PDA

View Full Version : Door Mirror glass...

Rhys
Monday 28th May 2012, 20:46
What sort of glue is used to fix it to the backing plate? The drivers side mirror on my P1 was flapping the other day so I had to squirt some superglue in as a temp fix. Was wondering as they're heated and don't want the glue to come unstuck.
Also is it easy to remove the mirror as I can swap my 850 mirror over if needs but don't want to break it.
Ta muchly :)

daza-b
Monday 28th May 2012, 20:54
What sort of glue is used to fix it to the backing plate? The drivers side mirror on my P1 was flapping the other day so I had to squirt some superglue in as a temp fix. Was wondering as they're heated and don't want the glue to come unstuck.
Also is it easy to remove the mirror as I can swap my 850 mirror over if needs but don't want to break it.
Ta muchly :)

p1 are an easy swap mate, i think you can even do them without removing the door card too! also if you need a spare mirror i have a couple around :)

Rhys
Monday 28th May 2012, 21:30
Oh I know how to remove the whole mirror - I'm just after taking the glass out and swapping them over. The actual mirror part is coming off its backing plate. I've seen the back of the backing plate and the electrical connectors are in different places but should fit ok. Cheers for the offer btw :)