PDA

View Full Version : Do not buy this car

T5frankie
Saturday 26th May 2012, 08:51
this car is a shed, the bloke is an arrogant numpty, i won this in auction but didnt collect after speaking to the original winner and he confirmed what a shed it is, after asking the owner what was wrong myself all he could say is i have a better one for sale if you are interested lol

LEAVE ALONE PEEPS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-VOLVO-850-T5-R-AUTO-GREEN-MOT-TAX-/120920459645?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c276bc97d#ht_978wt_1313

T5Tom
Saturday 26th May 2012, 09:02
Lol looks like a steal! What's wrong with it?

craigoodwood
Saturday 26th May 2012, 10:20
see feedback....

childs3787
Saturday 26th May 2012, 11:44
TLC is an understatement when you look at what is wrong with it.

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 26th May 2012, 12:42
£400 is still a bargain..

dalhousie2008
Saturday 26th May 2012, 15:12
Had a chat with him today, not convinced its a good buy, said the chap was lying and left malicious feedback.

Its over £400 now

Racebits
Saturday 26th May 2012, 15:14
Doesn't look to bad untill you see the feedback. Would cost a lot of time and a bit of money to make half decent.

dalhousie2008
Saturday 26th May 2012, 15:16
not too sure on that, mine wasn't boosting and all it was was a hose and bcs, both of which i had spare, so cost me nothing

T5frankie
Saturday 26th May 2012, 16:00
i won it for £620 i think

andyb1375
Sunday 27th May 2012, 10:07
Frankie, Did you view yourself ? cos for a T5R I wouldn't have thought that was a bad price at £620

dalhousie2008
Sunday 27th May 2012, 10:22
i won it for £620 i think

Oh right so you won it, i wondered who did. I spoke to the guy on the phone and said that the person who won had been a time waster.

But TBH if one of the usual suspects (large posters) on the forum goes to view a car and its a piece of crap then its probably a piece of crap!!!

If frankie says its crap then i would listen as he should be able to tell the good from the bad by now.

andyb1375
Sunday 27th May 2012, 10:42
Oh right so you won it, i wondered who did. I spoke to the guy on the phone and said that the person who won had been a time waster.

But TBH if one of the usual suspects (large posters) on the forum goes to view a car and its a piece of crap then its probably a piece of crap!!!

If frankie says its crap then i would listen as he should be able to tell the good from the bad by now.

I would agree, but just wondered if Frankie viewed it ? cos reading the thread it would suggest that Frankie spoke with the previous winner !!

Just asking !

dalhousie2008
Sunday 27th May 2012, 10:48
i didnt read whole thread, just skimmed it

T5frankie
Sunday 27th May 2012, 11:13

the bloke was useless at communicating i asked him after noticing the bad feedback (after i won) if it was true all these problems? he just wouldnt say yes or no and he kept trying to get me to buy his other one lol i kept waiting sometimes 2 days for a reply to my messages, he wasnt calling me a timewaster but the previous winner but he also has a bad attitude and he cancelled the sale before admitting to anything that was wrong withj the car as i told him i knew my way round these motors

T5frankie
Sunday 27th May 2012, 11:20
This is the message from the winning bidder to me when i messaged them about it and why they had left bad feedback

i won it for £851. it is probably worth about £300 tops. the seller drove the car not me. the turbo needle never moved and the turbo never kicked in at all even when i asked him to put his foot down. definately not workin. some white smoke not loads but more than normal. also abs light stays on. seller swore that it was fine until that day. also tracs off light stuck on but dont know if it works or not. front wheel bearings rumbling badly and suspension clunks indicate either top mounts or droplinks. the owner hasnt taken car of the car at all. every panel has dents scuffs n scrapes and a bit of rust on bonnet too. there were also suspicous oil patches where car was parked. seller knows how bad this car is. it would cost about a grand to put it right. i pointed out all the faults but he still relisted it without divulging faults. seller wouldnt give me his address either. tried to do deal from pub car park or train station. check out the abussive feedback he left me today.

- george_and_fran

Kingsford G
Sunday 27th May 2012, 12:24
This is the message from the winning bidder to me when i messaged them about it and why they had left bad feedback

i won it for £851. it is probably worth about £300 tops. the seller drove the car not me. the turbo needle never moved and the turbo never kicked in at all even when i asked him to put his foot down. definately not workin. some white smoke not loads but more than normal. also abs light stays on. seller swore that it was fine until that day. also tracs off light stuck on but dont know if it works or not. front wheel bearings rumbling badly and suspension clunks indicate either top mounts or droplinks. the owner hasnt taken car of the car at all. every panel has dents scuffs n scrapes and a bit of rust on bonnet too. there were also suspicous oil patches where car was parked. seller knows how bad this car is. it would cost about a grand to put it right. i pointed out all the faults but he still relisted it without divulging faults. seller wouldnt give me his address either. tried to do deal from pub car park or train station. check out the abussive feedback he left me today.

- george_and_fran
Sounds familiar thb them kind of ppl can fool ya whithout blinking.