PDA

View Full Version : C70 Elec window problem

dickiemint
Friday 25th May 2012, 11:37
Hi, I have a problem with the drivers dooor elec window on my 2002 C70 convertible. Whichever way it is activated it only rolls down about half an inch and then stops. I have had a quick look but can see no obvious obstructions!

Has anyone had the same or similar problem and solved it? I will be grateful to anyone who can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks in advance.

bubba_1986
Friday 25th May 2012, 16:50
Yes. Don't get me started. I am safe to say the expert on c70 windows. The window mech and motor will need changed. The motor is cable drive. And over time coils up and jams. I have spare mechs for each side fully built. 70 quid each. Considering they are over 500 new.

Pm wobblydave if u are intrested as he holds all the parts.

dickiemint
Sunday 27th May 2012, 11:36
Thanks for that Bubba, are they a buger to fit for a DIYer? Thanks.

bubba_1986
Sunday 27th May 2012, 12:07
They are an absolute nightmare to line up and get correct. It takes a lot of patience and swearing and shouting. I have had my drivers one out about 20 times. The window had been smashed twice and each time couldn't get lined up exactly. I would be more than happy to give u best advice i could if u want a replacement reg.

The part is with wobblydave, and i'm sure he would be willing to help you fit it.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 27th May 2012, 23:19
Yes but I will be phoning Fraz a lot!

bubba_1986
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 22:49
You wanting this regulator mate ?