PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth

1260pete
Friday 25th May 2012, 13:53
Hi everyone well as some of you know i recently bought a v70 t5 and i absolutely love it, but sadly with a change of work circumstances i can't afford to keep it and have bought a diesel instead, anyway i paid £1200 for it which i thought was pretty good to be honest but i don't know a lot about prices,,, its a 2001 with the 7 seat pack etc and 162k on the clock with full history,,, the only things i have done are cleaned the throttle body so it now ticks over perfect, and replaced the clutch switch £40 so the cruise control is working, its got mot until january but no tax,, the only thing it could do with in the future is front discs and pads but apart from that its great,,, now am i miles off trying to get £1200 back for it as i have had a couple of people offer £800 on that site?

JamesT5
Friday 25th May 2012, 22:27
Hi everyone well as some of you know i recently bought a v70 t5 and i absolutely love it, but sadly with a change of work circumstances i can't afford to keep it and have bought a diesel instead, anyway i paid £1200 for it which i thought was pretty good to be honest but i don't know a lot about prices,,, its a 2001 with the 7 seat pack etc and 162k on the clock with full history,,, the only things i have done are cleaned the throttle body so it now ticks over perfect, and replaced the clutch switch £40 so the cruise control is working, its got mot until january but no tax,, the only thing it could do with in the future is front discs and pads but apart from that its great,,, now am i miles off trying to get £1200 back for it as i have had a couple of people offer £800 on that site?

Hi

If it helps, in March I paid £1125 for my 2001 (Y) T5 (see my avatar and garage photos), with full leather interior and all the trimmings on it (like yours). When I brought it, it had 223,000 miles on the clock, needed 4 new tyres, and just a general tidy up, oh, and it will soon be having new disks and pads all round which I also need to do and knew it when I brought it.

Mind you, mine has about a full service history (95% Volvo) and there is a small amount of body work stuff tha needs doing on it (not much).

To answer your question, I'd say £1200 is a fair price, in fact I'd put it up for £1300 - £1400 initially.

Hope that helps you out.

Regards

James

Kingsford G
Friday 25th May 2012, 22:41
Hi

If it helps, in March I paid £1125 for my 2001 (Y) T5 (see my avatar and garage photos), with full leather interior and all the trimmings on it (like yours). When I brought it, it had 223,000 miles on the clock, needed 4 new tyres, and just a general tidy up, oh, and it will soon be having new disks and pads all round which I also need to do and knew it when I brought it.

Mind you, mine has about a full service history (95% Volvo) and there is a small amount of body work stuff tha needs doing on it (not much).

To answer your question, I'd say £1200 is a fair price, in fact I'd put it up for £1300 - £1400 initially.

Hope that helps you out.

Regards

James

Agree!!!

1260pete
Saturday 26th May 2012, 07:11
Cheers guys thats what i thought to be honest, its got full history and part of it is Volvo, i have put a £1200 reserve on it so will see what happens, the tyres and everything else are excellent.

T5frankie
Saturday 26th May 2012, 08:12

i've been watching these alot lately and they seem to be making around £1200 on ebay, yours has 7 seats too, perhaps you can sell those seperatly? if it was taxed it would be alot easier to sell

1260pete
Saturday 26th May 2012, 08:42
i've been watching these alot lately and they seem to be making around £1200 on ebay, yours has 7 seats too, perhaps you can sell those seperatly? if it was taxed it would be alot easier to sell

Yeah i thought about taxing it but don't want to spend another £150 in case i don't get it back :(

T5frankie
Saturday 26th May 2012, 08:45
Yeah i thought about taxing it but don't want to spend another £150 in case i don't get it back :(

I for one won't buy a car with no tax its just too hard to sort out when out to buy a new one and people will see that your car is your price plus another £150 on top so the price will be £1350 not £1200 so puts people off especially when the car could be a shed for all they know