PDA

View Full Version : Volvo alarm

Kevthescaff
Monday 28th May 2012, 08:08
Hi can anyone help me , I was out yesterday in my Volvo 940 estate, but when I came back to my car it had immobilised itself but iv never had a fob for the car, the RAC guy told me it could of been a radio frequency that activated the alarm. Can it be bypassed in any way, iv sent for a fob off the Internet but can this be paired the car while the alarm is activated. Would be grateful for any advice.

barkster1971
Monday 28th May 2012, 10:11
Check the connection that next to the +'ve terminal on the battery as the alarm needs a constant 12V feed. If there's a bit of corrosion on the contact it makes it behave weirdly. You can only get a new fob connected at a Volvo garage.

smithy
Monday 28th May 2012, 16:27
Check the connection that next to the +'ve terminal on the battery as the alarm needs a constant 12V feed. If there's a bit of corrosion on the contact it makes it behave weirdly. You can only get a new fob connected at a Volvo garage.

You can use the 850 fobs they work Nd you don't need a Volvo garage to recode it for you I did mine no probs

Steve 940 Estate
Monday 28th May 2012, 16:48
Hi
You can quite easily bypass the early Volvoguard alarms if the immobilise the car and leave you stranded.

Do you know which one you have ?

Kevthescaff
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 10:20
I'll check which alarm it is steav when I get home. Just got a fob off eBay , I'll let you know how I get on thanks for all your help.

Kevthescaff
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 10:25
You can use the 850 fobs they work Nd you don't need a Volvo garage to recode it for you I did mine no probsCan you explain how I Recode the alarm. Thanks smithy.

Kevthescaff
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 10:27
Hi smithy can you explain how I go about recoding the alarm. Thanks smithy.

Kevthescaff
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 16:39
Hi
You can quite easily bypass the early Volvoguard alarms if the immobilise the car and leave you stranded.

Do you know which one you have ?

Hi Steve all I know that it's the Volvo guard it's an NReg can you help. It the one with the light on the drivers side post , hope this help . Any advice steve

smithy
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 17:20
Hi smithy can you explain how I go about recoding the alarm. Thanks smithy.

if i can remember right you hold the button on the fob next to the car and the fob will pickup the signal off the car then when it has picked up the signal it will lock the doors and then let go of the button and press again to see if it opens the doors hey presto sorted.then start the car.

Steve 940 Estate
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 18:21
It sounds like it's got a Volvoguard 1 if it has you can do like I did and unplug it all and then sort out the immobiliser.
Is the light you have in a triangular housing with buttons on it. If it is all the alarm gubbins are under the steering column.

I'm trying to help someone on the VOC forum with their later guard 2 alarm. I hate the things, any faults render the car nothing more than a pile of scrap metal.