39
hi all had a strange noise for the last few days sounds some things really rubbing the wheels soon as you start driving cheaked all the front bearings drop links etcetc what i did notice was when you spin the wheels there seems to be alot of slack before it engauges with the box and when driven quick round right hand bends it looses drive for a moment its had a whine since i had the car does this sound like the auto box on its way out lol?

It sounds like you have a CV joint thats failed or nearly failed.

kyboy
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 22:43
could be brake calliper not retracting pad and rubbing on disc, if you've got grooved discs it sounds worse I've had that as well!!!

merc85
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 22:48
binding caliper, or Slider's that aint, Well sliding lol

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 08:32
Jacked the car up and wheels spin freely no rubbing me thinks diff bearings its sone over 200k lol

M-R-P
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 08:44
Intermediate driveshaft support bearing?
worth a look:)

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 19:24
Car all sorted it was bloody hand break cable rubbing back tyre lol