PDA

View Full Version : What Sort Of Tyres???

CAMO
Wednesday 5th January 2005, 14:28
I Am Thinking Of Changing My Tyres In The Near Future, And I Am Open To Suggestion What Manufacturer & Make Us T5'ers Can Recommend?
At Present I Am Running 17" (215x40x17) Made By Nankang- Ultra Sport. They Have'nt Worn Very Well, Concidering How Long They Have Ben On The Car, With Only Average Grip, Feel Factor!
Your Suggestions Please!

lance
Wednesday 5th January 2005, 14:42
Ive just bought a full set of BF Goodridges for £60 a corner +vat and have to say there very good so far + they have a usefull outer lip to protect your alloys from kerbing.

Pedro Fandango
Wednesday 5th January 2005, 14:55
i've got General's on the front & are lasting way longer than any other set i've had

adamt5r
Wednesday 5th January 2005, 18:26
i have got goodyear eagle f1's, wear is normal 300bhp front drive!!! feel is great as is grip and i have found them for £83 all in near me if anyones interested!!!!

Justin
Wednesday 5th January 2005, 18:53
Ive just bought a full set of BF Goodridges for £60 a corner +vat and have to say there very good so far + they have a usefull outer lip to protect your alloys from kerbing.
Lance where ya gettin them from ?

lance
Wednesday 5th January 2005, 19:20
Gareth Richards from the BeaverScreens Franchise hes based in Leicester and David Pengelly recomended him to refurb my wheels and he also sold me the tyres too. He generally does a removal and refit service but im sure you could go to him for tyres and fitting .
His numbers 07736 973314

Goof
Wednesday 5th January 2005, 21:00
Gareth Richards from the BeaverScreens Franchise hes based in Leicester and David Pengelly recomended him to refurb my wheels and he also sold me the tyres too. He generally does a removal and refit service but im sure you could go to him for tyres and fitting .
His numbers 07736 973314
Sounds good - I'll be making a note of his number!

Justin
Wednesday 5th January 2005, 22:27
Yes me too thanks Lance ;)

855t5r
Wednesday 5th January 2005, 22:32
Do VT do tyres?

Ivan
Saturday 8th January 2005, 12:22
Anyone use Michelin Pilot Sports? I have no idea how they compare grip/feel/longevity, I pay about 80+vat each. Should I be changing to something else?!

Pedro Fandango
Saturday 8th January 2005, 12:35
i had Michelins on when i brought the car & they wore out way to quick (not sure which one's they were, but it was enough to but me off getting Michelins again)

jim
Saturday 5th February 2005, 12:02
I put Toyo proxes on about 5k miles ago they are good in wet and dry and seem to be wearing well enough.

Sexy tread too if your into tyre fetishes.

Cheerz

jim
________
Redhead Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/redhead-girls/)

Bracer
Monday 7th February 2005, 10:19
I put Toyo proxes on about 5k miles ago they are good in wet and dry and seem to be wearing well enough.

Sexy tread too if your into tyre fetishes.

Cheerz

jim

There's allot of take around these tyres, and I myself was looking at them, but there seems to be lots of bad press about them too. Including one tyre fitter that told me he actually had a set and they just split up :eek:

They've gone through several changes since they come out so what are the exact ones you've got ?

Thanks

Steve