Monday 28th May 2012, 08:00
hi all...... quick query.

my engine... B5234T3

(B = petrol)

(23 = 2.3ltr)

(4 = 4 valves per cylinder)

(T = turbo)

(3 = ???????)

what does the last digit stand for, i see it changes over engine models....

:)

p fandango
Monday 28th May 2012, 08:12
what does the last digit stand for, i see it changes over engine models....
it is just variations within the engine, ie if its got a newer/bigger turbo than the previous version LINK (https://www.box.com/s/hmg1p6lmena1krmhas0f)

M-R-P
Monday 28th May 2012, 08:16
Hmm, I always wondered about that last digit.

Nice one Mr. Fandango.

Go - on then, what does the LK stand for on my gearbox?

d2k
Monday 28th May 2012, 08:33
it is just variations within the engine, ie if its got a newer/bigger turbo than the previous version LINK (https://www.box.com/s/hmg1p6lmena1krmhas0f)

thx fandango.......

according to that list the 850R engine (B5234T4) is different to mine, i thought it was the same engine...

learn something everyday...lol

M-R-P
Monday 28th May 2012, 08:39
Basically it's the same. there are only minor differences. The 850R has the same power output as ours but ours don't have the overboost feature that gives the 850R that 250 bhp, ours (supposedly) has it to hand already. When you get into the realms of ex-plod, you can pretty much throw the engine code translations out the window as plod will chuck any old crap in there if they need to lol. (you should see my injectors!)

p fandango
Monday 28th May 2012, 10:21
Basically it's the same. there are only minor differences. The 850R has the same power output as ours but ours don't have the overboost feature that gives the 850R that 250 bhp, ours (supposedly) has it to hand already. When you get into the realms of ex-plod, you can pretty much throw the engine code translations out the window as plod will chuck any old crap in there if they need to lol. (you should see my injectors!)
the T-5R has the overboost not the 850R

2002- had a lighter crank, reworked head (thinner valve stems) & cylinder windows in the block, VVT. Plus the engine management system will be different