PDA

View Full Version : indicators not working

Simbaroo
Saturday 26th May 2012, 18:32
Driving the car today and when I thought I was indicating nothing kinda annoyed a few people on round abouts whoops sorry, I have checked all bulbs, fuses, wires etc could it be a duff relay? The hazzads dont work either or the high beam on the stork but the cruise control is fine :s any ideas?

Thanks

dalhousie2008
Saturday 26th May 2012, 19:16
Could be dodgy ignition switch was on mine, try turning key back a little

martybelfastt5
Saturday 26th May 2012, 19:46
sounds like the ignition return spring as dal says,,

Brett855tdi
Saturday 26th May 2012, 20:00
I had a funny spring on my old 850 had the wiggle the key everytime you turned it on, i found that lots of stuff didnt work when it was
speedo
abs (light on)
tracs
head lights low and high
indicators
Never tried the CT tho
but as i said a little wiggle all comes back... if its not the key maybe the relay?

dalhousie2008
Saturday 26th May 2012, 20:23
I had a funny spring on my old 850 had the wiggle the key everytime you turned it on, i found that lots of stuff didnt work when it was
speedo
abs (light on)
tracs
head lights low and high
indicators
Never tried the CT tho
but as i said a little wiggle all comes back... if its not the key maybe the relay?

Snap! Here

Simbaroo
Saturday 26th May 2012, 20:32
Aha ill give it a wiggle lol everything else works bit the high beam and indicator, even when i lock the car with the fob it doesnt flash like normal which says to me the relay?

Brett855tdi
Saturday 26th May 2012, 20:37
yea but i would have thought the high beam would still b ok :s
i wonder how many times a relay like that has flashed in its life time lol

Simbaroo
Sunday 27th May 2012, 00:41
yea but i would have thought the high beam would still b ok :s
i wonder how many times a relay like that has flashed in its life time lol

Yeah its a strange one maybe its both anyone know where they situated anyone got laying around, ha ha yeah a hell of a lot of flashing lol

danny-R
Sunday 27th May 2012, 09:09
I had the same problem years ago, as said above it's likely to be a dodgey ignition switch

Simbaroo
Sunday 27th May 2012, 12:47
Right i have tried wiggling the key no joy so could be relay?

Brett855tdi
Sunday 27th May 2012, 13:38
I would try the relay next..... but the high beam is weird to go with that too

Brett855tdi
Sunday 27th May 2012, 13:42
Im not sure where its TBH i think its with the others in the compartment behind the fuse box (top of the box off )
However the ticking comes from in the dash... so im not 100% sorry but hope its helps

Simbaroo
Sunday 27th May 2012, 14:53
Right i shall investigate more, maybe the indicator relay does the high beam too but thanks for the help :)

stribo
Sunday 27th May 2012, 15:11
If the indicators and high beam aren't working properly it could be the column switch itself, though this wouldn't explain the hazards

Simbaroo
Sunday 27th May 2012, 19:41
i read somewhere that the relay is the hazzard switch anyone know if this is true?

Simbaroo
Wednesday 6th June 2012, 18:15
I have replaced the hazzard switch because was told it is the relay but no luck so next step reaplace the indicator stalk see what happens