PDA

View Full Version : v70 t5

marlonv40t
Sunday 27th May 2012, 11:01
hi guys just got my 2nd volvo yesterday 2001 v70 t5 what i read yesterday morning that the best ones are 2004 0nwould it was to late i paid my deposit owell but it does drive nice the auto geartronic works fine if i do get problems with it will the 2004 geartronic box fit if its a better box the only problem ive got with the car is the srs-aibag service light is up and the rear doors dont open up with the remote but closes with the remote.

JamesT5
Sunday 27th May 2012, 23:46
hi guys just got my 2nd volvo yesterday 2001 v70 t5 what i read yesterday morning that the best ones are 2004 0nwould it was to late i paid my deposit owell but it does drive nice the auto geartronic works fine if i do get problems with it will the 2004 geartronic box fit if its a better box the only problem ive got with the car is the srs-aibag service light is up and the rear doors dont open up with the remote but closes with the remote.

I'd get the Airbag warning issue sorted as the MOT's are about to get stricter in the next few months. Airbag faults will result in a failure on the MOT so I'd get it looked at pronto.

Regards

James

M-R-P
Monday 28th May 2012, 00:45
I think that rule is in already. It'll be best to find out why the light is on first. With an early p2, it could have had a dim repair, not done poperly but considering its age, it'll be due its official airbag service any way (mine's due next year :(

marlonv40t
Monday 28th May 2012, 18:07
thanks guys martin do i have to go main dealers for the air bag service